Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

{Dark}WolfBite

Ranks, Classification???

Sorry about the post in the other thread, but I will repeat it in the right place. How does this system work? and is it fair? Please discuss these overall questions with the newbies like me on this thread; it will really help out a lot.

Well we have two ideas,

This is the general concept that goes behind both ideas

People go up in ranks by post count or are put into certain groups (Like if your staff you get a hero group {staff =hero lol ya know} )

first idea:

The ranks are the general ones that would fit for every person pretty much identifiny g you as a general unit.

Peasant - 0-20 posts

Swordsman 20-30 posts

Archer - 30-40 posts

Few other ranks here posts 50-600

Samurai - 600-750 posts

Ronin - 750-810 posts ( a fallen samurai might have more knowledge as he did both bad and good)

Some ranks here - 810-1000

Warlord - 1000 -1250 posts

Borthers

1st brother - 1000-1500 posts

2nd brother - 1500-1750 posts

3rd brother - 1750-2000 posts

Necromancer -2000-2500 posts and so on...

Second Idea:

You have the ability to choose your favorite clan and then depending on clan thats how your rank goes up

So I would choose lets say Dragon:

1-20 Peasant (1 is needed for the choose clan part, when 0 you are "Clanless")

20-30 Swordsman

30-40 Archer

and so on

Then if I choose lotus it be:

1-20 Peasant

20-30 Shadow Steed

30-40 Leaf

40-50 Blade

50-60 Staff

and so on.

Comment on it please, If you have questions ask i'll answer them asap.

It's great, but there are some errors in it. Like in lotus, wouldn't you go to golem after peasant not shadow steed. I don't know it is your ranking system. I like both ideas, but I have a question. There are more heroes than they are going to be staff members. Like you said not much are needed. And what about necromancer, isn't he considered a hero???

It's great, but there are some errors in it.  Like in lotus, wouldn't you go to golem after peasant not shadow steed.  I don't know it is your ranking system.  I like both ideas, but I have a question.  There are more heroes than they are going to be staff members.  Like you said not much are needed.  And what about necromancer, isn't he considered a hero???

178[/snapback]

It would be golem first as they cant fight and are terribly slow

then peasant then shadow steed. as I said those are just a few ideas which are in no way complete. I just made that post up now to ilustrate how it would be so ignore the order their in.

But for heros... well kinda but both Necro and the Brothers have their own buildings and the necro does not require yang only the Brothers do. So if you have alot of posts you could get the non-keep heros.

And how are you going to determine staff members,

Are you and dovesink the only staff? Is dovesink even in the staff? because his group says :members, when he claims he is an admin.

As of now I suppose we are... and Im working on the site right now so I can not give away the staff/group leader positions as it will interfere with the coding of the mainsite

The mainsite will show active users online, display news posts from the announcement forums on the mainsite show newest thread and etc. But it wont be a portal. It will be a normal page thats sinced with the forums.

My question was how are you going to select them?, are they random picks out of the community?

No, not random. Those who show interest and are nice will get to be in staff, also you have to be active so as of "activeness" you are #1 on the list.

Thanks im flattered, but Im just asking these questions because there is so much work to do here. And I really want to pull this off (bring BattleRealms back to life, it will take a lot of time and effort but its worth it).

Jesus.... Not everybody who's nice and active will get staff. Staff is like a mod, no admin will be given out for a long time me and B1nsane will discuss it. Staff is somebody who helps manage the site and forums. "Elite" will be given out to some respected members, but thats a high title too so you better do some highly needed things and be respected around here by many people to get the Elite status. To get staff you gotta be helping more around the forums helping with the coding and other things. I am an admin, if I would be put into admin as 1nsane said it would mess with the forums and disrupt it. 1st we need to clean up all of this around us then get into that kinda stuff. I like the rankings except for needing to go through each LV1 like you know if youre in dragon you'd need to be spearman then archer, then chemist. Just 1 if possible.

i just read that rank stuff.. Why shadow steed? -.- I mean.. I'm not wreckin on your idea, its awesome, but... Horsees must get involved? Cuz you could take off steed and start with golem... ._. just my lil imput

I just did that quickly to illustrate what I meant. Its not how it will be done when its done :)

Oh, I forgot to mention, maybe the post reqs for levels shouldn't be that high. They should be high, but in a reasonable range. 2000 seems like alot. People that are insane hooligans might spam just to get high level things.. Or maybe thats just how I'm seeing things.. :o

I just did that quickly to illustrate what I meant. Its not how it will be done when its done :)

228[/snapback]

Gahhh read that.... I was just doing it quickly... Choose which idea you like more and when more members reply we will do the ranks and the post counts :)

But I don't wana read it! :'( j/k Lol. I did read it. I'm just putting in more of my noobish imput :D

I will have much more time on the weekend to work on the forum and site

so I should maybe do it then. However im unsure, we still have to make them up.

Ya im making the ranks right now and I'll consult with 1nsane later on. Shark has msn, if you do too you can join in a convo and the 2 of you can help me make a list :)

Here I go, either make a BR related rank system like stated earlier or go on like this....newbie, member, advanced member, super member, ultimate member. something like that. ( this is just a suggestion )

I say make a branched rank. If you get what i mean.. Like, start off as a Peasant. once you get 10 posts, you choose a clan. And then when yo get 15 posts, you can choose one the first level units (ex. lotus- leaf, blade, staff) Then at 30 you get the 2nd level branch etc etc..