Than

New Game Set In The Battle Realms Universe

Hey everyone. I realize there are probably only one or two of you that would recognize me by my handle, SERAPHRowen. I've known Mana for a number of years now, and he's always made sure that Liquid knows that there is still a huge community of Battle Realms fans playing all over the world. I was one of the original developers on Battle Realms, although just a tester at the time. I was pretty active on the old Battlerealms.com forums. I'm here to sort of re-introduce myself to those that don't know me, as well as to let you all know that Liquid Entertainment hasn't given up on Battle Realms. The journey of the actual intellectual property has had a long and winding road, but ultimately all that matters is that Liquid Entertainment once again owns the Battle Realms universe, and we are currently in production on a brand new game.

We are getting back into Battle Realms because like most of you, we fell in love with the world, and the mechanics for the game. It thrills us to see so many people still playing Battle Realms, and it really gives us extra energy to make the game we are currently working on that much better, and authentic. The new game will have the same clans, many of the same heroes, and of course, lots of conflict. One thing I want to make clear, is that the Battle Realms is not just an RTS. The Battle Realms universe is much larger then what you guys have seen. The original Battle Realms takes place on a small plateau (that becomes an island) on a small continent, in a very large world. There are other clans, other forces, and other foes that have never been made public. This new game will be in many ways very different from Battle Realms, but in many ways the same. As time progresses, Mana and I will give you more and more details about the game, both through these forums, as well as through Liquid's official forums.

I'm excited to see what you guys think of it.

-Than

• Upvote 2

Good to finally have confirmation that the Battle Realms universe is still alive :).

Looking forward to more info on the new game.

• Upvote 1

i think this will be WIN , finally the new BR we had waiting for so much time ; D

i waited since WOTW.. i can wait until you guys get that one finished : )

• Upvote 1

A new game in the Battle Realms universe would be great. I just read the prologue of Battle Realms, and once I started reading it, I couldn't stop until I read all the chapters. laugh.gif

Maybe we will be able to know more about the Ancient Dragon Clan, Sea Turtle Clan, Heron Clan, Tiger Clan, Eagle Clan and the Monkey Clan,

Maybe we will be able to roam the mainland, or the Islands where the Wolf and the Lotus Clans came from.

I would also like to know why the Horde came to be.

There are still many things that are left unexplored in the Battle Realms Universe.

I wonder in what timeline the game will be, a prequel, a sequel, or the same time as Kenji in another continent.

• Upvote 1

A new game in the Battle Realms universe would be great. I just read the prologue of Battle Realms, and once I started reading it, I couldn't stop until I read all the chapters. laugh.gif

Out of curiosity, what prologue did you read and where did you find it?

• Upvote 1

i have seem the website you have provided. Do you guys actually work with liquid or is like a non profit organization supported by liquid to make this changes? anyways there are still lots of fans out there who loved BR. I'm glad we got some news after 8 years of waiting since Ed said there will be something along the way. At Least it bring hopes up and i can't wait for the new graphics design. just out of curiosity will the new graphics be on cry engine3 or something much higher than the graphics used back in 2001? i love the story line i hope you guys keep it the same and not go super tech with the story line...the least thing you want BR to become is a technological world. ( starcraft 2 etc..)

• Upvote 1

Is this mean that BR will gonna started again in a new way????

I can't wait!!!! :D

(and I hope there will be one on Taiwan..because I can't find WOTW ver. here :( )

• Upvote 1

I just hope you guys not to make some super-duper high graphics that will suck on most PCs. There are a lot of BR players that dont have that fast machines. Pls make it somewhat not so heavy, we actualy dont play BR cuz of the grapphics, but cuz of the gameplay. :) Cheers!

• Upvote 1

i have seem the website you have provided. Do you guys actually work with liquid or is like a non profit organization supported by liquid to make this changes? anyways there are still lots of fans out there who loved BR. I'm glad we got some news after 8 years of waiting since Ed said there will be something along the way. At Least it bring hopes up and i can't wait for the new graphics design. just out of curiosity will the new graphics be on cry engine3 or something much higher than the graphics used back in 2001? i love the story line i hope you guys keep it the same and not go super tech with the story line...the least thing you want BR to become is a technological world. ( starcraft 2 etc..)

It is official, from Liquid. Than works for Liquid Entertainment.

Than posted confirmation below.

• Upvote 1

hell, its about time... jk ;D ahah i cant wait! thanks for the email mana. this is one of the best things ive ever heard and its nice to be back on these forums again :)

• Upvote 1

hell, its about time... jk ;D ahah i cant wait! thanks for the email mana. this is one of the best things ive ever heard and its nice to be back on these forums again :)

Yeah I thought you guys might appreciate hearing about this :D.

• Upvote 1

OMG this is so unexpected! and I can't wait to hear more about it too! but there was already more clan? this battle realms universe sounds great already :D

• Upvote 1

These unexpected news fill my heart with an endless amount of joy!

*performs kabuki happiness dance*

There you go, some drawing of a ninja to support this project.

post-1752-0-96497900-1309579956_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

The new BR game is, unfortunately, not an RTS game. I hope this new game sells well so we can have a real Battle Realms 2. If only the first BR was not overshadowed by the release of Warcraft 3, we may have gotten BR 2 a lot sooner. dry.gif

I wonder what type of game the new one is gonna be? What do you guys think? mellow.gif

• Upvote 1

The new BR game is, unfortunately, not an RTS game. I hope this new game sells well so we can have a real Battle Realms 2. If only the first BR was not overshadowed by the release of Warcraft 3, we may have gotten BR 2 a lot sooner. dry.gif

I wonder what type of game the new one is gonna be? What do you guys think? mellow.gif

No, I think it still is an RTS, Than was just saying that "battle realms is not just an RTS" meaning there's more to it than meets the genre :P.

Well I don't really know, but I do hope they'll be a spear hero *wink* and maybe a poor beggar clan too >.>, and formation controlling this time... I actually could go on but I'm gonna stop here sorry for the shameless appeal there lol.

• Upvote 1

Than confirmed on the official liquid forums that the new game is NOT an RTS.

Funny thing is, I just had a dream where Kenji 3 was in a hack and slash game @_@

• Upvote 1

Than confirmed on the official liquid forums that the new game is NOT an RTS.

Funny thing is, I just had a dream where Kenji 3 was in a hack and slash game @_@

Yes I know and he also said it still have strategy, for me its still an RTS because I don't use that term techinally, even Total War series to me is RTS.

• Upvote 1

Wow, this is incredible. A new BR game, after 8 years a new game. Didn't think it was possible. This is great news to hear!!!!

• Upvote 1