Sign in to follow this  
Lemon Jelly

About That Random Spread...

How come most if not all the lotus servers have damage spread and bullet spread? I think having no damage spread and no bullet spread would be something that befits everyone. Also on that topic. why have random crits? I understand that it was originally part of the game but its seems to be a more balanced when it is disabled. Mostly my concern is with the damage spread and bullet spread but no random crits would be icing on the cake. It would nice if you could just test it out on some servers, see if you got any complaints or compliments. Pretty sure Stocks 2 has some of this disable, why not spread the love?

I would actually have to agree. This explains both of the annoyances I seem to have while playing. Especially the random Crits. I have yet to hear anyone say, "Yeah, I'm so glad random crits are on this server." Instead I hear, "Stupid F***ing Crits".

And as for the Damage and Bullet spread, I'd rather have the game act like a real FPS and not like a virtual RPG.

I luv random crits, Everyone gets them so its your fault if you dont take advantage of them and its your fault if you die by them.

That is unless your playing a fucking night team severs in which they sell hacks.

They call it premium -.-

"It's your fault of you die by them." <--- ? That makes no sense when talking about random crits. Coming around a corner and some black box fag soldier gets a random crit and I die, so it's my fault? There is no fault other than Valve too high crit chances on the black box. As a matter of fact, there is no fault about anything from a random crit and you can't take advantage of them since they are random. Sorry, but your post made absolutely no sense.

Like I said before I'm not too concerned with random crits because it so debatable, but I would like to hear good reasons as to why have damage spread and bullet spread?

Have you checked out any other forums about this? I'm just doing a Google search on both topics right now. If you turn off Damage Spread, from what I understand, a bullet/shot/rocket/whatever will do the same amount of damage no matter how much space is in between you and the target. Whereas if it's enabled, a rocket/bullet will do less damage the further away you are from it.

Bullet Spread gets more tricky since the Scout has a Scattergun and the Heavy's Miniguns are just a huge spread the further you are from him. I really hate backing away from a Heavy and being quite a good distance away from him (say...2 Medic heal gun max distance away) and getting killed when the fucker get's a random crit chain and you die. It's not him really being accurate, it's just his guns covers so much goddamn coverage area when you get far away and the crit comes in and kills you because of it.

That is, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, if I understand everything correctly.....which I prolly don't lol

Some quote from places I've read:

Damage Spread

It means weapons cause a precise amount of damage each time, instead of a random value between X and Y.

You've never seen a nospread heavy precisely mow you down with the minigun from the other side of the map? Every bullet hits you from a kilometer away, frustrating.

That damage is more consistent.

There's less variation either way. Something will hit for closer to a certain value rather than either side of it as much.

Weapons do the same average amount of damage, the variance is just lowered.

So if the base damage of the weapon was 20, instead of doing 15-25 damage (a 25% spread), it now does 18-22 (a 10% spread). The average is still 20, though.

So on and so forth. It's hard to read a lot of posts from different people saying things unless you've experienced it yourself and know how to identify the 2 differences it seems.

Maybe Mana and Afronanny can shed some more light on this.

"It's your fault of you die by them." <--- ? That makes no sense when talking about random crits. Coming around a corner and some black box fag soldier gets a random crit and I die, so it's my fault? There is no fault other than Valve too high crit chances on the black box. As a matter of fact, there is no fault about anything from a random crit and you can't take advantage of them since they are random. Sorry, but your post made absolutely no sense.

Yea, its your fault you went around the corner isnt it, Unaware of what to happen, you get hit with a crocket which you can evade

but didnt

It's a bit late in the game to make such drastic changes on our servers. Players come to expect a certain kind of gameplay from the Lotus servers they favorited.

Disabling damage spread would probably go unnoticed and have little impact on the player counts.

But disabling crits would leave the servers far less popular.

Also doing any of these changes would disqualify our servers from the "play now" button which is now used by most people. Leaving us only the server browser and favorites to get players. New players to the game rarely use the server browser thanks to matchmaking.

Funny that enabling skill based options (No random crits, no spread) would remove you from the Play Now. Valve sure does love their noobs.

Then can we seriously evaluate the idea of a Paid Members server. You have a few servers that aren't very high on traffic. You can switch them for a month and see what happens.

Then can we seriously evaluate the idea of a Paid Members server. You have a few servers that aren't very high on traffic. You can switch them for a month and see what happens.

what happened with that idea? 33x could stay as they are,.. but some 24x servers maybe to test? Or get a "vote" started for "random Critz" or "disable random critz" ?

I find it legit to whitelist (Start Playing) vanilla game servers. Default game settings are expected and makes tf2 a quality product. Sometimes I join servers and running speed is increase. I just leave. Also, I can't figure why people play with such settings. In other terms, that breaks the game.

Yeah that black box fag soldier hit you with a crit, but next time it will be you getting that crit.