Mana

H2otool - H20 Archive Archiver/Extraction Utility (Modding BR)

I might make a mod to replace the game's landscape and building textures =) Doesn't seem too hard! Does anyone know if the game has any limitations on how high res the textures can be?

Well it's up to you to test it out :)

I think it was only limited by the hardware of the time :) They did use this engine for their laters games, although enhanced no doubt.

I will be making a tutorial with screenshots sometime later this week, have been busy. But Nynx's one should do for now :).

It's a command line tool, you need to run it in CMD:

Windows XP:

Start -> Run -> Type in "cmd" press enter and drag and drop the h2otool.exe into the CMD prompt window.

Windows Vista

Start -> In search box type in "cmd" and press enter. Now type in the location of the h2otool.exe into the command prompt window.

Any questions?

i drag in the thing and thne enter then it does nothing..... help

(srry i doubled post diffent idea)

some1 should 2 try 2 make a thing so its easyer for ppl 2 understand or something so they dont have 2 go thoght alll thoses files becuase i am slow and opening more then 2 files crashs my pc

i already download and try it but i cant....can u tell why it is????

I will tell you, when you run the program it says "Missing command" and it recommends you to view the help file but it havn't a help file... So wait more of this guy Tobias

Nicosafull ----> http://nicosafull.es.tl

You did exactly what I described ?

In "cmd" you first type the directory where the tool is located THEN space THEN the command then the directory of the file you want to extract THEN again space and last the directory where you want it to be extracted...

Go and try

Well here's a simple tutorial:

1)Press the Start Button

2)Click Run

3)Type in CMD

4)Surrounded by quote sings type the location of the H2Otool into the command line and click enter.

For Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\h2otool.exe" help - This will display the Help/Readme menu

Example:

1.png

Now to extract files from an H2O archive you do the following:

Type in the location of the h2otool in quotes followed by the extract command, location of the archive and the directory where it should be extracted. Each of which should be enclosed in quotes. Then click enter.

For Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\h2otool.exe" extract "C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O" C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\TexturesExtracted"

Example:

2.png

This will extract all the files located in the Textures.H2O file into a folder called TexturesExtracted.

Building a .H2O archive using the H2Otool:

Type in the location of the H2Otool, followed by the build command which is then followed by the location and name of the archive and the source folder of the extracted files. (Each of which should be enclosed in quotes)

For Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\h2otool.exe" build "C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\TexturesExtracted"

Example:

3.png

Here is a link to a thread that has another H2O extractor (but not an archiver) you can also use this file to extract archives:

http://www.battlerealms.cc/forums/index.ph...ic=1369&hl=

can u get the dirrect path if my h2otool is in my document..

my document is "C:Users/Teppo The Alchemist/then what?(mean the path)