Mana

H2otool - H20 Archive Archiver/Extraction Utility (Modding BR)

can u get the dirrect path if my h2otool is in my document..

my document is "C:Users/Teppo The Alchemist/then what?(mean the path)

Yeah you can, just right click the h2otool choose properties and copy and paste the location into cmd prompt.

ok thanks for all the help i moded everything i wanted to and built the model.H20 and when i load the game it say "model intialize(GATHERPOINT_DRAGON.LMD) meaning that wont load

this is really not helping and i'm new to this Mod thing an the proompt and the direct what ever but i like how you put a example but still not helping me but at least make a mod fast for me to try

'it says C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Sigh i'm uber stupid and confued

Well here's a simple tutorial:

1)Press the Start Button

2)Click Run

3)Type in CMD

4)Surrounded by quote sings type the location of the H2Otool into the command line and click enter.

For Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\h2otool.exe" help - This will display the Help/Readme menu

Example:

1.png

Now to extract files from an H2O archive you do the following:

Type in the location of the h2otool in quotes followed by the extract command, location of the archive and the directory where it should be extracted. Each of which should be enclosed in quotes. Then click enter.

For Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\h2otool.exe" extract "C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O" C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\TexturesExtracted"

Example:

2.png

This will extract all the files located in the Textures.H2O file into a folder called TexturesExtracted.

Building a .H2O archive using the H2Otool:

Type in the location of the H2Otool, followed by the build command which is then followed by the location and name of the archive and the source folder of the extracted files. (Each of which should be enclosed in quotes)

For Example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\h2otool.exe" build "C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquid Entertainment\Battle Realms\TexturesExtracted"

Example:

3.png

Here is a link to a thread that has another H2O extractor (but not an archiver) you can also use this file to extract archives:

http://www.battlerealms.cc/forums/index.ph...ic=1369&hl=

it says C:\Documents and Settings\(computer name)Kevin Do>h2otool extract <archive> <target directory> < was unexpected at this time ...it wat it says help! also sorry that i'm putting triples replys

'it says C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

It clearly says in my tutorial atleast twice to use QUOTES aka "" around EVERYTHING

ok thanks for all the help i moded everything i wanted to and built the model.H20 and when i load the game it say "model intialize(GATHERPOINT_DRAGON.LMD) meaning that wont load

Did you try modifying that file? And are you sure that your archive actually has that file in it?

How do I open lsk files?! :blink:

I suggest you start with opening and modifying the .TGA files :).

Did you try modifying that file? And are you sure that your archive actually has that file in it?

\sry but its a .LMD and it is in the archive

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!

ok i tried 'again' and is said ' Could not open archive' Can you help me with this Lord?

You probably did it wrong, did you use the "" signs around the archive? Did you make sure you are choosing a .h2o archive and that it ends with .h2o?

can someone help my problem

Just try remaking the archive.. Re-extract and re-build with your new content.

You probably did it wrong, did you use the "" signs around the archive? Did you make sure you are choosing a .h2o archive and that it ends with .h2o?

Yes i did

idk if i have the original file but ill try

Yes i did

Paste your whole command line here that you are trying to use and I will fix it...

Paste your whole command line here that you are trying to use and I will fix it...
- C:\Documents amd Settings\Kevin Do>"C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\h2otool.exe" extract "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\bewinterofthewolf\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O"C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\brwinterofthewolf" - ok here's the command

'Couldn't open archive'

I tried same Syntax which is used in all the comments but it doesn't work, maybe because i have Winter of the Wolf or because German basic version?

--> It can't work if the quotations are nested!

--> [...\h2otool.exe] ["extract"/"list"/...] [Archive path]

(Without this: [] )

Archive path without quotations:

Could not open archive

Archive path with quotations (like this: " ):

h2otool: missing directory

Archive path with quotations (like this: ' ):

Could not open archive

'Couldn't open archive'

I tried same Syntax which is used in all the comments but it doesn't work, maybe because i have Winter of the Wolf or because German basic version?

--> It can't work if the quotations are nested!

--> [...\h2otool.exe] ["extract"/"list"/...] [Archive path]

(Without this: [] )

Archive path without quotations:

Could not open archive

Archive path with quotations (like this: " ):

h2otool: missing directory

Archive path with quotations (like this: ' ):

Could not open archive

same here

I'm trying to write a .bat script which would act as a gui... Not sure if i'll be able to but I will try :)

can someone give me the original model.H20 file because i overwrite myne and now it wont load the GATERPOINT_DRAGON.LMD

- C:\Documents amd Settings\Kevin Do>"C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\h2otool.exe" extract "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\bewinterofthewolf\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O"C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\brwinterofthewolf" - ok here's the command

Fail... :/

Here:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\h2otool.exe" extract "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\bewinterofthewolf\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O" "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\brwinterofthewolf"

See the difference? Look close into it and you will see what you did wrong :)

As for that h2o file, do you have the cd... somewhere? :P

Fail... :/

Here:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\h2otool.exe" extract "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\bewinterofthewolf\Battle Realms\Textures\Textures.H2O" "C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Do\Desktop\brwinterofthewolf"

See the difference? Look close into it and you will see what you did wrong :)

As for that h2o file, do you have the cd... somewhere? :P

i think i see the problem but i lost my cd

can someone give me the original model.H20 file because i overwrite myne and now it wont load the GATERPOINT_DRAGON.LMD

Do you still need it?

Do you still need it?
maybe but my friend in this website send me a rar file which i extract and can play battle realms winter of the wolf

maybe but my friend in this website send me a rar file which i extract and can play battle realms winter of the wolf

ugh... Right..

I'll take that as a no.

i mean that i think my friend send me a file which is a i think is a crack file that allows me to play without cd , do i need the cd / real?