Sign in to follow this  
kirby_is_kyaan

Vista Problems

Question

Hi,

I'm new here. I recently found my copy of Battle Realms rotting underneath a bunch of old electronics, and took it out and started playing on my new computer. The game works fine, the only problem is that it won't let me save. Whatever I type, if I click "Enter" or hit the save button, it always doesn't work. My OS is, as you could guess from the title, Windows Vista Business 32-Bit edition. Also, it won't let me run the game in compatibility mode. Any help would be appreciated! :D

Oh, and happy new year.

12 answers to this question

Anyone use Windows Vista?

The only problem is this game is so old and almost everyone is playing this game under Windows XP. I wish there would be someone who had play this game under windows Vista, so he/she can help you :)

What really happens anyway when you click Save? Are your files can't be editable? That might be the case, READ ONLY FILE

When I click save, I hear the sound effect of clicking, but the game doesn't show up under the saved games list. This happens with both Skirmish and Kenji's Journey (which to this day I haven't beaten, either side)

Battle Realms can not save because it is probably in your "program files" directory which is under protection in Vista. You need to run Battle Realms as an admin if you want to make save games. :)

Hi. I run BR in Vista Basic in one machine and Vista Premium on another without any problems, both 32-bit versions.

I never had to run it as administrator in both situations and have no problems saving.

right click and go to properties.

Under "compatibility" tab, you should be able to check off "run as administrator"

That should give the game r/w access.