Sign in to follow this  
samuraispirit

How To Defeat A Big Warlock Attack?

archers won't be very effective against a troop of warlocks. Ronin will not last for 10 seconds due to vulnerability against magic and explosives. Berserkers will own lotus 100%.

Archers won't work but archers + healers will work...

yes blinding flash and stardust may work but when warlocks fight those kabukis in melee they will die quickly because kabukis are very weak to magic.

for dragon clan, dragon warrior is a good option i think.. they can stay longer than spearman, kabuki, samurai, etc

Try using Spreading Goo. It will at least slow them down giving you an advantage. Then maul them with melee units supported by channelers. Use also the Dark Canopy skill of the Staff Adept.

What is happening with the Forum???

Next Mod: Pls Delete my quatro-post -.-'

Sometimes the Forum posts it more than one time.

First of all:

SUPER AI is NOT every useless characteristic with value 100!

Why does a Computer need to explore???

Things like that you can write a 0.

A very strong AI, that I use sometimes:

[AIPlayerSettings]

Name=Kenji

Aggressiveness=90

Cleverness=100

Exploration=0

Harassment=100

Intelligence=100

Attention_Span=100

Battle_Gear_Usage=100

Memory=100

Horse_Usage=0

Hero_Usage=0

Healer_Usage=20

Its aim is to produce fast units and to attack you soon. I don't want to say that horses are useless, but they need some time so I set this value to 0, nearle the same with heroes, a keep is very expansive and needs time to be build.

Maybe it's still not perfect, but today I fight one Kenji, Serpent against Serpent.

The AI made Dark deal (? I mean the ability of the Gaisha, which gives more resistence.)

Smoke...

Yin-Blades

In my opinion that's very good for an AI.

Second:

Kabuki VS Warlock...

...is a very long fight!

Because the Kabuki doesn't take much damage from the Warlock, even in Melee-Combat, i saw this very often. And in Range-Combat the Warlockt are very inefective too. So Stardust and Flash is realy nice against some Warlocks.

I don't understand why so many people claim warlocks to be great. I think they are pretty mediocre units. The thing you say about storming a town with lots of Warlocks in Skirmish. If you try it with Ronin, Samurai or Berserker, you would get the same result.

When playing as dragon, beating warlocks is easy as hell. Just use dragon warriors and a few kabuki and the warlocks are toast.

It seems many new players think making 40 Warlocks is the ultimate army. In this game 40 of any one unit is weak.

It seems many new players think making 40 Warlocks is the ultimate army. In this game 40 of any one unit is weak.

Exactly!

Also, I think the warlock is the most overrated unit in the game, because everyone seem to think they are stronger than they actually are.

Another annoying thing is when people base all their arguments off the "charts". If you want to argue about what unit is stronger against another, test it in-game. The charts are very inaccurate.

if ur trying to use the dragon spirit against them

it wont work, the dragon spirit wont kill them all it would just make all the warlocks turn red

i tried it b4 :D

kabuki warriors, if melee is not an option for them, (specially if there is a SURPRISE! unclean one, you could set him on hold position(magic fireballs, low damage, but fun to watch) of stand by in front of the archers(not do anyting, regain stamina for another round of stardust), his excellent explosive resistance makes for a good shield.

You guys don't really get it.

There is an undefeated move of a whole battalion of Warlocks where everyone are skilled with

"Sehk's Soul Chill" (Warlock's Anti-Melee 1 second deadly AOE kill)

If they cast that skill simultaneously, ALL of the opponents nearby are dead in 1 hit.

It is an AOE 1 hit kill better than the Dragons Breath of Dragon from the Dragon Monument.

The only way to defeat a pack of Warlock is to have 6 Yangs from Dragon and Sacrifice 8 Samurais

because Warlocks cannot get killed by 1 Dragons Breath and it requires 2 unless they are severely damage.

Also, it is difficult to kill the Channeler because they usually stay on the back and before you reach them, the pack of Warlocks has already cast the Sehk's Soul Chill and ALL of your units are dead in 1 hit.

Mugging of Swordsman does not remove all skills of the battalion unless you have 8 and I have a doubt that they could not cast all of them on time. Also I will half quick cast Sehk's Soul Chill before they dispell my BattleGear.

Ronins, Berserker are useless even if the have that Battle Gear.

Samurai's advantage is to do the Seppuku when they die however it takes time to regain Samurai because before you made the Samurai some of the Warlock that survive will attack your own base.

There is an undefeated move of a whole battalion of Warlocks where everyone are skilled with

If they cast that skill simultaneously, ALL of the opponents nearby are dead in 1 hit.

It is an AOE 1 hit kill better than the Dragons Breath of Dragon from the Dragon Monument.

The only way to defeat a pack of Warlock is to have 6 Yangs from Dragon and Sacrifice 8 Samurais

because Warlocks cannot get killed by 1 Dragons Breath and it requires 2 unless they are severely damage.

Also, it is difficult to kill the Channeler because they usually stay on the back and before you reach them, the pack of Warlocks has already cast the Sehk's Soul Chill and ALL of your units are dead in 1 hit.

Mugging of Swordsman does not remove all skills of the battalion unless you have 8 and I have a doubt that they could not cast all of them on time. Also I will half quick cast Sehk's Soul Chill before they dispell my BattleGear.

Ronins, Berserker are useless even if the have that Battle Gear.

Samurai's advantage is to do the Seppuku when they die however it takes time to regain Samurai because before you made the Samurai some of the Warlock that survive will attack your own base.

Lotus blessings are not as easy to aquire as normal battle gear.

use it to your advantage.

I would use a group of powder keg canoners for dragon, balistaman and or hurlers for wolf, cannoners and musketers trined in the thieves guild and for the lotus i wold use warlocks too

For the Serpent Clan, I would get a group of cloaked bandits to go behind and attack the channelers, while sending some swordsmen with mugging, along with cannoneers with smoke bombs and musketeers with sniper scopes. Once the channelers are dead, send the bandits to attack from behind. Perhaps having dark pact on a few units might help. Getting Vetkin in there to drain their stamina would help a lot.

For the wolf clan, I'd send in a bunch of diggers in the back to handle the channelers, then I'd go for the warlocks. I'd get a ballistaman to stick a totem in the middle of all the warlocks, and then I'd have my main force of ballistamen focus fire on one target constantly.

I kill the Warlock 1st before other units because Warlock's are weak in short range except if they have the Siek's Cold Chill whatever you call that.

Warlocks are extremely annoying, but it takes a bit about weaknesses to figure out the easiest way to slay them...

Since I tend to use either Serpent or Lotus (Serpent online, Lotus offline..) it makes my job that much easier..

Cannoneers and Snipers are very useful in taking out warlocks. Snipers can help pick off the warlocks from a distance (make sure that the Vital Points upgrade is gotten, really helps) and Cannoneers can help finish off the weakened force.

With Lotus, DC is good since SC is a bit of a ranged attack. Use either leaf disciples or your own warlocks with SC to counter a warlock attack..

In regards to wolf and Dragon, I hardly use them since my skill with them is weak at best, but any type of piercing or crushing attack should work (Sledgers/Ballistamen for wolf, Archers for Dragon.)

Don't quote me on this, It's been a long while since I got my game on, so I'm a bit rusty on tactics..

Alright,to me its so hard to defeat a flock of warlocks or m.warlocks..to defeat it,use a flock of army that using melees!!!!!!!becuase when you use a close combat to a range warrioir,they cant do a range attack...or using kabukis with stardust...but i didnt face a bunch of warlocks yet.... ;)

well i am a bit diff regarding dragon and lotus

i have played games in which i have defeated the enemy by using this

first of all SCOUT its te most imp part of ur stratgy find out wat units enemy makes and if enemy rushes with warlocks

the best way is that u stardust and use horse trample of 5 geisha and as warlock ar weak to blunt they die easy....

next in medium game make samurai and kabuki as enemy has sc so sams are best, kabuki with stardust as well as flash, now as warlocks approach use army of sams and kab with flash to attack, first the enemy will cast sc just at nik of time activate ur dragon shield of sam, they wont get any damage moreover sc is cutting so sam wont get that much damage in first place... as they are out of sc flash and trample their army....

and 1 hit kill is not applicable to all units