marcelo_20xx

Modding Battlereams.dat

1) I will make a good tutorial for this later, but to simply answer your question:

i - go to building u want to upgrade, and change upgrade type to the building you want (just like town square)...

ii - go to the building "upgrades" (this is where the unit upgrades are...like example Zen Arrows)...now change this to upgrade button (for Dragon clan it is 876, for example)

2) How do i turn voice off? Can i change this only with .dat file?

I really wanted to turn voice into the one i want for the Reserved UnitsB.

I changed Reserved Unit 00 into Druidess...i wanted her to have Druidess voice, but when i click she have monster voice saying "deeeath".

Can you explain how to change this?

Nice, :)  example for turning off a voice is unpack using H2Otool all voices

Then find how to speak unit in a game to compare with all assigned unpaked voices that game not use , and that way works but its need test  exactly what voices are not used by the GAME

this can be done because game not every voice use in game

Thanks for tip...i might try this...

Btw, i have a question about the Reserved Units:

So, I am using them for my mod...but they are making the game crash...do you guys know why? It usually happens when the units gets attacked (receive damage).

Tip to make new units  you should based on existing units stats to eliminate that kinda errors maybe the problem is with the tooltip units should use 2

1) I will make a good tutorial for this later, but to simply answer your question:

i - go to building u want to upgrade, and change upgrade type to the building you want (just like town square)...

ii - go to the building "upgrades" (this is where the unit upgrades are...like example Zen Arrows)...now change this to upgrade button (for Dragon clan it is 876, for example)

after test 

game crash i use in fireworks factory to whatower and in first upgrade button 876 from tree

scond test fireworks to royal akademy use all tree upgrade buttons to 876 result crash the game

Edited by Gregor8356

1) Nice, :)  example for turning off a voice is unpack using H2Otool all voices

Then find how to speak unit in a game to compare with all assigned unpaked voices that game not use , and that way works but its need test  exactly what voices are not used by the GAME

this can be done because game not every voice use in game

2) Tip to make new units  you should based on existing units stats to eliminate that kinda errors maybe the problem is with the tooltip units should use 2

3) after test 

game crash i use in fireworks factory to whatower and in first upgrade button 876 from tree

scond test fireworks to royal akademy use all tree upgrade buttons to 876 result crash the game

1) This seems a bit hard and complex...also it will be worse for others to use my mod, no? Because right now, all you need is to replace .dat to use my mod. So i'll stick with MrFish's suggestion...

2) Yes, i do this :)

I first copy everything from a unit, then i go change what i want...like battle gear etc.

3)Np, i will make a good tutorial later...after i finish my mod. I'm close, only clan left is lotus.

I just dunno where to post when im done...maybe here and in Moddb.com?

1) This seems a bit hard and complex...also it will be worse for others to use my mod, no? Because right now, all you need is to replace .dat to use my mod. So i'll stick with MrFish's suggestion...

2) Yes, i do this :)

I first copy everything from a unit, then i go change what i want...like battle gear etc.

3)Np, i will make a good tutorial later...after i finish my mod. I'm close, only clan left is lotus.

I just dunno where to post when im done...maybe here and in Moddb.com?

As you want but also you can put it here Edited by Gregor8356

For the voices, there is no way to add Reserved slots, unfortunately. There is one thing you can do to give a unit a different voice, but it involves removing a Creature (like the rabbit or snake) from the game.

Do you guys know if Units: Demon_Witch2 and Shambler2 are being used in game?

I found out there is a Unit_White_Wolf (not the spirit wolf) that is never used, for example...so im using him, instead of removing a creature.

EDIT: I remember the campaign having a shambler that doesn't degenerate and a demon witch that doesnt turn back...so i think these units might be them...not sure.

Edited by shmouver

Do you guys know if Units: Demon_Witch2 and Shambler2 are being used in game?

I found out there is a Unit_White_Wolf (not the spirit wolf) that is never used, for example...so im using him, instead of removing a creature.

EDIT: I remember the campaign having a shambler that doesn't degenerate and a demon witch that doesnt turn back...so i think these units might be them...not sure.

prabably some wehre in campagin like zombie 2 in serpent path to necro hill are also used

Edited by Gregor8356

(Hopefully) my last question:

I tried making a new unit as a hero, so i summon new (aka Reserved) unit from keep...problem is, after he dies, he can't be re-summoned from the keep.
You guys know how to "fix" this?

PS: I noticed the same thing happens when i "train" a hero...but this is sorta expected since i believe the game loses the reference to the hero since he didn't die and a new unit comes out...

EDIT:

I'm almost finished with my mod...only thing left is basically my question above.

So i had some time to make that tutorial i was talking about....turns out i forgot about a very important step in Data_Controls.
Anyway...here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru4f23s4pwcvpmt/How%20to%20upgrade%20a%20building%20in%20Battle%20Realms%20with%20only%20dat%20file.rtf?dl=0

Edited by shmouver

Hello! I was very surprised to find (alive) looks- like skilled modders!

I'm relatively new to this whole BR modding thing and I use (and patiently wait for a new version of) SITUVN's Battle Realms Data Editor, instead of any HEX editor that's been suggested. I know it doesn't have all the options, and not too many opportunities to mod, but hey, I have to start from something easy and... user- friendly.

So after deeply studying battlerealms.dat with that editor, I was really sad that a lot of game features don't properly work, or don't work at all. This game really needs a new patch! But I'm here not to rant about it, I'm here to ask questions and I hope you guys can answer them.

So my first question will be about Shinja. We all know he deals weak damage. But do we truly know the cause of that? I do! (And probably some of you have already known that for a long time):

Shinja is supposed to have the same cutting damage as Ronin= 25. Knowing his attack speed, his damage in combat should be significantly different from the one we face now, once (if ever) Shinja enters the battlefield under our command.

I've figured that the poison effect overrides Shinja's basic damage, instead of being an additional-to-cutting damage. That's why Shinja's current damage is so weak!
Using the mentioned editor, I've disabled the poison effect on Shinja's weapon and witnessed him now dealing his normal 25 cutting damage, which makes him much more useful than before.

Does it mean Shinja's damage is magic if the posion effect overrides it? (I mean it's a logical idea, I know we hear sounds, but it's easily set in the editor (The same with Wildeye, he does cutting damage instead of blunt, though we hear blunt sound+ on- screen effects)
And is there a stable poison damage value? How does the poison work? I'm sure it works differently with Crossbowman and Bandit's poison. Why is it bugged in Shinja's case?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Edited by INK :D

(Hopefully) my last question:

I tried making a new unit as a hero, so i summon new (aka Reserved) unit from keep...problem is, after he dies, he can't be re-summoned from the keep.

You guys know how to "fix" this?

PS: I noticed the same thing happens when i "train" a hero...but this is sorta expected since i believe the game loses the reference to the hero since he didn't die and a new unit comes out...

EDIT:

I'm almost finished with my mod...only thing left is basically my question above.

So i had some time to make that tutorial i was talking about....turns out i forgot about a very important step in Data_Controls.

Anyway...here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru4f23s4pwcvpmt/How%20to%20upgrade%20a%20building%20in%20Battle%20Realms%20with%20only%20dat%20file.rtf?dl=0

I think i know prabobly the answers but no my timeis run out    

EDIT:

with the hero recovery condition must be fulfilled
use hero ID number to recovery unit in keep
in other training cant be restored only training bg not disturb recovery

Hello! I was very surprised to find (alive) looks- like skilled modders!

I'm relatively new to this whole BR modding thing and I use (and patiently wait for a new version of) SITUVN's Battle Realms Data Editor, instead of any HEX editor that's been suggested. I know it doesn't have all the options, and not too many opportunities to mod, but hey, I have to start from something easy and... user- friendly.

So after deeply studying battlerealms.dat with that editor, I was really sad that a lot of game features don't properly work, or don't work at all. This game really needs a new patch! But I'm here not to rant about it, I'm here to ask questions and I hope you guys can answer them.

So my first question will be about Shinja. We all know he deals weak damage. But do we truly know the cause of that? I do! (And probably some of you have already known that for a long time):

Shinja is supposed to have the same cutting damage as Ronin= 25. Knowing his attack speed, his damage in combat should be significantly different from the one we face now, once (if ever) Shinja enters the battlefield under our command.

I've figured that the poison effect overrides Shinja's basic damage, instead of being an additional-to-cutting damage. That's why Shinja's current damage is so weak!

Using the mentioned editor, I've disabled the poison effect on Shinja's weapon and witnessed him now dealing his normal 25 cutting damage, which makes him much more useful than before.

Does it mean Shinja's damage is magic if the posion effect overrides it? (I mean it's a logical idea, I know we hear sounds, but it's easily set in the editor (The same with Wildeye, he does cutting damage instead of blunt, though we hear blunt sound+ on- screen effects)

And is there a stable poison damage value? How does the poison work? I'm sure it works differently with Crossbowman and Bandit's poison. Why is it bugged in Shinja's case?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

This a good queston i think there is a solution for that but now I need time to answer on this

EDIT

ithink thats is the type of damege cuting damage should bee weeker then piercing

and think increase base damege should slove the problem 

and I think the shinja use only first attack strong next are weak that's why his attack looks weak bc of his techniques of fight

Edited by Gregor8356

ithink thats is the type of damege cuting damage should bee weeker then piercing

and think increase base damege should slove the problem 

and I think the shinja use only first attack strong next are weak that's why his attack looks weak bc of his techniques of fight

You don't understand the point of my questions! -_-

I didn't even mention the piercing damage, where did you get that from? :blink:

I'm telling you that poison effect on Shinja's blades is the only damage, that gets read by the game! His 25 of cutting damage, which is his default (strong) attack, doesn't get read. :unsure:

All of his attacks are weak. :P

If you still don't understand, compare it yourself:

1. Use default battlerealms.dat and test Shinja's damage on the units, weak to cutting.

2. Remove the poison from Shinja's blades via SITUVN's Editor (Data_Weapons-> WEAPON_SHINJA_POISONSWORD-> Poison (True->False) + Poison Time (10->0), and test in on the same units! See the difference! ^_^

@MrFish, please, respond! :lol:

EDIT:

with the hero recovery condition must be fulfilled
use hero ID number to recovery unit in keep

I really didn't understand what you are saying...what do you mean "use ID to recover him"???

I'm using one of the Reserved_Units in the Keep (I'm using his ID in the Keep already)...also, i put him in "Hero Clan". Dunno what i'm missing...

If you could explain a little better what you mean, pls...

I'm telling you that poison effect on Shinja's blades is the only damage, that gets read by the game! His 25 of cutting damage, which is his default (strong) attack, doesn't get read. :unsure:

All of his attacks are weak. :P

This is really strange...especially since i gave a unit poison damage in my mod, and he seems to be doing more damage.

I haven't tested removing Shinja's poison, but if this is true then sounds like you found a bug.

I really didn't understand what you are saying...what do you mean "use ID to recover him"???

I'm using one of the Reserved_Units in the Keep (I'm using his ID in the Keep already)...also, i put him in "Hero Clan". Dunno what i'm missing...

If you could explain a little better what you mean, pls...

This is really strange...especially since i gave a unit poison damage in my mod, and he seems to be doing more damage.

I haven't tested removing Shinja's poison, but if this is true then sounds like you found a bug.

ID mean by number unit like 88 is Garin hero unit

that means the only hero units numbers are  recovered in keep

rest numbers  are omitted try by your self

solutoin swap the  numbers and sounds of unit

EDITED!!!

set a hero clan realy dont make unit a hero

Edited by Gregor8356

What's the basic damage of your unit, besides the poison effect? Diseased One has the same poison damage, if I'm not mistaken, but his damage is strong. That's probably because his basic damage is magic. I'm not sure, I'll dig further into that.  ^_^ 

I also need to see Utara and Gaihla, because their damage didn't seem strong in the game too, and they both have poison.

The poison works properly in Bandit's and Crossbowman's cases. But it appears only for 0,5 seconds and then dissapears. :wacko:

I'll run some tests and then post an update. :)

You don't understand the point of my questions! -_-

cuting damage  shinja poison blade  weeker then   piercing damage  attacks= bandit and crosbows

i think the poison is  weakens the attack but is poisoned thereby reducing life

myabe bug in this case 

for sure need tests ;)

Edited by Gregor8356

cuting damage  shinja poison blade  weeker then   piercing damage  attacks= bandit and crosbows

i think the poison is  weakens the attack but is poisoned thereby reducing life

One damage can't be stronger/weaker than another in Battle Realms, unless we talk about resistances and weaknesses. :lol:

You can't compare like that. Piercing is unique because most of the game units don't have a resistance to it. ^_^

Shinja's damage: 25 (cutting) [No poison]

Crossbowman: 8 (piercing) [No poison upgrade]

Bandit: 13 (piercing) [No poison upgrade]

UPD:

Utara's basic damage: 25 (piercing) and Gaihla's: 20 (cutting). Both of them deal as little damage as Shinja. All 3 of them have poison value on true. All 3 of them deal their 25/25/20 damage with poison value on false. :P

Although Diseased One deals 22 magical damage. And it works fine with poison value set on true. :wacko:

After this, I can only conclude that poison overrides any type of damage but magical. The question with "Poisoned Weapons" remains unanswered and the mystery- unsolved. :mellow:

I've also discovered some poison related parameters in Data_WorldVariables:

DefaultPoisonDamageTime (3) and PoisonInitialDamage (0,5)

I assume these are not related to the "Poisoned Weapons" upgrade. <_<

Poison is supposed to only reduce health overtime, nothing else. It works as it should with X-bow and Bandit, and we, most likely, have to investigate the "Poisoned Weapons" upgrade. ;)

I'll contact one of my long time buddies, a skilled BR modder, and ask him if he knows anything. My another programmer friend is working on an easier way to edit battlerealms.dat file! :lol:

ID mean by number unit like 88 is Garin hero unit

that means the only hero units numbers are  recovered in keep

rest numbers  are omitted try by your self

solutoin swap the  numbers and sounds of unit

EDITED!!!

set a hero clan realy dont make unit a hero

Ok...so my reserved_unit ID is 13, and i put him in the keep etc etc.

What you're saying is for me to change his ID from 13 to 88 (for example)?

But if i do this won't the game crash? Also...even if this works, i wont be able to use both units, right?

EDIT:

From what i understood, if i do this, i am replacing the old hero...right?

(I was trying to avoid this)

Edited by shmouver

Ok...so my reserved_unit ID is 13, and i put him in the keep etc etc.

What you're saying is for me to change his ID from 13 to 88 (for example)?

But if i do this won't the game crash? Also...even if this works, i wont be able to use both units, right?

EDIT:

From what i understood, if i do this, i am replacing the old hero...right?

(I was trying to avoid this)

right so you can use those units  which are not used in keep and swap numbers and then sounds to speak corectly

example yvanie ungodly ID 144 to 13  and 13 to  144 then put 144 in keep and swap sounds speach ewents from 144 to 13 and 13 to 144

other way I dont know wherei s swith to set realy hero unit that can recovery in keep

right so you can use those units  which are not used in keep and swap numbers and then sounds to speak corectly

example yvanie ungodly ID 144 to 13  and 13 to  144 then put 144 in keep and swap sounds speach ewents from 144 to 13 and 13 to 144

other way I dont know wherei s swith to set realy hero unit that can recovery in keep

Oh...now i get it, derp :lol:

I'm suppose to swap their ID's...i'll try this out.

PS: Perhaps as a side effect, after i swap their ID, i will be able to dock summon the Hero im replacing.

You see...after i replaced a hero, i was sad cause i didn't want to "lose" a hero. So i tried to dock summon the hero i replaced (Just like you summon Necromancer). Problem is, for some reason, this doesn't work...i cannot limit the summon to only 1 unit (i think this is maybe bc the summoned unit is a hero...not sure yet.)

EDIT: I'll test dock summoning a reserved_unit (with regular non-hero ID) and see if i can limit it to a single unit.

EDIT2: I tested with dock_summon ability with reserved_unit (copied Necro [throne] summon ability)...also didn't work. I'm not sure why it only works with Necromancer.

I tried altering the building's tech lvl, but didn't work also...maybe it's something with Necro ID? Or maybe Necro throne ID?

Problem is...if it's one of these, then it's no use for me...cause i'd end up breaking Necro :/

Edited by shmouver

Oh...now i get it, derp :lol:

I'm suppose to swap their ID's...i'll try this out.

PS: Perhaps as a side effect, after i swap their ID, i will be able to dock summon the Hero im replacing.

You see...after i replaced a hero, i was sad cause i didn't want to "lose" a hero. So i tried to dock summon the hero i replaced (Just like you summon Necromancer). Problem is, for some reason, this doesn't work...i cannot limit the summon to only 1 unit (i think this is maybe bc the summoned unit is a hero...not sure yet.)

EDIT: I'll test dock summoning a reserved_unit (with regular non-hero ID) and see if i can limit it to a single unit.

limiting to one is hard I think it is related to buttons like in your tutorial i thin the some of them should be response for recovery bar progress of upgrade and also limit to one unit dock but im not sure this need a test if you want you can check it this is only my hypothesis

EDIT:

Or you can also use ID of kenji he appear with many forms

Edited by Gregor8356

Hey guys,

Any of you have any idea how summoning the Lotus Brothers from the Crypt works???

I had to replace the Heroes in Keep to add Kenji, for example...but i didn't want to "lose" the hero i replaced.
First i thought maybe dock-summoning would work (just like summoning Necro)...but for some reason, i can't limit it to only 1.

My second idea was to try to copy the Lotus Crypt (where you summon the 3 Brothers), but i noticed that there is no direct link between them...any chance one of you guys knows how it works?

Hey,

what I know about the crypt is  that building remove all stamina from the unit  when unitis in the crypt

I think crypt button is conected with console and console limit use of stamina and to 1  but whee is this I dont know

Hey,

what I know about the crypt is  that building remove all stamina from the unit  when unitis in the crypt

I think crypt button is conected with console and console limit use of stamina and to 1  but whee is this I dont know

I didn't find anything...maybe it's "hard-coded" into the Crypt.

I had hope to be able to summon a hero from any building (Just like Keep and Crypt).

I'll try to think of a way to do this...if you guys have any suggestions, im open to them.

PS: Also, if you guys have any idea how to summon a unit only once, that would help too.

I'm trying to not "lose" the heroes i'm replacing...but i don't want to have, for example, 4 Soban's being summoned...i want just one.

suggestion  make bg to create one soban  :D

Edited by Gregor8356

Wow, i think the last time i was here is about 8 years ago. Great to see, that this modding-topic is still alive!

COOL ISN'T IT  :D

• Upvote 1

Wow, i think the last time i was here is about 8 years ago. Great to see, that this modding-topic is still alive!

Don't just say it's cool and go away... xD

suggestion  make bg to create one soban  :D

I thought about this...like a copy of Warlock Ascension...

But problem is same...if i use this, i can't limit to only 1.