marcelo_20xx

Modding Battlereams.dat

I think i will redesign the abilities...

To balance, the gas won't do dmg to friendly and i'll limit the spiders to only 1 (since you can now control them)

Yes redesign abilities I have a tip for you , you must use 4 table to make one exactly 4

Yes redesign abilities I have a tip for you , you must use 4 table to make one exactly 4

I think i am all done. :)

I'd like to thank all here that helped, and you especially Gregor...I appreciate the effort in helping.

I will now try to make it presentable:

Take some screens and making a description of the mod...when i'm finished, i think i'll post in moddb? Not sure...but i'll link the mod here that's for sure.

(When this happens) Hopefully i'll get some feed-back if it's stable (i'm scared it might crash...just like GOG Version), and for the balance...

One thing i'm suspecting...i might have made the Lotus too powerful :lol:

:DI think i am all done. :)

I'd like to thank all here that helped, and you especially Gregor...I appreciate the effort in helping.

I will now try to make it presentable:

Take some screens and making a description of the mod...when i'm finished, i think i'll post in moddb? Not sure...but i'll link the mod here that's for sure.

(When this happens) Hopefully i'll get some feed-back if it's stable (i'm scared it might crash...just like GOG Version), and for the balance...

One thing i'm suspecting...i might have made the Lotus too powerful :lol:

Ok cool thanks hehe, Lotus  was allways powerfull  :D   

Edited by Gregor8356

Ok, i think everything is set and go...so here it is:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-realms-expansion-mod

I hope you guys try it out and like it.

Also, any feedback would be very appreciated...suggestions for balance and new content.
But most importantly, please tell me if it worked or crashed :lol: 
(After GOG crash, im quite scared i uploaded a bugged mod) 

HEHE CHECK FOR SURE WHEN I FIND SOME TIME  :D

please do...GOG version didn't crash right away, it only crash after i start using the new content (like for example, after i upgrade a building and create the "new" units).

If you can, try playing with lotus and right away upgrade the peasant hut...after this try to play the match to the end using this...(in GOG version it crashed after a few minutes of using "new" stuff, not instantly)

Edited by shmouver

After test I can say Nightvol make to many hordlings

in my normal wersion i dont notice any crash ;)

After test I can say Nightvol make to many hordlings

in my normal wersion i dont notice any crash ;)

That is great to hear...took you a while though xD

I suspected it was ok, since no one complained at "moddb.com"

I got some feedback though, and one guy thought the Ninja Nighvtol BG was bad...if anyone have a good idea for his BG let me know.

(I was thinking of maybe changing the teleport to blindness BG...not sure though, doesn't feel very unique :( )

PS: Monster Nightvol BG is on purpose...i didn't put a summon limit for him.

(he is part of the "ultimate heroes", and i thought it would be awesome if he could unleash a hoard if given a long time to do so...)

That is great to hear...took you a while though xD

I suspected it was ok, since no one complained at "moddb.com"

I got some feedback though, and one guy thought the Ninja Nighvtol BG was bad...if anyone have a good idea for his BG let me know.

(I was thinking of maybe changing the teleport to blindness BG...not sure though, doesn't feel very unique :( )

PS: Monster Nightvol BG is on purpose...i didn't put a summon limit for him.

(he is part of the "ultimate heroes", and i thought it would be awesome if he could unleash a hoard if given a long time to do so...)

Also good so Ninja Nightvol is good like in scenario he disappeared so should stay teleport that's my opinion

Also good so Ninja Nightvol is good like in scenario he disappeared so should stay teleport that's my opinion

Hmm, interesting to hear...not many ppl gave feedback, so i dunno if ppl think it's a good BG or not.

I was a bit worried since it's basically the same as Koril...but honestly, i couldn't think of anything better (that made sense of course).

The next best thing for me would be a blind BG, but i didn't like it so much...

Thx for feedback :)

Hey, i have a question...

You guys know why the game crashes when i try to use the totem models? ( ModelType = {448,449,450} )

Or better yet, you guys know how i can use them without getting a crash?

I can loo for the answer if I  have time  B)

Nice...just try to switch any building ModelType to 448, 449 or 450. (Preferably test with the "upgraded" buildings, like Flesh Crucible, Forest Temple, etc)

For some reason the game crashes when i use these models :(

Hey Gregor,
Have you ever modded a model? (Texture modding)

I would like to do 2 things:

1) Make a model larger...example, make a giant wolf model (dunno if this is possible)

2) Change the model appearance:
I got a suggestion to make a spirit white werewolf, and i thought the idea was pretty awesome, but i don't know how to to it....any idea?

PS: any luck using the totem model? Personally i think it may not be possible...

Hi, I checked those setings and see ther always crash thsts maybe bc 448,449,450 are objects and only ca be placed ondeground from bg not like bulding prabably they ned special setting till now dont know which ones.

About to change a size of model I dont know .

but I think to use model of spirit wolf should be able to use , so last test ...

so its possible but from bg and model of white wolf is animated 

Edited by Gregor8356

On 12/10/2016 at 6:05 PM, Gregor8356 said:

so its possible but from bg and model of white wolf is animated 

You mean the totem? Because i still crash even when i use upgrade button...only works sometimes, not very stable sadly.

NEW QUESTION THOUGH: You know how to give an unit an aura?
I wanted to give my trained unit a cool aura (lasting the whole match ofc), but i haven't quite figured it out yet...i tried using the innate ability, but only worked with some effects, not all :(

Edited by shmouver

On 05/11/2016 at 11:17 PM, Gregor8356 said:

yes I know ,the effects are split to two groups: repeated and to  one use hm...

Do you have any ideas/suggestions? I thought maybe you've done something similar b4...

On 16.11.2016 at 0:42 AM, shmouver said:

Do you have any ideas/suggestions? I thought maybe you've done something similar b4...

and olso sme of effects are not displayed corectly Ican gve you a tip load my mod from yutube:

find kenji one with the dragon should be 220 innate number then go to that ability in ability section and search Data_Abilities.ParticleEffectAtSource should be 36 from this  innate you can test wich are one us and wich are all the time.

Ah, thanks for help...but so there is no way to repeat the one use effects? :(
I will try to find out if there is a way to repeat them (some are really cool and i liked them)

Edited by shmouver

On 22.11.2016 at 11:47 PM, shmouver said:

Ah, thanks for help...but so there is no way to repeat the one use effects? :(
I will try to find out if there is a way to repeat them (some are really cool and i liked them)

I have an idea but like always I dont know if this gonna work with Bg:

in short

make two abilities 

reapiting one to another one  and to that two give before or after innate with main function of bg this is only aspeculations and  need lots of tests if this can come to real ,

Btw I was made an clean up in my pc and find a GOG wersion of Btttle realms  strange I was almoust sure that i newer have taht wersion 

more strange is you say in the past the GOG wersion was in some thin noncompatible but what was that, if a will instal that wersion I can check that if I find som free time ...  

Edited by Gregor8356

On 22/11/2016 at 9:08 PM, Gregor8356 said:

I have an idea but like always I dont know if this gonna work with Bg:

in short

make two abilities 

reapiting one to another one  and to that two give before or after innate with main function of bg this is only aspeculations and  need lots of tests if this can come to real ,

Btw I was made an clean up in my pc and find a GOG wersion of Btttle realms  strange I was almoust sure that i newer have taht wersion 

more strange is you say in the past the GOG wersion was in some thin noncompatible but what was that, if a will instal that wersion I can check that if I find som free time ...  

Thanks, i'll try ur idea :)

And yes, my mod had problems with GOG version...never got to understanding why...

On 23.11.2016 at 0:53 AM, shmouver said:

Thanks, i'll try ur idea :)

And yes, my mod had problems with GOG version...never got to understanding why...

after play  only finde difference with library goggame.dll and try without the file  and I do not notice any difference in gameplay + i add my desktop resolution in ini file thts allrest looks fine no errors niticed