marcelo_20xx

Modding Battlereams.dat

ok i have now kenji with orb in dojo for spearman, but he costs 600 rice. can someone tell me how to find the costs of heroes and units pls?

Already said

Click Here

ok now i know how to change the costs but not how to find them for kenji etc. :/

Find by yourself, it's so easy...

If you can't find this alone, you can't mod BR.

Ok I will see what I can do, I think now it should be better if I have posted a pic, but since was easy in the end I didnt...First you must know that in buildings that normally dont support the training of units this portion of the hex code is represented in FF FF FF FF meaning that they are empty values, now if you see this in the dojo in the "relative same location" you will see that now is filled with data, then there is the clue where you need to put the data. If you have still trouble I will post a pic..Or tell me exactly which building you want to mod and I will show you an example with the exact offsets.

thx man ur great :lol: now i understand

hey people i've got a quesion!

there's this problem with the nightvol that if u just insert him into the keep and u mouse over him in game the game returns to the desktop now i've got this same problem with zymeth with orb and i believe it was with kenji with orb 2

now my question was how did u get the nightvol 2 work in the keep?

i think the nightvol works when you write him a rice- water- and yin/yangcost. because in the .dat he dont cost anything.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but where would the population limit be? I've been looking around, but can't find anything. Also, is there a way to increase/decrease the total amount of buildings (which is normally 50, I think) that you can have? Thanks in advance!

Hmmm....you`ve put me again to search in my old docs, but I found it, Ill give you the limit cap for the Dragon clan (there are individual limits for each clan so that will be your starting point) In case you are wondering where the other caps are just browse to the Data_clans segment. Back to the point the values begins in the hex address:1443c4 you will find "14 00 00 00 1E 00 00 00 28 00 00 00" feel free to change this values to your heart content.

Thank you so much, you're the best! :lol:

EDIT: Sorry for asking, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, where would the building limits be? I'd just like to know for future reference. Thanks again!

Would there be a way to get the high quality textures, like the ones in the events, onto the units in-game? I've got no idea how to do that. Would I have to change the .dat and replace something?

i think the nightvol works when you write him a rice- water- and yin/yangcost. because in the .dat he dont cost anything.

ah could be so where are the unit costs (sorry if stupid question)

EDIT: :lol::lol: srry i just saw that the cost location was in the same picture

and then another thing i used these health values from ribesg some times so i wondered if the damage type and damage values are there 2? :huh:

Would there be a way to get the high quality textures, like the ones in the events, onto the units in-game? I've got no idea how to do that. Would I have to change the .dat and replace something?

Yes totally, in a personal mod I have for testing I already do that, but you must know that is a very tedious and time comsuming (not to mention that you need to know how to handle dlls) task that I think is not worthy, you are better putting unit detail to high in the video options. And if you're for the trouble you need olly debugger and start editing the maps script files and edit manually each function in each map you want, I dont know if it works in multiplayer I only get to work in the campaigns though. Since every aspect in the game, except for some general things (thats were battlerealms.dat come handy) is single or multiplayer especific.

EDIT: There could be an easy way around that involves the H2Otool. You need to replace the low res textures with the high res ones and repack the files, dont know if you need to replace also the models as I told you I didnt messed with this too much, but you can give it a try.

ah could be so where are the unit costs (sorry if stupid question)

EDIT: srry i just saw that the cost location was in the same picture

and then another thing i used these health values from ribesg some times so i wondered if the damage type and damage values are there 2?

Speaking of the Nightvol and the mod itself like i said before in another post I come with a workaround to get rid of the two bugs, ie the nightvol is summoned once and is killed by the glass sword BG, but it has two minor (or mayor problem )a nd one is that the update would be bigger because it includes a repacked SFX file replacing sobans sounds with the nightvol and the second is that i cannot change the uva graphic of soban to the nightvol (you know the character portrait) but if youre ok with this I can upload the file for testing.

can someone help me? I want the glowing Yvaine(w/totem's power) instead of the normal one... Can anyone do it for me? please! That's the only thing I want to change...

And quesiton- will that be as much powerful as the one on the campaign? hopefully so!!!

I tried downloading the one on the first page but when I go to it, it says page cannot be displayed... T_T

to get yvaine god u have to open battle realms.dat with that hex editor somewhere else on this site and then search for "8F 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 2D" and then change the 8F value to 90 u should know that this yvaine is comlpletely invincible...

but i don't know if that's a problem to u :lol:

and marcelo if u want to know that's surely good enough for me

i tried searching that (8F 00 00 00 00 00 80 3F 2D) on the ctrl+f but it says string not found... T_T

i want her to be available on the lotus keep... help!

and marcelo if u want to know that's surely good enough for me

Glad you like it! You know that is the neat thing about modding, that you can tweak the game to your heart content, that was the purpose of this thread since the beggining. I told I will NOT release any more mods but instead giving help to people willing to know how to.

And for a little homework try messing with this address. I found this a while ago but being to busy lately I will post it so you can find more colors with this:

$2046EE to $204709 is the hex address for the team 3 color. If you cant figure out how this work I will post two new colors as and example.

As a note just dont change the first byte, is the entry for the team color.

wow thats very confusian!

eh ima wait for duke's modding manager :D coz its easier

and i wont stuff up my br!

At first it may seem so, but it is not at all...you can make any change with an hex editor (just replacing values), the only HARD PART is finding the addresses and I always provide them. I guess Duke's tool is more user-friendly but you can't edit some aspect of the game as far as I know with it. Oh and Duke if you are reading this I can give you more addresses to include in your tool, no need for credits here, such as team colors, buildings caps, units caps, buildings prerequisites and clan upgrades.

EDIT: If you are too lazy to discover new colors just fill the entire section with "00" but don't forget to leave the FIRST byte with his original value.

At first it may seem so, but it is not at all...you can make any change with an hex editor (just replacing values), the only HARD PART is finding the addresses and I always provide them. I guess Duke's tool is more user-friendly but you can't edit some aspect of the game as far as I know with it. Oh and Duke if you are reading this I can give you more addresses to include in your tool, no need for credits here, such as team colors, buildings caps, units caps, buildings prerequisites and clan upgrades.

EDIT: If you are too lazy to discover new colors just fill the entire section with "00" but don't forget to leave the FIRST byte with his original value.

thank you i want to more addresses please PM to me too :P

OMG love this thread now i can mod battle realms xD

now im searching for the address for all the building...

all i found is Dojo, Bathhouse, (serpent bathhouse), tavern,alchemist both dragon and serpent,

combat pit, quarry, vitality garden, lotus forge, training yard, aviary, wolfs den, and the keeps...

does anyone know where can i find the range unit buildings i cant seem to find it D:...

Hi, all, I have followed your great instructions and now I am able to modify the game also! I am willing to help with testing for your IBRMod Team if needed. Thanks for the link to the Hex editor. The screen shots and addresses provided also were a great help. I am planning to post a video of my work on Youtube soon. Thanks again!