marcelo_20xx

Modding Battlereams.dat

I'm working on an update for my Hero Upgrades mod, but I'm at the point where I'm running out of ability slots to use. Does anyone know if the Necromancer's immunity ability (type 84) does anything? I'd like to replace it if it isn't used.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, AtlasBwaa said:

I'm working on an update for my Hero Upgrades mod, but I'm at the point where I'm running out of ability slots to use. Does anyone know if the Necromancer's immunity ability (type 84) does anything? I'd like to replace it if it isn't used.

Yes, I was last time also on that point inmy last mod 

all used and non used by game ability shud be checked if they work without no error and listed,

i ma not 100% suer abut innate Necro but i think is ok 

Edited by Gregor8356

Posted (edited)
On 1/19/2020 at 2:51 PM, Gregor8356 said:

Yes, I was last time also on that point inmy last mod 

all used and non used by game ability shud be checked if they work without no error and listed,

i ma not 100% suer abut innate Necro but i think is ok 

Hey man, I have a necromancer summoning a shale spider but it keeps on attacking necro. I tried replacing the value of the shale spider's clan to serpent but it is still attacking me. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Newbie here

Edited by drindc24

16 hours ago, drindc24 said:

Hey man, I have a necromancer summoning a shale spider but it keeps on attacking necro. I tried replacing the value of the shale spider's clan to serpent but it is still attacking me. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Newbie here

You should use any other ID of  of you it Which is not a unit type of nature 

Simply ID SWAP With your shalespider

1 hour ago, Gregor8356 said:

Just to be clear, is that “id” the integer in the “type” column?

what i did the kinda worked is copy the attributes of a shale spider into a reserved unit. But when i try to make a group of spiders to walk, the game crashes. Any thoughts on that?

Also, how do i set cannoneer mines into a larger number? Currently i can just have 20

Also, how do i set cannoneer mines into a larger number? Currently i can just have 20

On 5/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, drindc24 said:

The Shale Spiders attack you if you set it OnAttack application of effect. Set it OnHit and they shall be on your side even without a clan set. For Cannoneer mines you can go to Data_MagicObjects and find the one that corresponds to Mine. Find the MaxPerTeam or something similar column where you will find the default number 20 which then you can change. To change the initial 3 charges you can go to Data_Abilities table and find the AbilityType for Mines (not AbilityTypeEffect) and find LimitedCharges column.

5 hours ago, Kyros said:

The Shale Spiders attack you if you set it OnAttack application of effect. Set it OnHit and they shall be on your side even without a clan set. For Cannoneer mines you can go to Data_MagicObjects and find the one that corresponds to Mine. Find the MaxPerTeam or something similar column where you will find the default number 20 which then you can change. To change the initial 3 charges you can go to Data_Abilities table and find the AbilityType for Mines (not AbilityTypeEffect) and find LimitedCharges column.

Thanks for the answer man. I do have a question regarding the shale spiders. Where do I change the OnAttack to OnHit?

2 minutes ago, drindc24 said:

Thanks for the answer man. I do have a question regarding the shale spiders. Where do I change the OnAttack to OnHit?

That was just a guess, maybe you tell us in detail how you implemented the Shale Spider summoning? Did you just replace Spirit Warrior with Shale Spider in Necromancer's Battle Gear CreateUnitType?

Just now, Kyros said:

That was just a guess, maybe you tell us in detail how you implemented the Shale Spider summoning? Did you just replace Spirit Warrior with Shale Spider in Necromancer's Battle Gear CreateUnitType?

Yes that's what I did the first time, but then when I try to control the spider the game crashes. So what I did was what gregor suggested, and i swapped the unit types of spirit warrior and shale spider, and it worked. But then when I control the spider it responds like the spirit warrior (its talking like the spirit warrior when you control it)

1 minute ago, drindc24 said:

Yes that's what I did the first time, but then when I try to control the spider the game crashes. So what I did was what gregor suggested, and i swapped the unit types of spirit warrior and shale spider, and it worked. But then when I control the spider it responds like the spirit warrior (its talking like the spirit warrior when you control it)

Just proceed with the one that's working, then go to Data_UnitSpeechFXEvents table and find the type that corresponds to Shale Spider (ZZ_UNIT_U_SHALE_SPIDER).

In the same table look for the one that corresponds to Spirit Warrior and replace the values there with Shale Spider's. But I guess Shale Spider doesn't have any Speeches in that case you would just set the values to -1.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Kyros said:

Just proceed with the one that's working, then go to Data_UnitSpeechFXEvents table and find the type that corresponds to Shale Spider (ZZ_UNIT_U_SHALE_SPIDER).

In the same table look for the one that corresponds to Spirit Warrior and replace the values there with Shale Spider's. But I guess Shale Spider doesn't have any Speeches in that case you would just set the values to -1.

Alright, I'll try it out. Thanks so much!

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone! Where do I tinker when I want to limit the max peasant generation rate to x number of huts only?

Has anyone done this before?

I found: Data_Clans.MinTimeToCreatePeasant  Data_Clans.MaxTimeToCreatePeasant

and also under Data_Buildings AI max default (This one caps the number of huts players can build?)

Thank you!

Edited by larss
clarification

4 hours ago, larss said:

Hey everyone! Where do I tinker when I want to limit the max peasant generation rate to x number of huts only?

Has anyone done this before?

I found: Data_Clans.MinTimeToCreatePeasant  Data_Clans.MaxTimeToCreatePeasant

and also under Data_Buildings AI max default (This one caps the number of huts players can build?)

Thank you!

With my limited knowledge I think it's in the exe file (out of what you can edit using the Data Editor but I could be wrong).

With AI max default no you can't limit yourself / players from creating a specific building using that column. For all I know you can only use the 'CanOnlyHaveOne' and mess around how watch tower can be unlocked by certain buildings in Data_TechTree table and UnlocksBuildingType column in Data_Buildings.

10 hours ago, Kyros said:

With my limited knowledge I think it's in the exe file (out of what you can edit using the Data Editor but I could be wrong).

With AI max default no you can't limit yourself / players from creating a specific building using that column. For all I know you can only use the 'CanOnlyHaveOne' and mess around how watch tower can be unlocked by certain buildings in Data_TechTree table and UnlocksBuildingType column in Data_Buildings.

Thank you! Appreciate the help :)

On 5/11/2020 at 10:54 AM, Kyros said:

Hey man,

So this is what I did:

I changed the MaxPerTeam to 2000 for mines, then the charges to 30 per cannoneer after going to the metal shop. All seemed well, but it stopped working at around 17 charges left, and then my raiders can't plant any caltrops as well. Is there like a limit of magic objects per team? Thanks

30 minutes ago, drindc24 said:

Hey man,

So this is what I did:

I changed the MaxPerTeam to 2000 for mines, then the charges to 30 per cannoneer after going to the metal shop. All seemed well, but it stopped working at around 17 charges left, and then my raiders can't plant any caltrops as well. Is there like a limit of magic objects per team? Thanks

You won't see any total limit of magic objects per team in the dat file, just the one that you changed which is per magic object type per team. Maybe lower the count of mines? Since having 2,000 active objects aside from the units, the buildings, the trees, and any other object in the map all at the same time would cause a memory leak so it's no surprise if the application itself have a hard coded limit in it.

Yes Good

On 5/11/2020 at 10:09 AM, Kyros said:

Yes exactly

It feels like changing the AIWarPartyMakeups and UnitToWarPartyEffectiveness doesn't change how the AI behaves in my games. Has anyone else tried experimenting with this?

1 hour ago, Kalsonic12 said:

It feels like changing the AIWarPartyMakeups and UnitToWarPartyEffectiveness doesn't change how the AI behaves in my games. Has anyone else tried experimenting with this?

I don't see any change in AI behavior by changing UnitToWarPartyEffectiveness, though I've seen a change when I experimented with the min and max party size in AIWarPartyMakeups.

Also, what's with the serial down-voting?