Moot

Just A Few Questions About The Clan

I was a little curious when I got invited to the Lotus steam group, I had never heard of the user who invited me and have had my current steam account for a minimal amount of time, but apparently while playing TF2 I caught someone's eye and was added, I thought of filing an application to join but then as I remembered I have satellite internet all of my hopes and dreams came crashing down

but beyond all that, I was wondering what the clan's overall policy on skill level is for potential members, I am terrible at most FPS games, I would consider myself a skillful player and then I go online, I have learned something from the rare occasions I can emerge blinking from my grotto and join modern gaming society

all of those hours I spend offline mean nothing, sure in a game like COD I can go online and top the board, but I hate call of duty and the pretentious pricks who play it, then I decided to get TF2 on my shiny new steam account and I was immediately shown how much I suck

I have the coordination of a cactus with the reflexes of a day old turkey sandwich, if I ever hope to join the clan, I am going to have to beef up my game, my question is how, I have sporatic and minimal access to broadband

without these services I fear I will stay in the bottom of the barrel with the kid who refuses to use anything but the default classes in every game he plays

what do I do Lotus

what do I do

I guess you could describe Lotus as a "pub" clan, in which that we do not require members to be at a specified skill level. Basically, people in the clan shouldn't be assholes and/or VAC bans or other types of bans (i.e. a trade ban).

If you enjoy playing TF2, enjoy playing on Lotus servers, want to be a part of a cool and active gaming community, then I would suggest you apply to be a part of the clan.

I am sure someone more official than me will probably stop by this thread, but I thought I would give a quick reply.

• Upvote 2

I guess you could describe Lotus as a "pub" clan, in which that we do not require members to be at a specified skill level. Basically, people in the clan shouldn't be assholes and/or VAC bans or other types of bans (i.e. a trade ban).

If you enjoy playing TF2, enjoy playing on Lotus servers, want to be a part of a cool and active gaming community, then I would suggest you apply to be a part of the clan.

I am sure someone more official than me will probably stop by this thread, but I thought I would give a quick reply.

The only issue I see with the application process is that I must log regular matches with members and I don't know if I can do that, I don't have my license yet and as such cant get to a place with an acceptable ping

The only issue I see with the application process is that I must log regular matches with members and I don't know if I can do that, I don't have my license yet and as such cant get to a place with an acceptable ping

You can try. If your application is without activity for a month, it will get closed but you can still contact a staff member to get it opened.

You can try. If your application is without activity for a month, it will get closed but you can still contact a staff member to get it opened.

assuming I fail, can I reapply?

If not I'll simply wait till I have reliable access

assuming I fail, can I reapply?

If not I'll simply wait till I have reliable access

I'm fairly certain you can. However it might be wise to wait until you have reliable access, as we hold mandatory weekly practices for everyone in the clan.

I'm fairly certain you can. However it might be wise to wait until you have reliable access, as we hold mandatory weekly practices for everyone in the clan.

well shit

gonna have to wait then, thanks for the replies, and expect to see me on the servers every once in a blue moon

• Upvote 2

The only way to fail is if you are an ass to people or have bad behavior, barring the first check on VAC bans or trade bans and the like. It's pretty chill and relaxed here.

• Upvote 1

OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO GOOD AT TF2! Look at me, I practically run this joint! (no i don't, I'm terrible at this game, please don't hurt me)

• Upvote 1

OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO GOOD AT TF2! Look at me, I practically run this joint! (no i don't, I'm terrible at this game, please don't hurt me)

and ya dernt herf ter be gud at yar grummer

and ya dernt herf ter be gud at yar grummer

taht aen't yur grummr tthaht''s' yur speeelings dumazz.

• Upvote 1

taht aen't yur grummr tthaht''s' yur speeelings dumazz.

*that isn't your grammar, that's your spelling dumbass.

tumblr_m93ldmLstd1qhja7p.jpg