Sign in to follow this  
IndominusRex

Serpent Against Wolf

*Playing against Wolf using Serpent*

Here are some tips to play against wolf in 1vs1 on Freedom Map only:

1. Always scout in the beginning

A. If you see they build a Ballistics Gruond, then ready to attack with snipers immediately. Hopefully you will win. If they build up a watch tower, then attack in the rice field.

B. If you see they build a Combat Pit,

*then you know that they will rush you immediately with Master packs, Brawlers, and wolfs. All you have to do is to build up a Travern and Alchemist hut quickly, get a watch tower with musketeer. Do your micro as good as you can. Do not forget to charge your tower. You can also let some of your peasant fight with master pack to interupt them from hitting your musketeer. (You need to do this very fast!)

~OR~

*then you know they will build a Wolf's Den to attack you with Master Pack with wolfs and ballistamans. All you have to do is to make cannoner with smoke and a watch tower. If you still have time, get mines from Metal shop and drop it arround your watch tower, incase when there are too many dogs. Do not forget to charge your watch tower. Their dogs will probably die because of mines.

C. If you see they build a Quarry or Vitality Garden, they will rush you with Druidesses and Maulers. All you have to do is to build an Alchemist hut or 2 Alchemist huts and a watch tower if you have enough rice. Again, do not forget to charge your tower, also, do not let your musketeer attacked by a Mauler.

If you and the Wolf are playing in a long game, he'll probably making a lots of Ballistamans and towers moving near to your base.

*Always put mines arround your watch tower if there are horses in your game. They might attack with lots of dogs.

To counter the massing of Ballistamans with shale and towers:

Make Necromanzer, Vetkin, Utara, Shinja, About 5 cannoners with smokes, Healers, some upgraded Raiders (To burn fast!!!), and the rest snipers.

Here are what are you going to do:

Always let Necromanzer/Vetkin stand in front of the battle with back up healers, because Necromanzer/Vetkin can tank those arrows from the ballistamans pretty good.

Line up your snipers at the back.

Do not inlude the raiders (Alchemist hut upgraded) in the battle, you only need them to burn towers.

Always summon spirit warriors with your Necromanzer, you can get Yin with it to upgrade and get herroes when the fight not started yet.

Always use Your herroes' battle gear and let them fight with the Ballistaman. Those ballistaman will be interupted by our melee attackers like, Necromanzer, Vetkin, Shinja, Utara, Spirit Warriors and Zombies.

Utara are good because she can stun enemy, this prevent the ballistaman hitting your sniper.

Use Smokes! This will less their defence and blind, so they can't attack you. Do not forget to not abuse, because the wolf might complaining about the smokes.

Healer your Zombie! ~OR~ use your Razor Fans of your healer to heal all of your unit automatically...

While doing these things above, do not forget to use your raider to burn their watch tower.

*If they build 4 watch towers in front of your base and there is a way to go to their base, do your best to run all of your units to their rice and HAVE A NICE BATTLE! You will probably win because their are no towers at all, and they will get confused because we're in their base. ~OR~ When they are shock about what're you doing and don't know what to do, all they do is to go to your base and might die, because you have mines and towers right?

Letting Necromanzer stand in front to defend your units, because ballistmans will probably hit your necromanzer, but don't worry, your Necromanzer don't hurt so much against piercing damage.

If you guys don't attack yet... Always attack your spirit warriors, this helps you obtain yin

MY ADVISE TO YOU IS: BE SMART!

~Please feel free to comment and suggest me to edit this~

Edited by BenEducationNotice

You right its not easy... Upgraded (range first , building dam then) can destroy towers if fan geishas heal them but they cannt kill ballistas even if they havent armor. For towers you can use raiders with upgraded range(damage) using on them dark pact (+ heal) if opponent havent water nearby.Armored ballistas... The way is mug their armor and atack with musketeeres (blastshot musketeers) and spirits of necro for blocking. Use also few canons for smoke and if u have classical combination shinja (for decrease damage)+ utara (for stanning)+ vetkin (yes ballistas slow , but more better if they very slow).

Just avoid the towers O_O

5495[/snapback]

If we do this, we can't never ever win... ^_^

Avoid towers? You are kidding. The LOS is enough to let your opponent know if you are there or not. Then they can easily set up their defenses.

I just edit this thread, please read!

Edited by BenEducationNotice

Guest Aramid

Hey, I believe that the only units in serpent that have perfect piercing are Necromancer and Vetkin. Vetkin can do little damage to enemies receiving greater damage against fire and Blunt. Necromancer had 1 weakness, fire. The rest of the units are prone to a lot of damage in piercing and the biggest threat are ballistamans on watchtowers, grayback receiving very little damage of all attacks except magic and explosives and gaihla that can group heal and speed rice growth.

Utara can die easily with 5 strokes of grayback's pick axe and 4 shots of ballistamans upgraded on watchtowers without healers on horses. She is the 2nd most powerful unit in the clan. Summon Taro with her and activate their battlegears. Taro's bg can greatly decrease units armor against Magic and Utara's song of sorrow is magic that when activated damages greatly nearby enemies. If the 2 bg had been activated most wolf's units will die automatically or some will have half life. Remember watch the stamina of those heroes.

Rush tactics is great with the use of musketeers and some fan geishas a serpent player can defeat wolf enemy. It depends to the oponent.

That's all folks...

Be sure to include spirit warriors with taro and utara, those spirit warriors also do some nice magic damage.

if u know they will rush with wolf quickly get raiders and burn asap..

u burning them with keep them from doinf what there doing and when u run back to base they would have alrdy lost some time instead of gathering resources or building...

be smart hehe ben...:P owww and good tipz very good..

Guest Aramid

Today I am actively using wolf rather than serpent, lotus or dragon. I found the wolf to be the underdog clan in Battle Realms and I am finding ways to beat those clans using my wolf in just 10-20 minutes. You may react that I maybe ambitious in my mission but thre maybe instances that I can achieve it....

Wolf units are powerful with or without bg....

some clans rely on Battle gears and 3rd tier units alone

Mass Ballistamans.....good idea,but you miss the thing.....what about the melee?A good wolf player would probably entlange your heroes and put the Shale Lord and Grayback to guard those missiles,while the melee units(mostly Berserkers)will chop down your army........3-4 Sledgers with Stun Slam.......and some Pitch Slingers for your towers.......thats a strategy not made for freedom,but i presume it will work.....

serpent are a strong clan lol they can beat every clan but have a little difficulties with dragon merely because their rush units are abit weaker than dragons...

hmmm i guess ur right...

most playaz using wolf make berserks anyway but some people dont know about there BG'z and dont use WB as well that is very strong...

and very fun to use....:P

Very hard play againist good wolf , Ben riders bad because balismans quickly kill raiders , and werewolf kill fun gaishas but vetkin can to take away force and mug

but wolf can quickly kill heroes and nekro battle gear brawlers

and Longtooth good kill your musketters

i can see that Nekro has good knowledge about br strenths and weakness. Glad to see another player like you that reminds me of myself when i started to get to know br well.