cptheslayer

Who Says Dragon Is Weak?

Dragon Clan

The Dragon Clan is viewed to be weak by most BR players due to their requirement of managing their BG’s. Most units in the Dragon Clan are seen to be feeble. The units are mostly weaker than the other clans’ units physically without the BG’s and upgrades. But once the upgrades and BG’s are put into use, a skillful Dragon player can slay anything in his or her path to victory.

I read the BR forums and only found one solely support of the Dragon Clan from Wolfbite. I can see that he had great knowledge about the game(about all four clans). He knows the secrete power of the Dragon Clan which is to be discovered and managed by those that choose to be Dragon. I understand the reasons why many players like the Dragon Clan, but do not play it by excusing themselves that Dragon is weak. Some even continue to say that Dragon Spirit is just a pain of scratch from firecrackers. For this unthought and unlearned excuses, I can conclude that these players do not know much about weaknesses, strengths, and resistence. Dragon Spirit does explosive damage. Thus, it deals little damage to those have high resistence to explosive. However it will kill and/or weaken those that are made to be weak against such type of damage(especially healers. I once played 2v2, my teammate and I were dragon and we each had 2 spirits. Even the most resistant units could not stand 3 spirits. Bring your dc and perhaps you can survive longer. But once my teammate disable all dc’s, guess what happened? 4 spirits called the God of Zymeth who can make fire rain to punish the misuse of dc’s.) This will give Dragon an enormous advantage to win any battle; the dragon still has healers while its weakened opponent does not. While Wolfbite is chosen to show the BR world that the Dragon is not weak by their appearances, I am on my way to prove that these players are wrong and need to learn to respect the true power of the most powerful force in BR: the Dragon.

Most games I have played are rushing games because most players are in haste to return home in order to serve their natural purpose of life: reproducing and nourishing. Most of the Dragon units have innate abilities to be patient and focused in war because their purpose is to defend and to retaliate when invaded or declared as enemy. I heard that Dragon is weak against rushing games. This is just a myth or are experiences of those that are rejected by the power of the Dragon. Go ask Wolfbite if this is true. To defend against a rush depends upon which clan of the four the dragon is fighting against.

Note: I do not know exact time and resources required to operate this because I don’t have time to time and do calculation.

Dragon vs Serpent: Most rushing games are swordsmen and musketeers(if Dragon holds long enough, the Serpent will make cannoneers). Select both peasants and order them to build a hut(rice or water) which is closest to the peasants. While building the hut, shift+alt and build a training building(Dojo first because spearmen can withstand swordsmen while advancing with better units to stop swordsmen). Then select the unfinished hut and set it to get rice or water. Once the third peasant generated, order it to build the second hut(water hut if the first hut is rice). Then shift+alt and order it to gather water. By this time(hopefully) there should be at least one peasant harvesting rice and the Dojo is complete. Order the 2 peasants to build the Chemist and select the first hut and set it to the Dojo. By this time the Serpent should be closing in on the Dragon. Build a tower near to the rice field as fast as it can be done to stop the rush if the dragon is outnumbered. But this is hardly possible because the peasant generation time is the same(not sure or slightly different) for all clans. Now if the rush is swordsmen, then the spearmen should be able to withstand and eradicate those mindless too-brave heroes. If the rush is musketeers, train lots of chemists first then train kabuki. Kabuki will be chase both swordsmen and musketeers back to report the rushing failure to their peasants in order to inspire them to work harder in gathering resources for training cannoneers with smoke or snipers. So after defeating the rush, if the Dragon still has a large number of units compared to the Serpent, send those units into the Serpent’s base while building shrines for BG’s. Try to control the Serpent’s rice field and water. ( I like to defeat my opponent by limiting their resources. Once they have no resources, they send their huge number of peasants to get resources or to attack and die. Oh and burning their building one by one. Don’t haste. If you haste and run into attack those buildings, the Serpent will have a chance in killing your units and recover. Most of the time, if Dragon dies, the Serpent took a long time to win). (You can go scout if you want. But normally I don’t scout early in the game; I just wait for them to come. If they scout, then I should scout too). (Please help me correct this strat).

Dragon isn't weak. It's all part of the balance. Lotus has strongest power in their 3rd tier units, but they are weak at the beginning. Wolfs prove to be the toughest at the beginning for rushing because of their brute force and more healths compared to other clans. Serpent relied on their ultimate defensive with Caltrops, Mines, Snipes for max base protections at the beginning and the Necromancers for late games. Finally, Dragon has the most powerful and annoying BG's, One-hit die Dragon Spirit, best buildings destroyer, 6 Zen masters(other clans only have 5), most versatile innate abilities.

Example: Dragon geishas while idling, moving and fighting will regain stamina, which was not include in the innates, but it's there. :blink:

I wouldn't say Dragon is weak. :lol:

i say dragon clan is the best. Any clan that opposes it will have to train most units that have high explosive resistence or the dragon spire will take their soul. So when playing dragon, you know what type of units ur opponents have. And you can counter them by taking advantages over their weaknesses. Oh dragon spire deos not do one-hit kill. It might kill those that are weak against explosive. I Know for sure i can beat lotus with dc and their warlocks in range attack. But i need to practise my strat so that i get uesd to it first. I did it once and i won. Lotus just stood there and shoot at my archers in range mode but my geisher just healed them. and i also send a dragon warrior with chi and kabuki in front of my archers to block the missiles. Chi is great and kabuki's great resistence against explosive is better. i gave stardust to kabuki and used it. guess what? thoes warlocks passed through dc and closed in to melee attack. and i slaughtered them with my dragon warriors and flashpowder. then kill the stupid staff later. The thing is if lotus has sc, then u must activate flashpowder b4 sc is activated. if not, heheh u must retreat or just lost. and ds is annoying too, but won't do much to dragon warriors, just keep a watch on archers and kabuki and have a unit to destroy ds as soon as it is dropped. sometime u cant target the ds, so i guess u must retreat or struggle with pain to win the battle. i like to use 2 spearmen/stun to stop dc sometimes. but they die and lotus don't just have 2 or3 dc. they have more than dragon can stop it. so just use stardust to lure lotus into melee attack. And don forget about dragon spire.

Okay, Dragon clan is not the greatest. Only when played by a good player, Dragon may win. Don't talk about explosive resistances here because you can not certainly create Dragon SpiRIT that early in the game.

• Upvote 1

I would simply answer to the question of your thread...

THE LOTUS DO!!! AHEHEHE.. Correct me if I am wrong..

Anyway, dragon isn't weak.. But it weakness is against the lotus that has crypt of brothers.

the topic of this forum is not about rush. so dragon spire is perfectly legit to include as a force and strength of Dragon. Ben, you are just like the others who see dragon as weak against lotus because most of u can't micro Dragon. Now i lose to Lotus when i play dragon but im getting better each game and i will win when i get more exp on my micro.

Guest [LOT]Phate

i dont think dragon is weak but i think lotus is the only thing that makes up for their weaknesses are their battle gears

the topic of this forum is not about rush. so dragon spire is perfectly legit to include as a force and strength of Dragon. Ben, you are just like the others who see dragon as weak against lotus because most of u can't micro Dragon. Now i lose to Lotus when i play dragon but im getting better each game and i will win when i get more exp on my micro.

5868[/snapback]

Hehe.. I never play lotus or dragon online before and also now.. Hehehe... Many people says that dragon is hard against lotus and that's the reason I post the topic about dragon vs lotus here.. Anyway... It's really hard.. I know darky is really good in dragon and but he lost to lotus in 15 mins game.

as i have said I could beat lotus with dragon. And i have won a few games gainst good players, not experts. And i will try to play experts to test my strat and then i will know for sure that I can beat lotus easily. Notice, i have not proved that I can beat lotus, but i am very close to succeed it.

I almost always use Dragon in games, as it is my favourite clan, and i definetly do not see it as weak!

dragon is weak, units are too basic, good player makes dragon good, and yea every clan can beat dragon, theory is proven anytime, but it is a bad ass in 2v2, but like i say i wont lose to dragon. but i rarely lost with dragon so i guess it is good, but dragon can bow to the lotus because there is no way to stop dc with 1 sc+1 ds and few healer, NOTHING, maybe in WOTW only

I can take down a lotus player with archears, few cannons with id, dragon spirit, 6 samurais with dragon skin, kabukis, a few spearman with stun... Dragon is a powerful clan.... REMEMBER THE SERPENT CLAN was born from the dragon clan....

I am dragon..

I can beat lotus player with DC, but not soulchill... I did this to CobraKhan and to my brother... He has a lot of DC and Death Sentry, also with some warlock.. I can still won.. But I lost when he have about 2 DC.

Edited by BenEducationNotice

I know why it's easier to beat lotus in WOTW, it's because you can use guardians, blunt attacking units which have a stun move, that comes from the fireworks factory, that can stun dc long enough for a spirit to be put down on the lotus opponent, it works very well considering I have seen it used on someone before, back when my WOTW worked.

NOw try something new and risky. Train dragonwarriors with chi. then fight warlocks with sc. Activate chi just before sc. then inactivat chi and fight. This will teach Lotus to be wiser of when to use sc. But what is the probability that you can do this right? However, it is always nice and fascinatiing to see something new.

Yes, something new is always nice to see, sometimes it doesn't work but sometimes it does work. That's what's so good about BR, there's so many ways to do things and there is so many strategies, the possibilities are endless. Just another reason of why BR is so great.

Well we need to make more WotW game, they are great moe balance and less bug ill say, and theres couter for tower

Guest Aramid

The Dragon is strengtened in WOTW... their attack power is increased as well as health. The clan had an increased weakness in magic..... like Otomo in BR he has an excellent resistance in magic but now weak in WOTW. Teppo who is good at explosives but weak in magic. kabuki warriors using magic still weak in magic. I guess lotus and Dragon tied.....

i dont give a shit about what ppl think man... dragon clan rocks, well if ppl say that they hate it cause they cnt kill the other kind of clans.. well that duznt meant that the dragon sucks, it means that the suck... dude with the dragon clan i defeated 4 lotus and 1 wolf group in less then 25minutes.... i just built full samurais and den killed... done.... B)

omg , I must say you have a good micro loool

just samurai!

just samuuuurai!!!!

hahahahahahahahaha XD

(I don't laugh about you , just with you)