fever

Stupid <grumble> signature <grumble>

Can someone explain to me how to put the GameMe logo/link to my stats page in my signature.  I have tried everything, every option, even copying Cactus's generated markup into my own signature...nothing works, I just get an error saying something about the image size is too large or cannot be determined.  I know that is bollocks as it has worked in the past (but I decided to edit the sig and now nothing works, even what previously did).

Before you go for the obvious response I should point out I'm a web developer so I have tried the obvious stuff...I just wondered if there was a hack I could use.  I notice Cactus's signature looks fine smile.png

Edited by Fever

Dammit...that (above) is my current signature but I cannot change it or edit it without it throwing an error...my bad, I want to edit the sig, but it won't let me...if I change the type of GameMe link or edit the sig it just complains it cannot save it.

Sorry, a bit more info! :)

It's been so long since I turned off signatures I didn't even remember they existed.

Dammit...that (above) is my current signature but I cannot change it or edit it without it throwing an error...my bad, I want to edit the sig, but it won't let me...if I change the type of GameMe link or edit the sig it just complains it cannot save it.

Sorry, a bit more info! smile.png

I changed your signature to your current gameme profile. Don't know why you can't do it.

There are for some reason restrictions on everyone but staff's signatures. I was also given "too large" for a not very large signature, yet a staff member had one 5 pixels higher than mine. 

This is what happens when I adjust my signature using the BB code supplied by GameMe and turning on 'BBCode Mode' in the forum, with no other editing.  I think only Staff might be able to do as Kerb said.  I have tried pasting the BB code from GameMe into a Special BBCode option.  No combination seems to work.  It's no biggy, I just thought someone other than staff might be able to help.  Clearly something is broken or I don't have the correct privileges as a member.

BmiJPth.jpg

Edited by Fever

Try without the URL.

And no, this has nothing to do with forum permissions. Other members have URL/Image sigs just fine.

• Upvote 1

Try without the URL.

And no, this has nothing to do with forum permissions. Other members have URL/Image sigs just fine.

Smaller images yes, but some have the exact same thing like Gameme (cactus) that I once tried to put on mine with the same size (it was a bit smaller) and I was refused due to lack of permissions. So I'd say it is a permission issue. 

• Upvote 2

Smaller images yes, but some have the exact same thing like Gameme (cactus) that I once tried to put on mine with the same size (it was a bit smaller) and I was refused due to lack of permissions. So I'd say it is a permission issue. 

No. Everyone has the same permissions on signatures. They are hosted off-site, so the size doesn't mean shit.

Check out the size of Obvious' signature and then continue believing into Pocketism whatever you want.

I'm talking size as in height and width, not size in bytes. Regardless, I am only expressing what I witnessed when trying to use the same gameme signature a staff member had and refused, as another member here had. 

But as Fever said, not to worry. 

Exactly this...I tried all sorts of the Special BBCode options...in case one magically worked because the sig is buggy.  Oh well.

No. Everyone has the same permissions on signatures. They are hosted off-site, so the size doesn't mean shit.

Check out the size of Obvious' signature and then continue believing into Pocketism whatever you want.

Alright, then lets ask Obvious to come here and explain step by step how to put signature bigger than one pixel.

• Upvote 1

Gotcha fixed it for me thanks, I just need one of Kerb's kidneys now

@Gotcha

Jl.jpg

Fever... just out of curiosity... but... where is the

[/img]

tag in your url?

I use Firefox...not sure what you mean, the markup and sig look fine now....you looking at a cached version of my sig somehow?  Earlier it looks messed up as it wasn't being rendered correctly as the forum didn't save the initial

Edited by Fever

So if I want to change pic in signature, I have to bug Gotcha?

Wanted to edit my sig so many times, but I can´t because of that error. So can I haz some instruction for dummies how to do it without asking anyone to do it for me?

Edited by LjubicaZubica

I could remove the stats thing easily.  It was adding a different one that I couldn't do.  To remove it I just deleted the image/link.

Edited by Fever

It won´t let me save changes. If I wanna remove spoiler, I can´t save. If I wanna remove stats, I can´t save...................................................................................

So if we all can change and put bigger pics than one pixel , I wanna know how :P

On what Fever was saying, it doesn't allow certain people (most, I think) to post pics over 400,200. I know this is different for others as my current sig pic (the sniper quote one) is essentially the max it could be without grabbing errors. But people like Sexy King have pictures easily 4x that size in their sig.

Oh yeah, and same problem as Fever. I get the can't receive dimensions error.

I reckon it is related to the amount of storage space you have on your account.  I seem to remember before I started linking to images on imgur that you only have about 400k of storage space you can use and once you have uploaded images over that amount, you can't upload any more.  Maybe it is related to that. 

Members should have permissions to have any size of anything in their signature, dunno why that is broken. Anyway we'll be upgrading our forums soon (in the next month or so, as soon as the big update is released), so it'll have to wait until then. The forums should be overall faster and more reliable then too.

If you want your signature changed in the meantime, just hit me up and I'll do it for you.

• Upvote 3

There are for some reason restrictions on everyone but staff's signatures. I was also given "too large" for a not very large signature, yet a staff member had one 5 pixels higher than mine. 

It does it to me too.

I just took a screenshot and put it on imgur, then linked my stats page.  My rank doesn't change much anyway.

The forums will be upgraded anyway, so I have reason to believe that might solve the issue for everyone, so I'm not too worried about it.

• Upvote 2