Sign in to follow this  
.:vVv:.Darkwolf

Jersey Hightower server question

Hello Lotus Clan.

I am a bit perplexed about something and I am hoping that someone can help to clarify things for me.

Is it normal for the players on your New Jersey Hightower server to be told not to cap the map by other players and to be shouted down when they attempt to do so?

This seems to go against the team purpose of the game and the objective of this particular map.

I am assuming that these humans are just your normal run of the mill a** hats trying to control the game as they see fit.

These types of folks tend to run rampant these days in online gaming.

Otherwise, if this is the type of game play that you prefer on this map, please let me know.

Best Regards.

• Upvote 2

Is it normal for the players on your New Jersey Hightower server to be told not to cap the map by other players and to be shouted down when they attempt to do so?

I can only respond to that by saying "That is cabbage".

Pushing the cart is definitely what you are supposed to do.

• Upvote 4

Hello Lotus Clan.

I am a bit perplexed about something and I am hoping that someone can help to clarify things for me.

This seems to go against the team purpose of the game and the objective of this particular map.

I am assuming that these humans are just your normal run of the mill a** hats trying to control the game as they see fit.

These types of folks tend to run rampant these days in online gaming.

Otherwise, if this is the type of game play that you prefer on this map, please let me know.

Best Regards.

Tune them out, if they don't like it, tough. They can set up their own server.

If you have problems with them trying to remove you or others for playing the game, as it was meant to be, feel free to call an admin. Agreed on the rampant, just don't let them get to you.

• Upvote 2

This is occasionally seen on UK Hightower x33. Some people just use Hightower as a team death match type of game and want to completely ignore the objective. Ignore them and go for the objective is what I say. When the game ends the next one starts in around 25 seconds anyway so you'll all be up and fragging again in no time.

If course if they're being unnecessarily abusive, start really disrupting the game or try to vote kick you use the !calladmin feature and an admin will be with you shortly.

When I am faced with this I respond thusly, "Good Sirs and Madams, prepare for a pride-obliterating bitch slap. I will play for the objective and I will happily dominate your sorry asses in the interim."

• Upvote 3

When I am faced with this I respond thusly, "Good Sirs and Madams, prepare for a pride-obliterating bitch slap. I will play for the objective and I will happily dominate your sorry asses in the interim."

These kids today just don't know how to dominate...

• Upvote 2

You can PM me on Steam and I'll happily come over and kick their asses with you. I can't imagine any Lotus member or recruit passing up an opportunity to "represent" on our servers. 

• Upvote 2

You can PM me on Steam and I'll happily come over and kick their asses with you. I can't imagine any Lotus member or recruit passing up an opportunity to "represent" on our servers. 

• Upvote 1

By "represent" I meant dominate, but yeah, there will be that special brand of freaky anytime Lotus peeps get involved.

Give me a nod...I like some Hightower pan action

By "represent" I meant dominate, but yeah, there will be that special brand of freaky anytime Lotus peeps get involved.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=178147200

I'm just being a goof. I've been witness to freaky time. Too freaky for my tastes.

...and the critz, oh man the Rocket Crits. @.@

• Upvote 1

Now THAT is what I like to hear. Thanks for the replies and the support everyone. It is good to know that there are still some like-minded players around.

Edited by .:vVv:.Darkwolf
  • Upvote 4

Believe me, I seriously hate when this happens. Last thing I'd want to see is people thinking they run the damn server, like in Turbine when heavies were playing "peacefully" and not doing so much as fighting, because of their little "hoovies" crap.

• Upvote 2

Believe me, I seriously hate when this happens. Last thing I'd want to see is people thinking they run the damn server, like in Turbine when heavies were playing "peacefully" and not doing so much as fighting, because of their little "hoovies" crap.

When I meet a group of heavies / friendlys, the first thing I do is pretend to join them (spycrab over to them) and than from there just use the Ambassy to farm some headshots. Easy way to get points on the strange part :P

• Upvote 2

There needs to be like a melee that one-hit kills Heavies who also have Melee active. Like the Half-Zatoichi...but for retards.

There needs to be like a melee that one-hit kills Heavies who also have Melee active. Like the Half-Zatoichi...but for retards.

It's called the Spy's knife.

• Upvote 4

When I meet a group of heavies / friendlys, the first thing I do is pretend to join them (spycrab over to them) and than from there just use the Ambassy to farm some headshots. Easy way to get points on the strange part tongue.png

Also how I got the "Man from P.U.N.C.T.U.R.E" achievement.

• Upvote 1

It's called the Spy's knife.

For ALL classes, except Spy. Spies! BLOODY USELESS.

For ALL classes, except Spy. Spies! BLOODY USELESS.

If the heavy is going fists of steel, essentially all melee's but the scouts will do a 2 hit kill. (If mini/full crit)

If the heavy is going fists of steel, essentially all melee's but the scouts will do a 2 hit kill. (If mini/full crit)

But these Heavies I see being useless usually are wearing the Mittens...

@OP: Yes, it's common.  No, they are not right.  If they attempt to votekick you for capping, using gunslinger, killing "friendly heavies," or any other such nonsense, feel free to use the !calladmin feature (type status in the console and take a screenshot in case you do get kicked).  If no admin responds, post your details on our ban request forum.  They don't get to police servers that don't belong to them and that they don't contribute to.

• Upvote 4