Nano

Anyone play D&D?

Haven't played in forever but always really liked it.  I don't have enough people around anymore to play.  Then I realized that with Google Hangouts and such perhaps if a group of individuals I regularly associated with *cough cough* had a few other people who also liked to play...

Anyway, every played?  Like to play?  Would you have any interest if a group of people got together virtually to play? 

Whatever your D&D thoughts share away!

• Upvote 4

I've played a ton.  Not as much as I would like in recent years, but I'm interested for sure.

My only request is that we would use 3 or 3.5.   tongue.png

• Upvote 2

I never got around to playing D & D, but played other roleplaying games and was DM for them.  I'd be interested, but I'd be completely noob.  I could probably play for a few hours once a week, depending what level you'd be playing at...I'm a quick learner though ph34r.png

• Upvote 1

*raises hand* Totally would, but no groups around here to do so, or interest. I'm willing to join, but I'm a total noob >>

• Upvote 1

My bf plays Warhammer 40k and Warmachine, and I'm itching to join in, but I'm too shy =S

Oooohhh, people are interested!

Tentatively: 3.5 rulebook, once ever week or two for a few hours, DM needed.  Would be entirely noob group (although if someone who has experience wants to assist...)

If we get a few more ppl this might be something smile.png

EDIT: Found this: http://minus.com/mdnd35

Player handbook and character sheets are the only musts I think...

Edited by Nano
  • Upvote 4

That's so not the type of role play I'm into. wink.png

xEvlrr0.gif

• Upvote 7

That's so not the type of role play I'm into. wink.png

We know.
  • Upvote 3

D&D...?

(sorry)

Dungeons & Dragons

• Upvote 1

Dungeons & Dragons

But... but... now I sound like a basement dwelling neck beard (sorry obvious) nerd.

I'm clearly a geek and wouldn't want to be associated with such a group.

(Except when I play MTG) ph34r.png

• Upvote 1

Silence you blasphemy Nano, lest I strike thee down with mine wrath unholy!

There's no shame in being a geek - I'm one and I'm proud of it =]

And D&D is awesome. 'Nuff said.

• Upvote 4

Always liked the sound of D&D but we were hooked on this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Warriors

It was awesome but no doubt a little lightweight compare with D&D as it was just 6 paperbacks. Easy and cheap to get into though and as with all that sort of stuff, with a decent DM, even the simplest system can work really well and provide weeks of lols per campaign. Good times.

I'm a bit out of touch with this stuff though Nano, any idea whatsite they use for dice rolling? I imagine it's one which allows viewers to see rolls and anyone can roll as and when needed with maybe the DM having the option to hide rolls if he's working out chances of engagement etc.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea but I'm open to a different table RPG if that is the preference

But... but... now I sound like a basement dwelling neck beard (sorry obvious) nerd.

I'm clearly a geek and wouldn't want to be associated with such a group.

(Except when I play MTG) ph34r.png

Silence you blasphemy Nano, lest I strike thee down with mine wrath unholy!

There's no shame in being a geek - I'm one and I'm proud of it =]

And D&D is awesome. 'Nuff said.

Also on topic: werewolves? xD

• Upvote 2

I have years of experience with a variety of role-playing games (even the ones Domino likes) and it's been my experience that for beginning players D&D is the best. It has the best and most complete source material, easy to follow rules system, and the fantasy medieval setting is easy to understand and imagine in the minds eye.

Count me in. I would prefer not to DM/GM because I've done it so many times, but I could (and probably will) write a guide full of helpful things that will make it an easier job for someone willing to create a story for us. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it would be awesome to play D&D finally...I only added the stuff about DW in case anyone else played it out of interest. Again, I'm a D&D noob so wouldn't be interested in being a DM...Once I Learn the system though I'd be well up for helping create some campaigns.

• Upvote 1

I'd be so in, i'd go through, hit the wall behind, and bounce off.

Been playing D&D, AD&D, DSA, Mage, Vampire, Werewolf, Rulemaster, Hurtmaster (never again!!!!111one), and more stuff.

<.<

Don't have the rulebooks anymore, though...

If you want to play as tabletop online, it is possible via mumble/teamspeak/hangout and one of these websites where you can draw pictures with friends (OMGPOP for example). You're going to need it. I did it before, and we started without... was a hassle to explain situations to others.

Also, Nano. Thou shall burn.

• Upvote 3

I've played a ton.  Not as much as I would like in recent years, but I'm interested for sure.

My only request is that we would use 3 or 3.5.   tongue.png

I vote Dracco for DM.

• Upvote 1

Yeah gets my vote...or Nano...not sure if mini Nano would permit the time DM might require but yeah either of these two would be great :)

Oooohhh, people are interested!

Tentatively: 3.5 rulebook, once ever week or two for a few hours, DM needed.  Would be entirely noob group (although if someone who has experience wants to assist...)

If we get a few more ppl this might be something smile.png

EDIT: Found this: http://minus.com/mdnd35

Player handbook and character sheets are the only musts I think...

Dat link XD You are a pirate! 3 and 3.5 both fall under Forgotten Realms I think, which is definitely my favorite D&D.

No matter who Dm's, I highly recommend taking your time making your character. Create a back story or history for them (doesn't need to be incredibly detailed as the DM can fill in specifics) and think long and hard about what motivates them as a person.

I want to play a rogue.

• Upvote 1

I vote Dracco for DM.

Actually, I have never been a DM before, so I'm not sure that's a good idea.  wink.png

Thank you for your vote of confidence though.

I want to play a rogue.

I usually play a cleric or wizard.  I like killing people from a distance.  cool.png

And, you know, doing things like this:

h50D302B9.jpg