Minia

Lotus Minecraft Server?

Lotus MC Server  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe a mc server would benefit lotus?

2. 2. Would you spend time on and enjoy a private minecraft server for lotus?

3. 3. If you are a lotus admin, would you consider being a minecraft admin too?

Hello,

It has been mentioned here and then in the past about lotus potentially having a minecraft server, I'm curious to see if there is any interest in this at the moment for any mc players in lotus who wish to have a secure server in which they are able to build creatively with heavy duty plugins such as WorldEdit or who wish to play survival without there being a threat of any griefing or theft.

Note Question 3 is ONLY for global admins. Tick the 3rd option if you aren't.

I wish to know what you would think about this?

If you would spend time on and enjoy a server of this sort?

If you have any offers or suggestions about this?

Thanks for reading :D

• Upvote 1

I'm not allowed to poll without answering the 3rd question, but I think it'd be cool.

Sorted out.

I'm happy to host if needed, I have a server computer up 24/7 on pretty good hardware. 

I'm happy to host if needed, I have a server computer up 24/7 on pretty good hardware. 

I've got a dedicated server in the EU. You're in the US right? This may be useful :)

Yup, US East. Perhaps an EU and US thing? 

Might be an idea if this thing works. Although we would have to bow to the almighty Mana :P

d8c6c13123.png

Edited by Stocking
  • Upvote 1

Might be an idea if this thing works. Although we would have to bow to the almighty Mana :P

If it's something that the people want then I'm for it.

The supreme Nazi overlord (as described by a random troll) benevolent dictator is happy when the players are happy. The more games we expand into the better.

• Upvote 6

Voted yes for all. I haven't played for quite some time, mostly because the server I used to play on dying out.

I don't remember how to setup servers and install plugins, but if this happens I'd be happy to help out with planning etc.

• Upvote 1

The supreme Nazi overlord 

I would LOL if you had that as a title on the forums for a day or something 

Edited by Se7en
  • Upvote 1

The supreme Nazi overlord

10/10 can confirm the call out...that was a damn funny practice

I voted no to playing on it as I played it and was a little underwhelmed to say the least. As I don't understand what is acceptable in the game I voted not to admin on a MC server, although I'd be happy to learn or work from some basic etiquette guidelines/rules/whatever. I wasn't sure on question 1 as i don't know how popular it still is, how many people would use it within our current community and how many empty servers there are out there so was going to abstain but it insisted I vote on all so I couldn't vote at all.

I'm all for it though if people think it would be used. I take it its still insanely popular...I'm so old and out of touch <sigh> xD

What time is my bath? I want to watch my TV programmes. Wheres my dinner etc.

I voted yes to all the lotus minecraft polls we've had. 

I've had experience in administrating minecraft servers and setting them up with plugins. So I'd be happy in helping admin it, and in setting it up if need be. 

Like JB, the server I used to frequently play on became very pay to win and died out slightly, so I quit and haven't played since. I'd love to play with lotusfolk though :)

Me and my kids canabalize minecraft. Would be very interested.

I have not played Minecraft in the last year or so lol :P

But i do own it and i could be fun :)

(Btw i'm way more into building than surviving xD)

if you made it possible for cracked clients to play on the server then i'd be on that shit. No way am i paying £18 for it though :(

I must have misread at some point due to Mana's response. 

A few years ago Afronanny hosted a minecraft server. While it was fun and some lotus people did play, it wasn't "official" and the abuse was heavy in it (world-edited in content and whatnot). I would hope the official server, which I would only support if hosted by Mana, would be just as serious as the TF2 servers; the server should be survival with little use of "mod powers" unless answering help-calls for griefing. 

My 2-cents. 

Just want to point out that the amount of resources the minecraft server requires is pretty considerable. It works best hosted on a ramdisk (because of stupid amounts of IO) with at least 2GB of allocated ram for the java process itself, and the world files can get pretty large pretty quickly.

I'd suggest a mix of plugins; one being world-border. World-border would force some form of closeness with everyone and prevent the map files getting too much. 

It really works well :) 

I like few plugins. bukkit if it still exists, portals are pretty cool (you know.. nether portals betwen some important places to be a bit faster, warps and home for donor for example.

Just read on the forum of the server I used to play on that there's an alternative called sponge in development. Could take a bit to complete though.