Sign in to follow this  
IndominusRex

Serpent Against Lotus

I AM DONE FOR MY GUIDE! JUST ASK QUESTION!

I should start another guide for average player and new player... Since I play serpent for 5 years and I just starting playing lotus, wolf, and dragon this year...

Many people think it's hard to play against lotus clan using serpent when they have Dark Canopy or Death Sentry... Actually, Serpent is the best clan to play against the lotus clan... Also, many people are wondering how a Serpent can win a lotus with mas soulchill... Here are some guide.. Hope it helps..

THIS GUIDE IS FOR 1 vs 1 on FREEDOM only

YOU NEED TO HAVE A VERY GOOD MICRO and FAST!

Here are some TIPS:

• The best way to rush a lotus is with snipers
  • The best unit against lotus is Cannoner
  • The best quick rush is Crosbow rushing
  • The best Normal rush is with musketeers and swordmen, you also need raider if they have tower
  • The best way to prevent mass sould chill is smoke + Vetkin's Battle gear
  • Always Start with 1 peasant hut only. You can build more later on
  • Do not forget to auto-train
  • Always remember wherer your rally goes for every building
  • A tower can give you a little more defence for your units

IMPROVE YOUR MICRO:

To improve your micro, you must play actively and fast... For example, you have 4 musketeers and your opponent is 4 staff adepts, of course you will lose when you don't control your unit.

Example of good Micro.

Assuming there were 4 Musketeers which are Musketeer A, Musketeer B, Musketeer C, and Musketeer D. 4 Staffs which are Staff A, Staff B, Staff C, and Staff D.

Your 4 Musketeers are standing, but then, 4 staffs run to your 4 Musketeers and attack musketeer A, all you need to do is run all your muskeeters far from the staffs and Press N. (So they will be ready to attack their range attack)

Check your musketeer's life.

Which are Yellow?

Which are Green?

The Yellow should be at the back of the Green one.

They attack your musketeer A and it has a yellow heal, it must stand at the back of the 3 musketeer (Do not forget to press N everytime you want them to stop at a certain place).

While 4 Staff running to you, your musketeer shoots them, so one of their staff has a yellow life.

When they attack one of your musketeer, run it!

Run it all if your musketeer are so close together! Remember to let your musketeer far apart so when you run one of them, they wont attack the relative one.

Remember to shoot the lowest life first!

Shoot one at a time.. Run almost red life musketeer far away and press N when you think that staff can't see you musketeer. Or Run all when you think you can't do it.. REMEMBER! EVERY UNITS ARE SO PRECIOUS!!! DO NOT LET IT DIE!!!

When they rush you with Blade:

Make an Alchemist hut and a travern, get some rice then a tower... By this time.. You can rule him or her, just do your good micro... Don't forget to charge your watch tower. Run your sowrd man arround, let the musketeer shoot them, charge tower.

~OR~

Make an Alchemist Hut, then tower immediately.. If you have more rice, try to get Sharpshooter's Guild to make cannoner, one cannoner on the tower with charging and some musketeer with good micro will kill them immediately..

WHEN THEY TOWER RUSH YOU:

Build Alchemist Hut + Sharpshooter's guild + Watch tower. You will be fine when you have a cannoner on your watch tower.. You can make everything you want for the others.. Your cannoner will destroy the watch tower for you.

An Example of 20 to 25 minutes game.

Assuming that the lotus player made 4 Staff adepts with Dark Canopy, 3 Desease ones with Deathwail, 2 Unclean ones with Death Sentry, 4 Channelers, 4 warlocks. 2 Brothers (Assuming that he got 2 Yin because he attack you with one blade acolyte)

Of course you will have more unit than him/her, because you don't have to consume peasants to get battle gear...

So you would make 4 geishas with razor Fans, 3 or 4 swordmen with mugging 2 Raiders (If you like, incase of tower) and the rest Cannoner, if you like to have 1 sniper, you can.. to increase your sight..

Are you ready to attack? Or are you ready to let them attack you?

Mug the dark canopy closest to the desease one, this might help you to mug the deathwail too. Also, smoke first before start your journey to mug. Run back your mug after mugging immediately, rest it! continue use smoke one by one.

Rest your swordmen at the back... Do not let them see it. Once smoke, go mug!

If you play very fast and quick, you can burn their base while attacking them.. I did it!

When there are not actice dark canopy, kill brothers first, then healers! Or healers first then brother! For me I kill Brothers first!

Always active razor FAN of your Geishas! Incase, they might melee attack you, use your geisha to attack them and let the other geishas heal...

(DO NOT ABUSE!, HE/SHE MIGHT Reasoning that you win because of abusing!)

Hit the skull immediately when they throw it.. Remember, when you hit it, use only 1 unit to hit it.. The best unit to hit it is a cannoner. Continue do your JOB

HERE's ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF 20-25 MINS GAME by: KaBuKi

YOU NEED TO BE VERY FAST TO DO THIS ONE.

THEY MADE THE SAME UNIT AS ABOVE:

4 Staff adepts with Dark Canopy, 3 Desease ones with Deathwail, 2 Unclean ones with Death Sentry, 4 Channelers, 4 warlocks. 2 Brothers (Assuming that he got 2 Yin because he attack you with one blade acolyte)

You will make:

3-4 Swordmen with mugging

4 Cannoners with smokes or 5

2 Crossbows with poison tips (If you like!)

Some geisha (about 4 or 5)

The Rest are Musketeer with Sniper Scope

Here is what you're going to do.

Are you ready?

Line up your snipers close to their base and activate it. Use your snipers to hit their brothers.

Start to use one smoke then go mug immediately and go back. Smoke another if you want more defence for your mug. Do This Very quickly...

After done mugging, no more brothers because your sniper kill them already.. Heal the red unit immediately at all times...

If they throw skull, hit it with your cannoner.

Always let your healer at the back of your snipers, let her heal every single unit..

Always rest your mug after mugging.

use your cannoner as a frontliner (In front of the battle), so it will defence your snipers. Do not forget to heal your cannoner.

After no more brothers and Dark Canopy, then you win... But if they summon brother again. Do the same thing..

If you have a crossbow with poison, use it wisely, it has weak defence against magic but it helps you to kill the brothers quickly..

Always Press O for the mug and crossbow at the back if you have one.

IF THEY HAVE A LOT OF SOUL CHILL, then get vetkin.. If you don't have time to get vetkin, try to mug him continously --> Smoke him, go mug him, then smoke, get back your mug, go mug him, then smoke, until their are no more soul chill.. If your first mug die because they use their soul chill already, you will have a high chance to mug their soul chill..

Here is how to counter SC w/ Issyl- BenEducationNotice

Imagine, they have 6 SC with Issyl over DC. Once, they activate Issyl's BG (To make the warlocks move faster), they will run their warlocks to your units and activate SC, the result is, most of your units will die. That's a bad thing for you.

To counter it, you need Mug, Cannoner's Mines, and Vetkin.

Once you see them have SC and Issyl, be ready to counter it by mining mines arround your army and put activated mug in front of your army in N mode.

They can't simply SC you because your Mines are arround your units. Their warlock should die when they reach into your place.

Tips: Mines smartly!

When you mines, don't let them see you are mining.

You can also mines at the back of your units, then just run your units later to the mines area. After their SC die or being mug by the frontliner mugger, you can now kill them easily because they have no SC anymore.

Here's how to Counter Lotus' Tower Rush: BenEducationNotice

Sometimes a lotus player will tower in your base once the game started, this kills all your peasants and result of losing.

To counter this one,

Make an Alchemist Hut and a Sharpshooter very quickly!

If you have enough rice, build a tower, I recommend you to build a tower. If you don't have enough rice, don't tower.

Make about 2 canons.

Use the 2 canons to destroy the tower, not the muskeeter.

If that lotus build a Blade Garden, make more cannoners! If that lotus build a Training Yard, make Musketeer instead of Cannoners. Do your good micro to kill his/her staff adept with musketeer or leaf with cannoner. Make sure not to let the 2 cannoners die. You will need them to destroy the tower. If one of the canonnoner dies, make another cannoner.

More tips:

If it happens that you have enough rice to tower, tower quickly.

Build a another hut far away from their tower but near rice. Do the same for the water hut.

Once that Lotus tower rush fails, do not attack them yet, kill first their Blade Garden, Training Yard, or Forge if they have. You don't need to kill their hut. The reason that you must kill their training building first is that they might have DC when you go to their base if you don't. Remember, they need 3 buildings to get Crypt of Brothers.

Edited by BenEducationNotice

Guest Aramid

One thing is I think sure here...Cannoneer is the most efefctive unit of the serpent clan agaisnt the lotus

Omg, I am not yet finish.. LoLz ok.. thanks anyway..What stuff don't you agree?

Guest Aramid

I will try some of the tricks later... I hope it will work

Yes you can practice your micro in a skirmish game.. Did you get my explaination in micro? comment please?

Guest Aramid

Yeah... I get it... It is a little bit time consuming... making the staff adepts or the Blade A. die hmmm.... how about attacking their base right away hmmm... After a while the enemy will create better units... yes they will consume a peasant using death sentry but peasant generation in lotus is 2nd fastest after wolf... hmmmm.....

Ok, I will explain it for you.. I will edit my guide again.. I will include the answer of your question.

Guest Aramid

yeah...Ok.... I dont usually play serpent because I am Lotus always... I believe before that serpent is greatly weaken in WOTW, that's why I hate serpet... hehehe except for some heroes...

No wonders, serpent is the most popular clan for good players and in rush game.

Guest Aramid

yeah.... you say it... when I look at the current stats i noticed that units in serpent has random weaknesses and strengths... I noticed that they give a lot of strengths to those weak attacking units like raiders and most weakness like Utara, who has great attacking and Bg damage.... while lotus most is uniform...

Remember, Almost all of the lotus's battle gear are stamina base.. They need stamina to use their battle gear.

It's great to play serpent.. Hmm.. I can play with you and practice with you if I can host.. hehe.. But someday I think I can host too.. I would make what you say and I let you counter me.. That's the way I teach many people.. Now they are very good players

Guest Aramid

Ok.... hmmmm.... and vetkin is the one I hate most.... I will throe death sentry first and when vetkin arrives ... he will die, he is weak in magic... death sentry has magical damage... that includes some muskets... few channelers they dont rely on stamina

Your vetkin will not die if you have a good micro..

Like..

You must use your smoke first then when they stop, run your vetkin in and press B immediately, Switch to your cannoner and smoke another then switch back to your vetkin and let him run back, let one geisha run near to your vetkin and heal him incase if he have a red life.

Also, if you have spirit warriors, it is better, Run in your spirit warriors then use smoke, then use vekin, then smoke another, then run back your vetkin..

YOU NEED TO DO THIS VERY FAST!!

Please Go Here to know the term... Most of them are from Lotus.

Guest Aramid

Yeah... that can be effective but cannoneers blinding ability has its limit and when my Uncleans are blinded I will just press S and they will be fine again.... They can attack once again in range... Death sentry is powerful....

Remember, you have a lot of cannoners back up.. Once they are blind and being vetkin's battle gear.. Cannoner's will rule the unclean one.. They will die.. The channeler can still heal.. But she can be killed by those cannoners .. Remember, Cannoner has area effective attack..

THIS IS VERY FAST... LIKE AFTER THE FIRST SMOKE GONE THE LOTUS GONE too.. hehehe

Edited by BenEducationNotice

Guest Aramid

I hate those cannoneers.... I will create both Unclean ones and Staff adepts knowing that Canoneers are very weak in Blunt and I can use 1 in dark Canopy... vetkin cannot survive BLUNT... hehehehe....

Hehehe.. He can, because he is fast hehe.. I hope I can play you and let you see more stuff about serpent.. I also know a lot about lotus too

well ben im going to tell you something i dont go vs lotus that way because i can loose easy only smoke and mugg naa. first i get atless 15-20 snipes then i get about 4 mugg and 4 smoke or 5. and im ready to attack ohh yeah and also 2 xbows with poisen. i go near their base actvate the snipers, the snipers will start killing his staffs and he will activate one now i smoke him and send 1 mugg and he try to used dc but he will realise that he doesnt have and all his staff and brothers will be gone ;) if have time i woulld also recomend that you get necro that way when before you mugg him you smoke then send the spirits and then mugg him thats a little better strategie i think. you need also to distract your enemy while you are playing. try to sneack into his town and burn his cryp of brother that will be something very effective to do before you actually attack.

Is just they way i go is just a opinion.

Ok thank you for your opinion kabuki, it's depend on the player who use the serpent against the lotus.. I will include your guide too..

I can you do your opinion too, I just immune my unit from death sentry and soulchill.. Because they would die very quick hehe..

hey also include some gaishas they will help alot too ;)

Ben's guide is effective for killing most lotus players because most players go for sc ds and dc. I don't know much about 1v1. In 1v1, lotus is not that powerful; any clan can own lotus in 1v1 because lotus bg are obtained from stamina. Lotus only defense is its towers(very powerful).

Dragon vs Lotus: you need not to let lotus get sc. If lotus is trying to get sc, then kill it before more sc are given to warlocks. This can be done by first making a lot chi dargonwarriors just incase once the lotus got dc then rush in. With dragonwarriors' high res to blunt and magic, staff and warlocks cannot do much without sc and dc is useless and a waste of unit because it is a melee combat. If the lotus does not attack once it has dc, get a few fire archers and go burn: don't let the brothers get stamina from u( just shoot once or twice with 3-4 fire archers, the building should be on fire. Then run back the archers). I would mass dragonwarriors/chi and 3 geisha/sacrif bg, 3 id, 1 sight arrow, 1 stardust. Keep stardust and geisha behind dragonwarriors and press N(N works the say way as O but better because units can do their range if they have range attack). select all dragonwarriors and press N. Always have a dargonwarrior stand infront of the the entire army to have farther sight and to defend with chi. Use arrow sight and id anything that is closest to you. This will cause turbulance in lotus town. Don't rush in yet because you dont want your army to be killed by those towers(dragonwarriors are weak against explosive). Just keep id lotus until lotus army decides to come out of their tower range to fight. If they don't come out, just keep id and destroy one building by one. Move ur army abit close and do the same thing( I call this safe invasion). There are a few things u need to watch out for:

*kill ds once u see it(sometimes the ds can't be targeted or can be targeted but cannot be destroyed, just keep attking because dragonwarriors are strong against magic)

*Once dragonwarriors have red health, activate chi.

*If lots of dragonwarriors have red health, run in one geisha and sac her to heal them. Don't try to run in all ur geisha to heal them because they are weak against magic and can be killed fast. It is better to sac one geisha.

*Use stardust on those that do range attack on dragonwarroirs to prevent dragonwarriors from taking explosive damage from warlocks; you want warlocks to do magic, don't you? Unclean ones do magic range, so don't be concerned with unclean onces too much.

*Try to kill healers first

*Use spirit at an appropriate time if you have

*This strat only works if lotus has no sc.

Serpent vs Lotus: Do as Ben says. Smoke first then mug. Warlocks do explosive range damage, so ur canons will not take much damge while choking them with smoke. Then mug and run back. However sometimes smoke does not work and mug will die. Be sure to see smoke works first then mug. I would have at least one geisha with the res bg. This bg takes abit health from units but give much better advantage to those units. This means that canons are almost immune to explosive. Or u can use this res bg on muger before go mug; this will increase better chance of survival in returning to the back of the cannons. Immagine that swordmen's innate ability is not working, swordmen will be useless in both rush games and long games.

Wolf vs Lotus: I never play wolf against lotus in 1v1.

Lotus vs Lotus: Who cares?

In 2v2, lotus is very strong in providing the other teammate defense with dc. I think Wolf and Lotus are the best teammates. My strat is to not have all units from both clans attack under dc range. use Wolf clan to protect lotus from being mugged. dc should not be stood tightly close together. I prefer to have 2 groups of dc: one in the front the other in the back. This will give the lotus the chance to use dc all the time after a successful mug which is rarly happens because druids will trap mugger first. Make lots ballistamen and a few slingers to burn. You can have a few berserkers. Serpent wiht mass smoke won't do much to wolf and lotus need to be fast with dc. Somke can't get all the units in this formation. Every time i play lotus, i never run out of dc. The question is why don't we just use wolf to attack at the same time? This will screw everthing up if the opponents close in to melee. Use my safe invasion, the melee army will get killed by my wolf army; with druids around, they can't even get close to wolf. However all of this depends on how the lotus plays with their dc. All of this can be a loss without dc. I remeber I played with Legion, Fresco, or Ripper against other team. I was wolf, fresco was lotus. I use this strat and killed vetkins 3 times before it even activated its bg. All those mugs died poorly. The lotus got smoked but we didn't get hurt because dc is still there and more dc were ready to be activated.

Also Serpent can help save lotus dc from getting mugged or drained by using the stun dart from bandits or mug the muggers before they reach to staff.

Dragon can use flash powder to prevent mug get to dc.

What else u need to know about lotus power in team games? The ability to micro dc is the key to victory.

I would like to try Ben's smoke army with mug against my lotus, but i can't host. I wanna see if he can mug all my dc and kill me as fast as he mentioned above. Snipers? Don't eve think about them, they will get owned by a good lotus with good dc micro. Go with smoke and mug. I would have 4 raiders ready all the time to burn lotus town. When lotus attack, usually they leave no units behing to defend its town, so go burn go burn. This will give serpent easier way to victory after surving the lotus attack. And this will distract the lotus too: the lotus will think " should I concentrate on the attack or on both the attack and the burning town?" Remember, canons are not ezily killed by lotus.

No one strat is the best; one strat can overcome another strat and also can be owned by the others.

I wanna point out something else about dargon and lotus. Now, when i play lotus gainst dragon, i would expect Dragon to make dragonwarriors. And I am sick of using dc and shoot to own dragon. So I make lost of blades with one or 2 dc to melee dragon. interestingly enough, blades own dragonwarriors ezily. Not to mention the upgrades for blades. Tir 1 owns Tir 2. So if you are having difficult time to get stamina, just mass blades and u should kill dragon when Dragon expects you to make warlocks.