This is a mod that makes it so that all heroes now get techniques like regular units. Since I wanted to go with upgrades that made sense to each hero, some heroes get more upgrades than others.

The main features are:
1. Techniques/upgrades for most heroes. Some heroes benefit more than others, but now they're generally much better later in the game.
2. Monks and Ninja can get different battle gear based on their clan.
3. The Lotus clan can use Zymeth to summon the Nightvol for 10 yin, who now has working sounds from the campaign.

4. The Dragon clan can use Otomo to summon the Dragon for 10 yang

5. The Wolf clan can use Greyback to summon the White Wolf for 8 yang

6. The Serpent clan can use Shinja to summon Tarrant for 10 yin

7. Some heroes can get battle gears that suit them (ie. Arah can get long-range fire arrows, Wolf clan heroes can get Shale Armor).
8. Changes to the Nightvol and Hordelings to make them more challenging in the campaign

Installation:

1. IMPORTANT - MAKE BACKUPS OF Battle Realms.dat (located in the main Battle Realms folder) and SpeechFX.H2O (located in the Sounds folder)
2. Move the included Battle Realms.dat from the mod package to your main Battle Realms folder
3. Move the included SpeechFX.H2O from the mod package to your Battle Realm's Sound folder
4. Start a new game - most changes won't work on save games

Full changes:

Dragon Clan:

Arah has the Archer’s innate ability

Arah gains Zen Accuracy and Arrow Craftsmanship

Kazan gains Calisthenics, Indomitable Will, and Phosphorus Powder

Otomo gains Dragon’s Strength, Dragons Heart,

Teppo gains Phosphorus Powder and Pressurized Kegs

Garrin gains Tempered Steel and Dragon’s Fire

Tao gains Trial of Endurance and Indomitable Will

Kazan has the same explosive resistance as Powder Keg Cannoneers

Dragon Monks can get Chi Shield from the Shrine and Fire Shield from the Fireworks Factory

Arah can get long-range Fire Arrows from the Fireworks Factory

Tao can get Fire Shield from the Fireworks Factory

Garrin can get Dragon Skin from the Fireworks Factory

Teppo can get Indirect Fire from the Shrine

Kazan can get Fire Shield from the Fireworks Factory

Otomo can get Summon the Dragon (listed as Dragon’s Heart) from the Shrine for 1500 rice, 800 water, and 10 yang

The Dragon’s ability is Dragon’s Rage (listed as Dragon’s Fire), which deals heavy damage to nearby units

The yang cost of the Dragon Monument’s ability was reduced from 3 to 2

The Kabuki Warrior’s entertainer innate ability now works on all peasants

Serpent Clan:

Shinja gains Poison Weapons, Reinforced Plating, Lethal Drive, and Murderous Intent

Utara gains Ironskin Potion, Pressure Points, Flexibility, The Art of Love, and Poisoned Weapons

Vetkin gains Drunken Revelry and Murderous Intent

Taro gains Drunken Revelry, Reinforced Plating, Lethal Drive, and Ironskin Potion

Budo gains Drunken Revelry, Fortified Ale, and Ironskin Potion

Serpent Ninja gain Darts and Lethal Drive

Serpent Kenji 2 and 3 gain vital points

Budo can get the Hobnailed Boots battle gear from the Metal Shop

Vetkin can get the Hobnailed Boots battle gear from the Metal Shop

Utara can get the Metal Fans battle gear from the Metal Shop

Serpent Ninja can get Paralysis Darts from the Metal Shop and Teleport from the Thieves Guild

Shinja can get Cursed Blades (listed as “Yin Bladeâ€) from the Metal Shop – this places a set of Ronin Swords at the targeted area

Shinja can get Summon Tarrant (listed as “Kenjiâ€) from the Thieves Guild (costs 10 yin, 500 rice, and 500 water)

Shinja has the Warlock’s innate ability (drains stamina in combat)

Vetkin has the Raider’s innate ability

Taro has the Swordsman’s innate ability

Tarrant’s ability is Breaking the World (listed as Zen Trance), which deals heavy damage to nearby units

The Necromancer’s zombies no longer decay (he uses Zombie 2 instead of Zombie)

The Necromancer summons Spirit Warrior 2 instead of Spirit Warrior (no noticeable changes)

The Raider’s Brush Fire ability now damages units

Budo’s Slave Driver ability works on all peasants

Both Vetkin’s and the Ronin’s weapons deal slight poison damage

Shinja’s Intimidation ability creates a snake swarm effect

Wolf Clan:

All Wolf heroes can get Shale Armor

Longtooth gains Wolfball League, Fight Crew, Eagle’s Eye, King of the Mountain, and Dodging

Shale Lord gains Fight Crew, Rite of Freedom, Blast Furnace, and Miners’ Union

Grayback gains Fight Crew, Miners’ Union, Rite of Freedom

Wildeye gains Petrified Wood, Dodging, Freedom’s Howl, and Foraging

Gaihla gains Song of Morning Dew

Gaihla can get Storm Prevention (listed as Magic Negation) from the Cairn; this prevents rain, but only if used before it starts to rain

Pitch Slingers can get Poison Bombs (listed as Smoke Bombs) from the Cairn

Werewolves can get Berserker Transformation (listed as

Monks can get Zen Counterpunch from Druidess’ blessing

Allied Tao can get Zen Counterpunch from Druidess’ blessing

Greyback can get Call of the White Wolf (listed as Ancestral Call) from the Cairn for 850 rice and 250 water

Greyback can summon the White Wolf (listed as Spirit Wolf) for 8 yang

The White Wolf can summon up to 20 Spirit Wolves

Spirit Wolves now look like regular wolves

The Digger’s Dig battle gear conceals it when first cast

The Shale Lord is now resistant to magic

Gave Longtooth and Gaihla H_Grayback_Mask_HP.tga for the HighLOD mask texture

Lotus Clan:

Yvainne gains Domination

Issyl gains Silvered Steel and Issyl’s Boon

Koril gains Silvered Steel and Field of Souls

Soban gains Heavy Iron Staves

Tausil gains Heavy Iron Staves

Lythis gains Silvered Steel

Sehk gains Leafbite

Zymeth gains Leafstep, Leafbite, Way of the Root, Leprosy, Strength of the Trunk, Glut of Corruption, and Issyl’s Boon

Zymeth can get Lightning Blast (listed as Black Lightning) from Tausil and Summon Nightvol (listed as The Nightvol) from Sehk

The Nightvol can be summoned for 10 yin, and can summon 4 hordelings

Ninja can get Hordeling Transformation (listed as Sacrifice) from Lythis

The Infested One's Famine ability now damages units

Other Changes:

All Ninjas’ weapons deal slight poison damage

Shale Spiders now poison enemies

Ninjas’ Shadow Skills ability creates a smoke bomb effect

Very High Detail changed to use the improved models

High Detail changed to be like the old Very High Detail

Replaced salmon color with white

Low unit cap is 30, normal is 40, high is 50

Hordeling’s max health recovery changed to a rate of 0.75 per second

Hordeling health increased from 250 to 600

Hordeling damage increased from 25 to 35

Hordeling max stamina doubled from 100 to 200

Hordelings now have sounds for attacking, being healed, and taunting enemies

Nightvol now has sounds for attacking, being healed, and taunting enemies

Greatly increased the health and damage of the Nightvol

The high-detail monk model now uses the Ninja model’s texture mask

Poison Gas deals increased damage

The Clan values of all Zen Masters were changed to fit their respective clans (ie. Shinja’s clan was changed to Clan_Serpent), which was needed for hero upgrades to work

Download Links:

Main file (with sound):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i8new1g5iapbp5s/BattleRealms_HeroesUpdgradeV2.7z

Kenji Version only (no sound):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ozibliatsr8dakr/HeroUpgradesV2_WithKenji.7z

Edited by AtlasBwaa
  • Like 1

pretty good

to wolf carin you should add only a uinit  and use 144 to ability and add some time to trening 

and to new unit wolf add all staff likie units have :)

then will work 

Nice mod, I find it more balance than any other. Although some things need to be fix or added like:

1. AI not using any heroes(at least tested in skirmish). I barely seen one but thats the only first and last from 10+ 8map matches.

2. Berserker shale armor *skin not showing (coz thats what I train always when im wolf).

3. I don't see any importance on ghaila's new default skill. I still prefer the heal one

4. If any chance I like kenji to be included in skirmish/single player.

*5. Color white player is the same with crops in map, maybe change it to gray or different color that isn't confusing in map.

*6. Zombies (summons from necromancer in serpent) are adding in population when you save-load your game.

Ill add more if I see things that will make it better. 

Edited by kevrome

waht do you mean ? ,

so the mod it's not my

so you should contact with the creator

Edited by Gregor8356

The links are in the first post. They both have the dat files, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks for the feedback kevrome. I think I updated this a while ago but never made it available for download, so I might address whatever issues I can in a new version. From what I remember, I was able to give each clan a 10 yin/yang super unit (Nightvol for the Lotus, Dragon for the Dragon, White Wolf for the Wolf, and Tarrant for the Serpent), so it probably isn't as balanced.

Here are my responses:

1. I'm not sure why the AI wouldn't use heroes. I haven't changed any of their yin/yang costs, so the AI should use the regular heroes at least.

2. That's a problem with the model. I can't fix it, but if you set the detail to High instead of Very High, it will use the old models.

3. I think I forgot to switch it back to the healing one when I was testing it, so I will make sure to put it back.

4. Do you mean for Kenji's Journey and skirmish games, or just skirmish games?

5. I can change that.

6. I'll look into this one, but I'm not sure if I can fix it.

Edited by AtlasBwaa

The links are in the first post. They both have the dat files, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks for the feedback kevrome. I think I updated this a while ago but never made it available for download, so I might address whatever issues I can in a new version. From what I remember, I was able to give each clan a 10 yin/yang super unit (Nightvol for the Lotus, Dragon for the Dragon, White Wolf for the Wolf, and Tarrant for the Serpent), so it probably isn't as balanced.

Here are my responses:

1. I'm not sure why the AI wouldn't use heroes. I haven't changed any of their yin/yang costs, so the AI should use the regular heroes at least.

2. That's a problem with the model. I can't fix it, but if you set the detail to High instead of Very High, it will use the old models.

3. I think I forgot to switch it back to the healing one when I was testing it, so I will make sure to put it back.

4. Do you mean for Kenji's Journey and skirmish games, or just skirmish games?

5. I can change that.

6. I'll look into this one, but I'm not sure if I can fix it.

Oh no problem lol. The AI still use heroes but barely in my experience and yeah I want to see kenji as a hero in skirmish/singleplayer (maybe modifying that dragon statue to summon him instead of the aoe nuke in dragon clan.)

Oh no problem lol. The AI still use heroes but barely in my experience and yeah I want to see kenji as a hero in skirmish/singleplayer (maybe modifying that dragon statue to summon him instead of the aoe nuke in dragon clan.)

this advice tested work approved ;)

The new version is up. I couldn't fix the minimap color problem or zombie population problem, but it adds Tarrant, the Dragon, and the White Wolf. There is also a separate version that includes Kenji for the Dragon and Serpent clans.

The new version is up. I couldn't fix the minimap color problem or zombie population problem, but it adds Tarrant, the Dragon, and the White Wolf. There is also a separate version that includes Kenji for the Dragon and Serpent clans.

thanks for sharing your version to us, its really a good one. Btw the folder "WithKenji" is empty, I think you forgot to put the file there.

Oops, sorry about that! I put a link to the Kenji version (without the sound files) in the first post and will put it in the main file as well.

Edit: The main file is now updated to include the Kenji version.

Edited by AtlasBwaa

Oops, sorry about that! I put a link to the Kenji version (without the sound files) in the first post and will put it in the main file as well.

Edit: The main file is now updated to include the Kenji version.

How to summon him(kenji) in dragon or serpent? I still only get the dragon for dragon clan and the aoe guy for serpent clan.

For some reason my Battle Realms Data Editor didn't actually save my changes. I tried it on a different computer and it should be working now. Dragon Kenji replaces Kazan, and Serpent Kenji replaces Budo.

For some reason my Battle Realms Data Editor didn't actually save my changes.

Some systems have this 

in Battle Realms.dat 

right mouse button on file , properties and looks like this

this should be unchecked 

readonly1.jpg

if is like on picture you can't write a file

and if you are not owner of the pc also you can't overwrite a files

Edited by Gregor8356

I finally figured out my password and got my old account back. I know it's been a long time since I did anything with this, but I decided to update it and ended up adding a bunch of new stuff. I'll be posting updates on the ModDB page since I don't want to format the change list all over again.

Some changes:

-Added new battle gear for Otomo, Arah, Greyback, Longtooth, the Shale Lord, Shinja, Zymeth, Yvaine, monks, ninjas, channelers, pitch slingers, hurlers, and warlocks

-Changed existing battle gear for Budo, Vetkin, and several regular units

-Gave more techniques to heroes (including Yvaine, who didn't have any before)

-New innate abilities for Shinja, Budo, the Shale Lord, and master warlocks

-Replaced Tarant with a new Kenji

-Shale Spiders for the Lotus clan

There are a lot more, you can check out the readme for the full list.

Links:

ModDb: https://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-realms-hero-upgrades-mod-v3

With Sound: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o16omqr9ua9sgy7/BattleRealms_HeroUpgradesV3.7z/filehttps://www.mediafire.com/file/o16omqr9ua9sgy7/BattleRealms_HeroUpgradesV3.7z/file

No Sound: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j7wd2azwo093tw3/BattleRealms_HeroUpgradesV3_NoSound.7z/file

Edited by MrFish

On 5/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, MrFish said:

I finally figured out my password and got my old account back. I know it's been a long time since I did anything with this, but I decided to update it and ended up adding a bunch of new stuff. I'll be posting updates on the ModDB page since I don't want to format the change list all over again.

Some changes:

-Added new battle gear for Otomo, Arah, Greyback, Longtooth, the Shale Lord, Shinja, Zymeth, Yvaine, monks, ninjas, channelers, pitch slingers, hurlers, and warlocks

-Changed existing battle gear for Budo, Vetkin, and several regular units

-Gave more techniques to heroes (including Yvaine, who didn't have any before)

-New innate abilities for Shinja, Budo, the Shale Lord, and master warlocks

-Replaced Tarant with a new Kenji

-Shale Spiders for the Lotus clan

There are a lot more, you can check out the readme for the full list.

Links:

ModDb: https://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-realms-hero-upgrades-mod-v3

With Sound: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o16omqr9ua9sgy7/BattleRealms_HeroUpgradesV3.7z/filehttps://www.mediafire.com/file/o16omqr9ua9sgy7/BattleRealms_HeroUpgradesV3.7z/file

No Sound: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j7wd2azwo093tw3/BattleRealms_HeroUpgradesV3_NoSound.7z/file

Have you tested your mod against AI? The last time I modified heroes to be affected by Techniques, the AI were no longer able to summon them.

I did, and I thought that problem was just down to my AI profiles not favoring heroes enough. There was definitely a time when the AI would still use them, but maybe that was because I didn’t add techniques to every hero. Damn, I’m not sure what I’ll do now. 

44 minutes ago, MrFish said:

I did, and I thought that problem was just down to my AI profiles not favoring heroes enough. There was definitely a time when the AI would still use them, but maybe that was because I didn’t add techniques to every hero. Damn, I’m not sure what I’ll do now. 

I was disappointed as well when I noticed this in my mod as I was really pumped up about having the heroes affected by techniques work.

I tested and was able to pinpoint the behavior of AI in summoning heroes:

All units that have clan set to '1 - CLAN_HERO' and units with ID that are in Slot 1 - 5 of your current clan's Keep (up to slot 6 for Dragon)  AND NOT one of skirmish only heroes (Kenji all forms and Otomo - Shinja no swords, Zymeth, Yvaine, Grayback god modes, Grayback & Longtooth slaves, etc).

To make techniques affect heroes you needed to change their clans to the respective clan that owns the technique, which then hinders the AI to see any hero to summon.

Well in my case I weighted the feature against AI's usability of heroes then favored the latter, as gaining powerful heroes while the AI loses them makes them even more boring to play with.