Gregor8356

Improve skills of making maps (WorldMaster Mastering) Tutorial

Hi this is a tutorial of making maps and for those who can make maps should be also good to increase skills

For example I choose 128/128 map size you can se it max to (512/512) Grasslands / Dirt the map will be for two players

to rotate the map use  RIGHT ALT + AROWS â†â†‘↓→ mouse wheel to zoom
If you want to no lose your work after make changes press
CTRL+S -quick save -[you can only do that if this gonna be maked: horse spawn point  min. 2players start point on flat terrain not in water and not in rice + water with one water point] and make copy of files sometimes WorldMaster crash and thats bad when youar working by map some houers :'(

2uegy9z.jpg

/

Then press F1 or select mouse first square with this tool you can easy make deep or high spots how this work - select place to manipulate

1264fac.jpg

Now by cliking to second square or use F2  by cliking and hold  left mouse button and move mouse up or down you can make deep or high spots.The space button unselect chosen place

2py96vc.jpg

Now by cliking F4  or 4 square to squeeze hills or make them smooth you can use size of brush 16/16 like on the picture and remember you can set one of 8 brush to swith smothing rate in my picture is something 80%  betwen Opacity spee strength  / softnes   llike on the picture are 72 /46  http://oi59.tinypic.com/mb70c2.jpgto adapt  the requirements of your map. The softness falloff is for your brush rim can be smooth or sharp  

8xn9es.jpg

Now use 14 square or press SHIFT+ F3 to see where are possibilities to go check Display Passability if you want to do your way check Edit Pasability left mouse button to make roads and CTRL+ left mause button to clear roads.
Back to smoothing the hills use 4 square or presss F4 and when you are choose an brush try to eliminate possibility to cross.

aa7o6e.jpg

Should look like this :

2pqw9dk.jpg

Next we are put a random grass and forest and stone texture  to our map use F7 or 7 square
and later rice fields then use F11 or use11 square and then press Fill Rice Terrain

auwaj4.jpg

Next will make a river use 8 square or F8 choose lake depth 1 if should be crosable also you can choose color start end dark blue and  marine

2vuesdl.jpg

Also you can paint texture of water by checking Paint Water Translucency and use fixed Value by move bar left or right to get more transparent color or less of course after do this
click to generate water points are necessary to save map must be at least one accessible to  unit 

10sabdk.jpg

Here you should use F10 or use mouse 10 square  and press Fill Forest Terrain and press Update Tree Shadows here I forgot to press 10 square to show options and sorry for that I've done it before 

24c87c9.jpg

Next making some shadows by pressing F9 or use 9 square and using a gray color 

2cql7c2.jpg

Next we will be painting a dirt to color orange we can use brush 3/3

256wmfd.jpg

Then make the corections  by using brush  2/2 also if you make big maps you can store selected color or rewrite numbers of once choosen color / you show lights or not show like paths Islands by press ,,L'' recalculate lighting

2r2m8td.jpg

Then we are gonna paint grass

33wa7lz.jpg

Next we gonna paint a stone and and rice I use blue and dark red
also
dont forgot to use  Opacity Speed strength  and Softnes to make better results

mb70c2.jpg

Then we are going to object section pressing F12 or use 12square then clicking to Static Objects and choose that object if we want to add to map also we can press on it right  mouse button if we wont to be higher on ground or underground by  unclicking always on ground we can set value 1+ to higher above ground or
use - 1 to underground , also if we get back by clicking to Static Objects left mouse button to see Objects folder and clicking on it we can set other objects to put on a map to rotate the object press left mouse button and hold on a white square and hold LEFT ALT and rotate the mouse, to increase/decrease size of object do the same like before only swap  LEFT ALT to RIGHT ALT / you can practice on rocks. Also you can set scale by clicking right mouse button on object and set three dimensions of an object.

vrq8pl.jpg

Then we can place Creatures by pres Shift+F2 or use 13 square
then we choose Place Creature Spawn point then placing on the map  and right mouse button on it to choose type of creature it depends to map if water the fish if  forest the squirrels etc.But remember to save map you must create a horse spawn point.

and here by choosing Place Team Start Point we are choose number of players one point mean one player etc. and puting on the map very important thing the starting points should not to be placed to water to rice or in inaccessible place to check this Shift F3 and check Display Passability should be walker and the same if you are doing a platforms for building here should be chosen building from bar to switch to can see where you will be able to build a building.

also you can manually place water points
by clicking
Place Water Gather Point

154hj6p.jpg

Here we choose light in our battlefield it's  a day midleday or eavning  use 17square or SHIFT+F6 sfter clicking Directional Light in terrain we could choose color of a day here I use brown and red

vx0whz.jpg

Here you can set light like on Theatre scene using spot or piont from korner map move a light orb to wanted place

2nro8c4.jpg

Here I use second Directional Light and and dark blue and light blue and got evning or night

awb8ti.jpg

Here I decide the battle in map will be in midlle of a day and use probably orange and green and fromfile level properities set fog of war dark blue task bar wil make fog transparent or not for map ,but the units you will not see

2evx2ev.jpg

Here use F5 or 5 square to set hill to specific high also use Shift+F3 or 14 square walker Disoplay Pasability check to see cross passability to see cross passability
and to do a way down simply use brush 3/3 and by pressing lower one by one do to lower the way to down platform 

14o4vpd.jpg

here I make some hills corrections with marine color also here I show 2 Arach gates and they are crossed how to do it:
press left mouse button on an object and hold then add right mouse button ,release press in pop up window cancel and now by moving mouse you can place your object where you want

2j4r7tg.jpg

Here is last corections use gray color to get hill shadows

311x40j.jpg

Here is left do set sounds of frogs / birds forest /waterfalls etc. to do use Shift +F5 or 16 square select fro list and put tem on a map also here I use last effects to coplete the map like watterfall warter shiming, gras leafs frog lilypads etc. you can use F11 or use 11 square and click to effects folder to choose some effects to your map

27z92ci.jpg

Some points should be not underwater or in rice  and in unreachable place

2vb3fb7.jpg

Here  use Shift +F4 or 15 square to sed clouds angle the way frome coming spee in bar and Initial Humidity set size of clouds and also here you can set RAIN or SNOW from bar also from  Main manu Edit /Program Options scroll speed mean speed moving on map and Far clip plane if is to small you can't see the map 

2vl4s2g.jpg

To get better results you can also mix techniques
THIS MOD UNLOCK ALL HIDEN STUF IN WorldMaster

To save in sam the files will be playable only in wotw but if you save in bre in 2 versions of game you can play  only where are not add the snow and new stuff to be used in old version because this will crash the game 

http://www.2shared.com/file/7s9H0oFS/drahen_mod_4.html

The mod helps  you to make a map if you end the map replace the mod to your orginal fille
[ BattleRealms.dat] 

And remember this what you most limit  is your imagination

TO MAKE A NIGHT IN A MAP YOU

SHOULD USE LIGHT FILE TERAIN FIRST[diffuse color only change] DIRECTOINAL LIGHT SHOULBE DARKER AND SECOND DIRECTIONAL LIGHT FIRST[diffuse color only change] OF LIGHT ALSO SHOULD  BE DARKER LIKE IN A PICTURE
I USE MY MAP ARCTICK CIRCLE TO SHOW YOU SNOW NIGHT

2i87lfk.jpg

NORMAL LIGHT MAP ARCTICK CIRCLE

https://forums.gamingterritory.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=1598&id=808&full=1

+ TO MAKE A SHADOWS IN A MAP SIMPLY GO TO SECTION OF LIGHT AND SET ORBS TO ANY DIRECTION 4 LIGHTS USE 3 WITHOUT FIRST ONE / [THE FIRST ONE ONLY LIGHT OBJECTS AND UNITS] TO CHECK PRESS ,,L'' BUTTON

Bush(2).rar

Edited by Gregor8356
  • Upvote 1

Great tutorial! Thanks for adding some information to mapmaking!

Hello again. I'm sorry but can I ask questions on customizing maps here? Or should I pm?

Question is related to the topic ,so of course

Okay. So.. I tried to create a simple custom map two days back. But it seems I can only see and edit the top edge of the map. I tried moving my cursor to the bottom, right and left of the map hoping it would move over to other edges for me to edit; I even tried zooming in, but my camera vision is only stuck at the top edge of the screen.

Do I need to show some screenshots to be clear?

Yeh that would be helpful but I think I know that case you're already max high its about 50+ if you want more need to manipulate with first and second square to activate press F1 to select and F2 to manipulate use exactly brushes to do exactly what you want

maybe I am wrong if you show the screens all should be clear

Edited by Gregor8356

Ahh.. Thanks. I will try it out asap. If it still doesn't work, I will get a few screenshots and post them here.

Ok cool

Good Tutorial. But there are much less objects in my "Place Objects" section. Can you tell me how to activate more of them? It would be cool to place things like buildings or troops, too.

Good Tutorial. But there are much less objects in my "Place Objects" section. Can you tell me how to activate more of them? It would be cool to place things like buildings or troops, too.

Thanks,

like above in tutorial this mod unlock such of things like trees efeckts and objects

when you do the map you can bring back your orginal file 

if you want more check out my last mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1N8178x3oA

of course some changes like units and buildings only work with my mod  :/ and are custom and all in one time can't be unlocked

Edited by Gregor8356

Okay. So.. I tried to create a simple custom map two days back. But it seems I can only see and edit the top edge of the map. I tried moving my cursor to the bottom, right and left of the map hoping it would move over to other edges for me to edit; I even tried zooming in, but my camera vision is only stuck at the top edge of the screen.

So your screen is stuck in a certain area? :blink:

Screenshots needed indeed... Or a video in this case?

Try this: Edit-> Program Options-> "Far Clip Plane" to the maximum. Tinker with the scroll speed a bit. Try switching to game camera view (G hotkey).

Edited by KoMiKoZa

I found it, sorry for the question. But thanks for the answer, it helped me a lot. Especially the little boulder pieces are perfect for meadows and light forest. I hope that will upgrade my editing skills a bit  :) .

I found it, sorry for the question. But thanks for the answer, it helped me a lot. Especially the little boulder pieces are perfect for meadows and light forest. I hope that will upgrade my editing skills a bit  :) .

For sure, soon I will upload a special map where are buildings and neutral Hero  units.The map is related to my last mod, with  normal file will nothing happen.

I will post here if I will be uploading the map I think there will be two maps 

remember to move on map use arrows, to zoom mouse  wheel to rotate the map use  right alt +arrows

and   press alt+P to set Far Clip Plane to 70%

I think that should  slow the problem

For sure, soon I will upload a special map where are buildings and neutral Hero  units.The map is related to my last mod, with  normal file will nothing happen.

I will post here if I will be uploading the map I think there will be two maps

So here they are : 

dedicated to my last  mod

https://forums.gamingterritory.com/topic/35711-the-eye-of-the-zeus7bre/

https://forums.gamingterritory.com/topic/35712-unforgeten-place-721g2abre/

Edited by Gregor8356

I tried to insert some FX like lilypattys, but the animations of those are not looped, so they disappear really quick. Is there a reason to change that without modding?

I tried to insert some FX like lilypattys, but the animations of those are not looped, so they disappear really quick. Is there a reason to change that without modding?

Hi ,
there is no way only to set very many

Hi again, i found a little problem: In the Worldmaster i can change the lighting of a map, but while play the lighting changes automatically to the custom lighting system. How can i tell Battle Realms to use my own system?

Hi ,

did you save, plese send me your map and tell me  what lithing effects should be 

Hi again, i found a little problem: In the Worldmaster i can change the lighting of a map, but while play the lighting changes automatically to the custom lighting system. How can i tell Battle Realms to use my own system?

Resolved

SHOULD USE LIGHT FILE TERAIN FIRST[diffuse color only change] DIRECTOINAL LIGHT SHOULBE DARKER AND SECOND DIRECTIONAL LIGHT FIRST[diffuse color only change] OF LIGHT ALSO SHOULD  BE DARKER LIKE IN A PICTURE

2i87lfk.jpg

I USE MY MAP ARCTICK CIRCLE TO SHOW YOU SNOW NIGHT

ORGINAL LIGHT

url=https://forums.gamingterritory.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=1598&id=808&full=1

Edited by Gregor8356

AND ALSO THIS TIPS

The desired LIGHTING IN THE GAME

THEN ON TERAIN DIRECTIONAL LIGHTS  PRESS OK PRESS - L-  BUTTON

NEXT ONE  DIRECTIONAL LIGHT THE SAME

WHEN NOTHING CHANGED

CLOSE MAP 

OPEN  MAP

MAKE THESAME BUT IN ANOTHER ORDER

On 9/22/2015 at 3:34 AM, Gregor8356 said:

Thanks,

like above in tutorial this mod unlock such of things like trees efeckts and objects

when you do the map you can bring back your orginal file 

if you want more check out my last mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1N8178x3oA

of course some changes like units and buildings only work with my mod  :/ and are custom and all in one time can't be unlocked

Hi do you have an updated link for drahen mod?

On 3.09.2017 at 0:43 PM, Joni32 said:

Hi do you have an updated link for drahen mod?

I have to find in my pc...

• Upvote 1