Cyber Elite

Getting harassed for being good.

So I was on the Payload Hightower Event server playing as usual until a player by the name of Vibe was calling me a Tryhard simply because my team had a winning streak and I was MVP. This quickly escalated when he started calling me a bronyfag and a horse basher, this brought the rest of his team members into harassing me and getting more desperate of killing me which was quickly getting on my nerves. I was in no cause of this to happen besides playing the game the way I usually do.

Hi Cyber,

Thanks for bringing this attention to the forums. I reviewed Vibe's chat logs and confirm what you mentioned. I'm sorry that you had to experience this.

Unfortunately, based on his entire logs, I view this as mild "chirping" and just general annoyance. It's not toxic, so it can't merit any disciplinary action. However, I did make a note about him.

• Upvote 3

Hi Cyber,

Thanks for bringing this attention to the forums. I reviewed Vibe's chat logs and confirm what you mentioned. I'm sorry that you had to experience this.

Unfortunately, based on his entire logs, I view this as mild "chirping" and just general annoyance. It's not toxic, so it can't merit any disciplinary action. However, I did make a note about him.

Thank you for your help Cash, it's really nice to know this community has caring admins like you.  ^_^

Also I forgot to mention I called an admin on the situation but I had to get off about 30 minutes afterwards when I was waiting for an admin to arrive, sorry about that.

Also I forgot to mention I called an admin on the situation but I had to get off about 30 minutes afterwards when I was waiting for an admin to arrive, sorry about that.

Yeah, we have a number of admins, who are good about answering those calls, but unfortunately we don't have 24/7 coverage.

If something happens again and you need an admin but no one answered the call, try sending a Steam message to an admin.  I know at least personally there are times I can't sit in the chat room and answer calls, but I can help on a case-by-case basis.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, we have a number of admins, who are good about answering those calls, but unfortunately we don't have 24/7 coverage.

If something happens again and you need an admin but no one answered the call, try sending a Steam message to an admin.  I know at least personally there are times I can't sit in the chat room and answer calls, but I can help on a case-by-case basis.

I see.

You and Cash are both added to my Steam account so I'll be sure to contact either of you if something like this occurs again. Thank you both for your offer of assistance.

Edited by Cyber Elite
  • Upvote 2

So I was on the Payload Hightower Event server playing as usual until a player by the name of Vibe was calling me a Tryhard simply because my team had a winning streak and I was MVP. This quickly escalated when he started calling me a bronyfag and a horse basher, this brought the rest of his team members into harassing me and getting more desperate of killing me which was quickly getting on my nerves. I was in no cause of this to happen besides playing the game the way I usually do.

This is the UK server I presume? Based on the bolder part ;). It is mildly amusing.

As long as they are not trying to abuse some feature (as in trying to votekick/ban you without reason). There's not much they can do. And if they were going to abuse that (without good reason) they would end up being dealt with. I suggest muting them and killing them as much as you possibly can. I hear that sort of thing helps makes certain people feel extra annoyed and useless. Which is probably not what I should be saying. But it is true.

• Upvote 4

This is the UK server I presume? Based on the bolder part ;). It is mildly amusing.

As long as they are not trying to abuse some feature (as in trying to votekick/ban you without reason). There's not much they can do. And if they were going to abuse that (without good reason) they would end up being dealt with. I suggest muting them and killing them as much as you possibly can. I hear that sort of thing helps makes certain people feel extra annoyed and useless. Which is probably not what I should be saying. But it is true.

Yes, it was the UK server.

I regret for not muting them back then to be honest, but the fact they become fully concentrated on killing me was what kinda got me annoyed, I had a feeling they would start taunting-after-every-kill which was something I wouldn't put up with which was kinda why I called an admin in case the situation got worse.

• Upvote 2

I regret for not muting them back then to be honest, but the fact they become fully concentrated on killing me was what kinda got me annoyed, I had a feeling they would start taunting-after-every-kill which was something I wouldn't put up with which was kinda why I called an admin in case the situation got worse.

you should've called up a buddy to pocket medic you and went hoovy ;)

Sorry to be bold, but you're on the internet. The internet is just full of people who have no lives and work incredibly hard to make other people unhappy on the internet. To be on the internet and be happy you need to have an exceptionally thick skin and a sense of humour, fact

I suggest laughing with them, or ignoring them. Both of which will annoy them more and ... you will win ;) 

• Upvote 3

I suggest laughing with them, or ignoring them. Both of which will annoy them more and ... you will win ;)

Kerb has a good point here.  When you kill them, try taunting back.  I can tell you from experience that it makes trolls so mad when I give 'em a taste of their own medicine.  ;)

• Upvote 1

Kerb has a good point here.  When you kill them, try taunting back.  I can tell you from experience that it makes trolls so mad when I give 'em a taste of their own medicine.   ;)

Just thinking about that is making me chuckle. I'll take your advice.  :D

• Upvote 1

you should've called up a buddy to pocket medic you and went hoovy ;)

I might know 2 people..  ^_^

IGN 10/10, Metascore 99/100.

• Upvote 1

Helltower uk right?

I'll try this out myself and see if they do the same the next days.

This happened a little while back, I never knew there was a Lotus clan forums, I was !votekick-ed over and over again for being Disruptive, there was only 2 other players on, and I was kicked about 5-7mins after joining (never really got to start playing). I was a noob at this point but I new how to play TF2 and really liked the server, this caused me to stop playing TF2 until about a week ago, AKA like 2+ years. I know this is old content but, like I said, Noob. You can see in the chat in the video that some really offensive, and quite hurtful stuff is said to me just because i want to play on that server. Heres that link, !votekick Abuse on Lotus Clan TF 2 server. If there was any way to find these players now, and discipline them, that would be awesome. But it will be a needle in a haystack, at this point.