D-Bee

The mystery of Nehalem

I was playing TF2 on the Lotus Badwater Texas server and some player named "Nehalem" joins and starts kicking my ass really bad. I got super curious about the person so I looked up what little information I could and did some digging (those Admin skills run deep it seems). Turns out, this player has been accused of cheating on multiple occasions and even name drops Nano as a witness to his/her legitimacy ( http://hyperiongaming.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1427;area=showposts;start=15).

So, I guess I'm asking if anyone remembers this guy or gal? Profile is set to private, but here's the number [u:1:15644733]

I'd like to play more games with this cat if they're legit, and if not I can at least offer a warning.

Yep. I do.  TBH I've played against this guy a few times, he's good, but more than good I would say he is smart. His play style is pretty much involving him hiding behind his team and getting a massive amount of frags. His aim is alright, but I think his best quality is his game sense and all around intelligence. I've always wondered if he isn't by chance an ALT of a former Lotus regular that kinda made people salty, one Phantom guy, that used to give people playing on Stacks #2 bad dreams, but I guess we'll never know. I am sure some of the NA crowd have a lot more experience and thoughts on this matter as they would've have played in Nehalem's company on more occasions. 

• Upvote 3

You should know the Nehalem can't be a girl.

There is no girls on the internet, and all kids are FBI Agents.

• Upvote 4

I played against this guy a few times and can pretty much echo Sa1t's comment.  I never really got the feeling he was a hacker myself, but I watched him for a bit when one or two started whining.  His play style is kind of Carol Verdeman, smart and sexy.  Personally I always preferred this Seven guys plays style which was like an unrequested and enforced motorboat from Pamela Anderson.

• Upvote 3

I've played quite a lot with him on the Borneo West Coast server a few months back, he's actually a pretty nice guy.

People just tend to get mad at his skills (he is ranked #1 on our servers atm with 189k points).

I think Dracco knows him as well, maybe even irl? Not sure anymore, asked him before but my memory is kinda lousy...

• Upvote 2

He had come up a lot in the past and I just took everyone's word that he was legit. One time I did spectate and didn't find anything. On that note since TF2 isn't the only game I play I just join another server when I see him on. I'd rather have fun than die all the time with the little time I put into TF2 anymore. He also has reported many bans to us as well with evidence so he is helpful. I think his most recent post was about a month ago.

• Upvote 2

UaRreie.png

He reports hackers pretty often and generally calls for admins when there is a problem on his server, which is great because he can usually distinguish between a good player and a hacker. I guess he is pretty good and does a lot of frags or points when playing, no idea. The only time I played against him, he left after like 10 minutes.

His aim, for scout at least, wasn't special though.

• Upvote 1

First off: Nehalem is a legitimate player.

I've reviewed countless (really I'd guess around 30) demos of him playing, that supposedly "show him hacking", but none have ever even shown a single indication of any kind of hack (i.e. no aimbot, no triggerbot, no wallhacks).  Some of the demos have been reviewed literally 1 game tick at a time, with both luop and I watching for anything at all.  Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I know, I couldn't believe it at first either, but he's not hacking.  Yes, as some of you noted I've played and talk with him quite a bit.  His game sense is fantastic, which is why he is able to keep such a high K/D, killstreak, etc.  He mainly plays sniper or scout, but play others on occasion.

Also, as noted previously, he does indeed call for admins when there are hackers, and many times will post here in the ban section if an admin is not available.  So far, every single report of his has lead to a ban, because he is able to recognise a good player versus someone who is hacking.

If you want the challenge, try playing against him.  He's pretty much always set to "offline" on Steam, but he does play quite a bit on our Payload servers.  If you don't like playing against people like that, just join another server (as Hellfire does  <3), there's really nothing wrong with that.

Finally, he doesn't like being called a hacker (rightfully so), and will usually leave a server when the accusations start flying.  As such, it may seem suspicious when someone calls for an admin because of him "hacking", then he leaves shortly after.

• Upvote 3

Thanks guys, I know I recognized the name from somewhere. I'll do my best to make friends and see what happens. 

• Upvote 1