MrDongles

The Division

So with The Addition coming out in a month I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the game.

I personally enjoyed most of The Multiplication beta when it was active. The game ran with a few bugs and I crashed once though. One time I had textures rotate 90to where the floor or wall would project into the sky if I angled my camera just right. Near the end of the beta it was found that altering your files you could control how much health, ammo, reloading, crit chance, speed, etc you could have. Apparently the Ubisoft servers did not check if client information sent was authentic or fell into certain parameters. So some people used this in the PvP zone (Dark Zone) and in the process also became invisible because the server did not know their exact position. The game also seems to be poorly optimized as my CPU usage was always above 90%. Maybe I just have a shit processor idk. Although there are many other bugs I would like to think most of them would be fixed by launch.

As for game play I mostly enjoyed the experience. I don't mind the "bullet sponge" enemies even when the game is in a realistic setting. The UI looked good but it is a bit cluttered and navigation and certain actions should be simplified and shortened. Since they restricted the skills and level cap in the beta to be so low it gives me the feeling that The Subtraction will not have much depth to it. We started out at level 4 and got to level 8 (cap) quite quickly. From what I've seen the highest level is 30 from other gameplay. I'm hoping that hitting the level cap will not be so easy. With the very limited missions, levels, gear, skills I got somewhat bored in the beta. The Dark Zone made the fun last a bit longer but not much. I hope the longevity of the game is not depended on the Dark Zone. I also think it should have been called a demo rather than a beta.

End game material hasn't been revealed yet. It's all just speculation by the community, which is mostly bad. You don't want to always say all the details of a game, I understand that. That could drive some people to not buy it. But there is still a month left for information to "leak" or be released. Recently Ubisoft announced that some monthly activities would be only available to Season Pass owners. What those activities would be, I don't know.

After the beta I have more questions than answers. The gunplay and overall gameplay is mostly average and doesn't really shine or do better than other games in its genre. Overall I'm still on the fence if I should get it. Maybe I'm just looking for a new game to fill my time and that's why I'll get it if I do. Not a good reason because then I'll be done with it after a month then the next new game comes out.

So what do you think about The NumeratorLogarithmic, Division?

• Upvote 3

It looks good tbh,I haven't played it myself yet, but I'm a sucker for rpgish * games, I'll probably give it a month or 2 after release before idecide to get it

• Upvote 1

Seen a few streamers play it, it looks pretty damn good...too many good games around at the moment I can't keep up.

• Upvote 1

Played it with Dongles during the Beta. We pretty much did everything the beta had to offer in a few hours. It got old quick but everything was still locked. Aft watching a few more videos I realized I missed it already. Looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

An open beta was announced a bit ago. Feb. 18-21 for Xbone and Feb. 19-21 for PC/PS4. So if anyone wants to try it out that's the time.

It looks great, seems on paper to have some very interesting game play...I'm hearing there is a lot of repetition and the AI is pretty dumb to say the least. What do you think of it now it's out?

So I've now got 40 hours odd game play under my belt in 5 days, I've got a lvl 20 character and a lvl 17, so I've played the first half off the map twice (bf isn't letting me play on without him but I couldn't leave the game alone). The missions are all different and unique, side mission and encounters are a little repeatative - hostage rescue, securing supplies, killing targets etc, but that's expected. No different to playing 2fort or dust 2 for the 1000th time.

I like the variety, you can choose to do different upgrades at your base to your mates, causing variation to your characters abilities, there's a lot of different types of item and weapon. My bf has gone down the AK toting high health balls deep all in route, and I'm a medically inclined squishy sniper (who constantly has to save his ass).

The story line is pretty awesome, some evil dude makes a small pox type thing for lols, government awakens the division to try and sort it out. Some other party tries to kill everyone. Some fights in game are between 3-4 parties which is quite fun. Thugs, cleaners, JtF, your own squad, others agents etc.

Outside of the story line is the dark zone, with its own levelling system. Allows pvp and pve, with every pve enemy being a mini boss or boss, it's harder. You can't just walk out the door with loot either, you have to call a chopper in and fight to get your gear out. Dying means losing everything you looted plus money and xp.

The story has nice depth to it. There's a lot of shit to read and watch, loads of phone calls to listen to, people's lives to hear about. Some of its a little grim, I'm quite squeamish, it's not all happy!

For me, it relates most to borderlands in terms of rpg and style, with the look and feel of battlefield. I've been asked multiple times by people 'is it worth it?' And I'll asnswer the same every time. If you have the money to throw away on it and you'll think you'll play it, go for it. I only got it cos my bf asked me to, I didn't think I would like if, now I play it more than him!

• Upvote 2

My bf has gone down the balls deep route

Dayum Domino

[back to reading the rest of your post now]

It looks decent, I heard the AI is a bit linear and it's kind of grindy. I really like the look to the graphics though and the firefights look pretty intense.

I'm not convinced enough yet to jump in though...not yet. Also...Doom is coming soon so when that arrives I'll be probably AFK for a bit.

• Upvote 1

For me, it's a 'daddy or chips' scenario.

Division or Doom?

It's gonna be Doom every time.

• Upvote 2

For me, it's a 'daddy or chips' scenario.

Division or Doom?

It's gonna be Doom every time.

Doom 3...scariest game I've ever played...and just a great blaster.

I didn't think I would like if, now I play it more than him!

I have a friend that was in the same boat and ended up getting it since everyone else in our group did.  He loves it now.

I have 81 hours in it so far and maxed out just one character in all high-end gear.  Thought about making a new one but there is no real benefit to that yet for me.  You do get 3 daily missions once you reach max level.  Those keep you busy for a little bit, but other then that, there is only the Dark Zone to go to.  Dark Zone is tense but at the same time with expandable bags and all the loot that drops from the DZ.  You will find yourself extracting only 3 times before your stash is full and have to leave and clear it out.

I feel the game is worth it and I think there is supposed to be an update for the game this month already to add "Incursions" which are supposed to be "Raids".  They follow the formula of a MMORPG to level up, gain abilities, and get better gear but it is much more simplified then a traditional MMORPG.  With a lot coming to the pipeline in the next year, it will be nice to see how the game evolves to last in the long run.  Even though I took a week off of work to play it and its been out a week, its lacking end game stuff.  I would just recommend taking your time and enjoy the game.

• Upvote 1

Even though I took a week off of work to play it 

#dedicated

or an argument could be made for borderline stupid

#dedicated

or an argument could be made for borderline stupid

When you, you know, grow up and move out of mums house and get a job, and dont have 3 months off every year with a 9-3 day, you'll appreciate taking a week off work to play games far more. 

• Upvote 5

When you, you know, grow up and move out of mums house and get a job, and dont have 3 months off every year with a 9-3 day, you'll appreciate taking a week off work to play games far more. 

When, you, you know, don't get to play games during the week and have 2 hours in the past 2 weeks compared to your 92.5, you actually probably would appreciate it a lot more

Edited by koKo_

Wow shit got weird in here...anyway...this is a pretty funny review I saw

• Upvote 1

Wow shit got weird in here...anyway...this is a pretty funny review I saw

good old dunky 

good old dunky

The bit where he says "New York one week after Trump became president" and the Tom Clancey bit at the end cracked me up.

• Upvote 1