Cyber Elite

Can I post recruitment threads?

Me and my friends are running a group together and we want to recruit more people to our group.

However I'm having some issues here:

• I don't know where is the most suitable to post the thread about it on this site.
  • I have posted a thread advertising our group on the Lotus Steam group, however it got removed soon after. I'm assuming that the group doesn't accept group advertising so I'm curious if that rule is set on this site too.

Thanks.

Using another groups forums to advertise your own group

Ze7MUHL.jpg

• Upvote 4

Guest Guest

What kind of group is it?

It's a group called 'The WonderBolts'. It's aimed towards brony gamers (like myself) to form as a multiplayer team and to discuss relevant topics on the My Little Pony series.

We also have a secondary group built around Counter Strike: Global Offensive which we use to host and form as a team in competitive matches aswell as other activities such as 1v1 matches and to assist others with Gemini (Co-op) missions.

It's a group called 'The WonderBolts'. It's aimed towards brony gamers (like myself) to form as a multiplayer team and to discuss relevant topics on the My Little Pony series.

We also have a secondary group built around Counter Strike: Global Offensive which we use to host and form as a team in competitive matches aswell as other activities such as 1v1 matches and to assist others with Gemini (Co-op) missions.

Sorry that was me signed in as a guest.

I have posted a thread advertising our group on the Lotus Steam group, however it got removed soon after. I'm assuming that the group doesn't accept group advertising so I'm curious if that rule is set on this site too.

There's always someone moderating the group(s) deleting those russian spam links, etc. If it got removed there.. it's a good rule of thumb to apply here on the forums.

It was me who deleted the thread. As Troll said, using another groups forums (/steam community site) to advertise your own group is maybe not the best idea.

No worries tho, i only removed the thread, did not ban you from posting or anything like that.

We will be playing and messing around in other multiplayer games such as Osu, Team Fortress 2 and Civilization.

It was me who deleted the thread. As Troll said, using another groups forums (/steam community site) to advertise your own group is maybe not the best idea.

No worries tho, i only removed the thread, did not ban you from posting or anything like that.

There's always someone moderating the group(s) deleting those russian spam links, etc. If it got removed there.. it's a good rule of thumb to apply here on the forums.

I understand. Sorry to bother you guys and thanks for the replies. I'll see if me and my friend can find other ways of advertising our group.