JB.

Meet your Match

This years summer update was released today and with it come many new features, including matchmaking.

meetyourmatch.png

Official update page.

Opinions?

If anyone wants to play some games, send me an invite :)

• Upvote 1

Update in a nutshell:
"A player has abandoned the game, it is now safe to leave without penalty"

• Upvote 1

TF2 subreddit is going crazy right now lol. Every other post is about how removing Quickplay was an awful decision and that Casual needs to be improved. Part of their front page right now:

ba604406c6.png

its pretty brutal.. i had a little time this morning to test it out.. the first game i waited 22 minutes and got in a king of the hill game that lasted 12 minutes.. next time i waited 34 minutes for another king of the hill game that lasted 10 minutes.. then 17 minutes for 2fort that was over in 10 minutes.. final one was a 15 minute wait for some ctf map i never played and it was over in less than 5 minutes.

I think valve is too late with comp

• Upvote 3

I think valve is too late with comp

Called it....with just about everyone else

The irony in that advert...

Untitled.jpg

LOL, you can't make this up...yes Valve, there are "apes" who did it faster, and these people work at Blizzard...

"MATCHMAKING - Ever since the first apes climbed out of the trees, there were apes who did it faster."

http://www.teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch/

• Upvote 5

I will give it a week before passing judgement, but if what I read about the update is true...you wouldn't have to play with retarded noobs anymore.

Valve have a track record of turning off the taps for people playing TF2. No more Valve generic servers you can just connect to might mean people who like mess around, play "friendly", etc might come back to the community servers...otherwise they're running out of places to play. I just don't understand Valve...its like they're "thanks for the feedback, we're going to do it our way regardless"...that's probably a push actually as they don't even say thanks, they just do it anyway.

Now that it's been a bit and I've had a chance to try everything out I can safely say that it's garbage.

What should have been implemented is a ranking system based upon average performance per life so you could be matched with players of a similar skill set. What we got was some kind of point based nonsense that's effectively meaningless, as anyone can attain a high rank by playing a lot of games. The "competitive" play is pay to play, which is a great start...but again, ANYONE can buy that ticket and get thrown in a game with you.

• Upvote 2

Can anyone please explain this to me.

Using the blutsauger, and I'm literally fuggin point-blank on someone and it registers NO shots. A child on Ritalin could hit the shots.

Is this due to the update?

I think it's safe to say that both TF2 and Overwatch competitive modes are disasters (up for discussion)

• Upvote 2

I think it's safe to say that both TF2 and Overwatch competitive modes are disasters (up for discussion)

TF2 competitive was a joke from the beginning. That's what you get when you try to push a "serious" game mode on a mostly free to play casual audience. I haven't touched Overwatch competitive since the day the mode came out. The rules in place, and some bugs, never gave a sense of satisfaction or fairness (maybe not the right word) even when winning. The slow progression of rank, people leaving, and coin flip/sudden death things deterred me from playing it. I cannot see TF2 competitive ever becoming good unless they start from scratch. OW will eventually be good but I'm not touching it until that point.

• Upvote 2

TF2 competitive was a joke from the beginning. That's what you get when you try to push a "serious" game mode on a mostly free to play casual audience. I haven't touched Overwatch competitive since the day the mode came out. The rules in place, and some bugs, never gave a sense of satisfaction or fairness (maybe not the right word) even when winning. The slow progression of rank, people leaving, and coin flip/sudden death things deterred me from playing it. I cannot see TF2 competitive ever becoming good unless they start from scratch. OW will eventually be good but I'm not touching it until that point.

It's not as bad as all that now.  I've had zero leavers in any of my games so far and they've been generally pretty balanced and close games, certainly GGs.

Talking about OW by the way.  Maybe I have been lucky though.

As always tf2 were too late with comp

• Upvote 2

i played a lot of tf2 and i gotta say i love pinging my badge when waiting for a game, for me this update has had some positive effects because its expanded my map pool from only playing harvest forever

i dont like losing my score if i crash and rejoin the game tho, thats annoying

havent tried matchmaking yet

this post is late