fever

Somewhat try hard

Looks like OW is going to be my main game for a while so looking for regular players for season 2 and onwards.  I'm mainly looking elsewhere but thought I'd post here too just in case.  This isn't a team, just regular team mates who know they're putting regular hours into a game so want to try and get a bit more out if it, not just grind hours/games.

What I'm looking for ideally (also applies to me obviously):

Fairly reliable players who play 3 of 4 times a week for a couple of hours, mostly ranked.  Want to take it somewhat seriously.  Can tell me when I fuck up to help me improve.  Willing to accept advice from others, calls from an in game leader (whoever that is) without drama.  That sort of stuff.

What I'm not looking for:

When we team up for ranked we're not just grinding games/hours, just playing casual.  Bullshit, giving "advice" by being a dick, etc.  People who aren't actively interested in competitive (you're wanting a bit more than just a higher skill rank).  Shit like that.

Send me a private message if you're interested.

Cheers :)

Edited by fever
  • Upvote 1

Send me a private message if you're interested.

kinky :ph34r:

Edited by Troll
  • Upvote 2

What times do you normally play?  I don't think I have you on b.net yet.  I want to get into more ranked when season 2 starts up in September.  Not sure how the time difference or ping will work out when that time comes.  Just got back into Ranked last night with a full team and we did fairly well.  We were all open in communication and probably won 7 out 10 of our games.  

• Upvote 1

What times do you normally play?  I don't think I have you on b.net yet.  I want to get into more ranked when season 2 starts up in September.  Not sure how the time difference or ping will work out when that time comes.  Just got back into Ranked last night with a full team and we did fairly well.  We were all open in communication and probably won 7 out 10 of our games.

Normally play around 6-8PM GMT, which I think would be around 11-1PM for you? The only issue would probably be the ping. Having said that I've played TF2 West coast before with no noticeable lag.

Given how new the game is, at the moment I'm just working on my game sense really.

I think I've added you in the US region, you just need to add me in the EU.

Fever#21498

That is 6 hours ahead of me so that would be 12-2pm for me.  Problem is I usually get off of work at 2pm my time.  The team I play with is okay but the leader is a Streamer and level 200+ but doesn't have the knowledge yet to know what each class does well.  They only play with what they are good with so no one can switch to what the team needs and adapt too.  I feel decent and comfortable with all classes in the game (besides Bastion because he's terrible) but I can't switch to something else if they can't switch to compensate.  The only good thing we had going was decent communication.  For example after I got off for the night last night, they continued with ranked and in several matches and Pharah was a huge problem for them and kept complaining.  Issue was they had no counters to Pharah.  There are 6 decent classes that can counter a Pharah and no one could play those classes and as a result they lost those matches.  

• Upvote 1

The team I play with is okay but the leader is a Streamer and level 200+ but doesn't have the knowledge yet to know what each class does well. They only play with what they are good with so no one can switch to what the team needs and adapt too.........For example after I got off for the night last night, they continued with ranked and in several matches and Pharah was a huge problem for them and kept complaining. Issue was they had no counters to Pharah. There are 6 decent classes that can counter a Pharah and no one could play those classes and as a result they lost those matches.

Yeah, he sounds a little like me, I only play a handful of classes/heros but so far it's been fine. I've been playing some matches with some French/Italian guys. Not sure it's going to work though.

Wow, between five of them they no one could cover one of the six classes?

I've only been in two clans and the first was competitive first of all but became very social as we all got along very well, so we'd meet up. I'm looking to get back to that ideally, rather than Lotus which is purely social and no competitive side.

Edited by fever

Obviously I'm not on much apart from late evenings and apart from days off, but I'm happy to play srs bns, on days off/ evenings if your on late

Edited by Troll

I would like to join too, or give it a try but I'm moving to Canada in few weeks for a year. I heard the connections are pretty bad over there and I don't know if I will able to play with my studies and the 6h delay :/
Good luck!

• Upvote 1

I want to join. I'm actually interested in getting better than where I am now. Teaming up with randoms who throw the games or just don't go after the payloads is horrific or just leave the game.

My rank is horrific too at the moment because of it -.-

When does the second season start anyway

• Upvote 1

When does the second season start anyway

a little bit over a week

a little bit over a week

Actually ends on the 17th and they said they would do a 2 week break before a new season starts.  So at least 3 weeks away.

• Upvote 1

Still enough time to "train" in casual mode really. To be honest, most of the time I'll try out different heroes. Trying to figure out properly what they do, like Ana. Just need to get the hang of her

I'll probably go super try hard the first 4 weeks and then by then I'll probably be as high as I can get and then just go yolo

I'm actually playing in a french team made of friends or people we met in game. If you wants some tips about the ranked as 6, I think Fever is already thinking about all the possibilities but anyway, just in case :
- You absolutly need a Team Leader or two, because you cannot lead if you are a flanker like Junkrat, Pharah, Tracer etc.. etc... The Leader must the heal or the tank of the group, (it's better if it's a Zarya or a Reinhardt). The heal must be the second leader, but only the second. Choose the less salty of you guys !

-Information is the key, if your teammate just yell "I DARE YOU FUCKIN MEI, FUCK !" instead of saying where she is, ask instantly. Everyone in the team must give information (and maybe use a push to talk if they can't play without yelling. (I do it myself too, I know)

- The leader must give target to focus or order to apply, you don't need to be a great strategist or a SC2 pro player to give a clear order, just the fact of everyone knows what to do is enough against the other team.

- Everyone should know how to play 3 or 4 characters and in each category, tank, dps, flanker and healer. Don't play only one character because there is always someone to counter you in any situation. If you can't do anything with your Reinhardt, just change, but don't blame your counter or teammate because of it.

-Flanking Order : The leader must tell to One or 2 flankers to flank when the point is clear, by their name, not just "Someone could go flank them please", say the name because if you don't, everyone is going for it. 4 People is enough to keep a point if one or two guys of your team are flanking at the same time.

-And the last tips, probably one of the main problem I saw in my team or in game. Don't play like the pro team if you're not sure about what you're doing or if your team hasn't the knowledge about it. It's cool to watch seagull or TviQue playing on twitch, watch some TakeTV tournament or read some forums about team composition or place you have to be to defend well. But nothing goes like you wanted to go. Even the other team will not attack by the way you expect they should. So chill out until the rank 65/70, you're not in a tournament, people will not play like you wanted to play, just stay focus and alert of what happen around you even if you have to change your strategy.

PS : Constitute your team now and play in ranked until the end of the season to prepare yourself for the next. The end season gift is the highest rank you reach, so you can throw your rank for the moment.

I think you already read somewhere else 90% of what I'm saying but maybe it will help.
Good luck !

Edited by Ctrl-Z
  • Upvote 2

Good post. You get the best out of your team when they listen...too often you see someone overextended and you tell them to pull back and it's either too late or you just get excuses...again and again and again like they never learn. Something I need to remember to do is make calls like "behind reaper", rather than "reaper behind" because you can react quicker to the first. Half a second quite often can save your arse.

OUt of curiosity, is this still up? It's usually Obvi and myself playing and I really like to learn a bit more and get better (aka ranked)

It would be fun if we could team up every now and then for ranked or just fun?

I haven't played much in season two, I've been playing other stuff...I think people are still playing but we all play in our little groups.  If you ever want to play just join the usual mumble channel at weekends (not sure what happened to the Lotus one).  I'm not playing team games daily like I once was though.

2 hours ago, fever said:

I haven't played much in season two, I've been playing other stuff...I think people are still playing but we all play in our little groups.  If you ever want to play just join the usual mumble channel at weekends (not sure what happened to the Lotus one).  I'm not playing team games daily like I once was though.

"I used to play Teamgames like you, but then i got Dota 2 into the knee."

• Upvote 1