Mana

Forum Upgrade to IPS Community Suite v4.1.14.3

With IPB 3.4.8 nearing end of life it seemed like now was a good time to get the forums fixed up and switched over to the newer version.
Due to our Battle Realms downloads switching to another forum suite was not a good option. As there was no easy way to convert them into another suite.

At the moment our forum software is missing some of the features that we used before. Which is why I have taken this long to update. Usually I'm one of the first to get on the latest version but in this case it was different. There also some new things included as well and other things are the same just changed somewhat.

I'm aware of some of the missing things/permission issues and will try to restore what I can over the next week. But feel free to post your comments/concerns here and I'll try to see what I can do and get back to you.

• Upvote 4

If you are having problems logging in, try resetting your password.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Obvious said:

If you are having problems logging in, try resetting your password.

Passwords should have been converted. But that and clearing cookies won't hurt things either if there are some login issues.

I will also be working on the forum layout. Because as it is now... it doesn't really work. :P

• Upvote 1

No problems with password or anything so far.  Just going to poke around a bit and see if I spot anything.  Only thing I noticed so far is no signatures but pretty sure you're aware of that.

No password issues either. Seems like you login with your display name now.

1 hour ago, JB. said:

No password issues either. Seems like you login with your display name now.

Also you can login with your email as well.

Also, it seems to eat posts. xD

And notifications.

And whatnot.

News at 9.

5 hours ago, koKo_ said:

Dang this new UI is sleek, but yeah status updates?

6 hours ago, Ultimate said:

Is there anywhere to see status updates on the new version? 

Yes there are, a few. I added them back to the index as well.

10 hours ago, Dr. Obvious said:

Also, it seems to eat posts. xD

And notifications.

And whatnot.

News at 9.

Do elaborate.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

Do elaborate.

I was missing notifications from stuff posted, including this thread.

1 hour ago, Dr. Obvious said:

I was missing notifications from stuff posted, including this thread.

Is it still a problem?

I seem to get notifications for direct replies, but not for posts in topics i subscribed.

Or did they change something? Like, you have to re-subscribe or something?

34 minutes ago, Dr. Obvious said:

I seem to get notifications for direct replies, but not for posts in topics i subscribed.

Or did they change something? Like, you have to re-subscribe or something?

The way that works did change. So check if you are still subscribed. I thought it got converted over. Or at least it mentioned during the upgrade that there was a change to the way it works... don't recall exactly.

No problems with password or anything so far.  Just going to poke around a bit and see if I spot anything.  Only thing I noticed so far is no signatures but pretty sure you're aware of that.

When I try to reply to this thread it puts my earlier post in this thread in the text box, weird.   <---- This is only happening on my tablet though, even with "desktop site" selected.

I just wanted to say I like how now you can paste YouTube links and it auto imbeds them....OMG HIS SHITPOSTING IS OVER 9000

Edited by fever

Oh yeah....you can't see how many reach arounds you get from your posts any more.  I only get notifications of replies rather than likes and stuff but that's not a big deal.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mana said:

The way that works did change. So check if you are still subscribed. I thought it got converted over. Or at least it mentioned during the upgrade that there was a change to the way it works... don't recall exactly.

It's in the settings.

The new default is to pnly email notification about stuff in threads you follow. The other option has to be set in the notification settings.
Also, some of the options are disabled by administrator... like getting a notification when a report is posted. Maybe look into that? I don't really want to look through my spam folder of my email account every day... x)

1 hour ago, Dr. Obvious said:

It's in the settings.

The new default is to pnly email notification about stuff in threads you follow. The other option has to be set in the notification settings.
Also, some of the options are disabled by administrator... like getting a notification when a report is posted. Maybe look into that? I don't really want to look through my spam folder of my email account every day... x)

Made some changes for the notifications. Should have more options available now.

12 hours ago, fever said:

When I try to reply to this thread it puts my earlier post in this thread in the text box, weird.   <---- This is only happening on my tablet though, even with "desktop site" selected.

I just wanted to say I like how now you can paste YouTube links and it auto imbeds them....OMG HIS SHITPOSTING IS OVER 9000

What browser is the tablet using?

4 hours ago, Mana said:

Made some changes for the notifications. Should have more options available now.

What browser is the tablet using?

Chrome 52.0.2743.98

Just had another slightly odd thing happen (on my tablet).  I quoted the last post on a page and it quoted the wrong post, it actually quoted a post about 5 or 6 posts further up the page.  Weird.

Overall though I'm very happy so far :)

Edited by fever
extra info

5 hours ago, fever said:

Just had another slightly odd thing happen (on my tablet).  I quoted the last post on a page and it quoted the wrong post, it actually quoted a post about 5 or 6 posts further up the page.  Weird.

Overall though I'm very happy so far :)

you have so many problems with your tablet i think it might be you :ph34r: Kappa

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Troll said:

you have so many problems with your tablet i think it might be you :ph34r: Kappa

It's the fondleslab, I'm not that old xD