Lord Kenji Oja

Through The Eyes Of The Zen Masters

Ive got a huge essay on, so I will do so very soon. Why the hell am I on this forum when I supposed to be doing my essay? Im addicted! Noooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooo

o.

As Kenji entered the wooden province of banded archers, crossbowmans, swordmans, and bandits, he knew he had to find the Captain, and nothing more.

Immediatly after he, Otomo, and their small group of peasants entered the woods, an arrow came flying into one of the peasants' heads. He was dead soon after. Kenji ran to where the arrow came from as quick as he could to find out who was the killer, Otomo not far behind. The remaining peasant was charged to start building a camp near the rice field that Otomo saw earlier.

As Kenji darted to his target, his sweat poored off of his body and onto his clothes. A little sweat didn't matter to him however, he just simply wiped it off and continued to his destination. When Kenji finally reached the archer who had fired the perfectly aimed arrow, he was dead. Kenji wondered what was going on, and he knew immediatly there was a trap. As he moved toward the dead archer, he stepped on something. In a few seconds Kenji found himself in a net in the trees. His sword, underneath him. Then two well built bandits came out of the brush and laughed at Kenji's innocent mistake.

Right before Otomo made it to the scene he heard the bandits laughing and hid himself behind a tree and some brush. He saw the two bandits and Kenji trapped in the net. What next he thought to himself?

Kenji soon improvised. Drawing a tanto, hidden in his boot, he quickly slashed away the net. As he fell, he turned the dagger over and plummeted toward the bandits. Before the two could ready their crossbows, Kenji was on them. His first blow has his tanto in a bandit's neck, blood already starting to spurt.

The second bandit was stunned by a kick to the face as Kenji came upon his first victim, and staggered backward. Withdrawing his tanto from the first bandit's neck, Kenji's eyes flashed at the second bandit. The bandit had drawn his curved sword and was preparing an attack. Kenji was ready. Kenji dashed forward, grabbing the wrist of the Bandit's sword-arm with his left, and stabbing the bandit in the stomach with his other hand.

Utilizing acrobatics, Kenji flipped over the bandit and pulled the bandit's torso with him, the Bandit's feet remaining planted. Kenji landed with the bandit's back arched to the brink.

"Say hello to my father", growled Kenji, before stabbing the bandit at the base of his skull. "Hm. Child's play", said Kenji, cleaning then sheathing his tanto and picking up his sword.

"Otomo", ordered Kenji, "Get the peasants near a rice patch and have them build a Peasant Hut. The odds are these woods are infested with Bandits and archers. We need to establish a base and train our peasants into warriors. I want every peasant to have Spear training. The odds are, Konato will have found out about our arrival and will soon send his Cavalry out to attack us."

Several weeks passed as the peasants laboured continously to build the huts and collect the rice. Kenji and Otomo were acutely aware of the distant firelights of the dark: always catching a glimpse of the figure before the fire was put out. When the men slept they always heard the dark whispers of the night, always plotting...

On the second month of their landing, the warriors raised their weapons towards the sky. At last, the dojo was complete, and they could begin training warriors.

Only certain men of the peasantry were picked to go train under the might of Otomo. The most gaunt men were left in the rice paddies to learn strength, and the ones with the power gained with years of hard labour and burning self-determination were allowed into the ranks.

A small squad of these men were led up the hill to be given their naginatas. Afterwards, they announced their eternal allegiance to the Clan and swore an oath to protect it at any cost. As they went back to the Dojo to be taught their first lesson, the men realised the true meaning of being a man, much like the way the caterpillar finally acheives grace as a Butterfly through sacrifice.

Several weeks passed as the peasants laboured continously to build the huts and collect the rice.

OoC: Several hours passed as the peasants laboured continously to build the huts and collect the rice.

Fix'd. By the time "several weeks" had passed, Konato would have sent riders to Shinja for reinforcements, and Kenji and Otomo would have been crushed.

IC: "Otomo", said Kenji after several hours pf watching Otomo train the peasants in the Dojo, "Get the men ready." It was around 5 in the afternoon, and the sun was starting its path towards Sunset. "Scouts have reported that Konato is sending a detachment of his cavalry across the river. We need to makke use of those spears. If one Swordsman makes it past our base, the odds are Shinja will send reinforcements within the hour."

"Lord", replied Otomo, giving his trainees the order to don their armour and prepare for battle, "These men are ready at your command."

"As you wish", said Kenji, donning a pair of battle gauntlets and placing his katana in his backpack-sheathe. "After we drive off the cavalry, we need to salvage their horses and charge Konato's base camp. Have the Spearmen use the Dragon's Strength style and technique to target ONLY the riders. If we can get horses, we'll be able to take down Konato by sunset."

... Yeah, you could say that making a house takes several hours :)

But I put that 'countinous whisper in the wind' part to denote Konato and his goons were ready... And is this an RPG or just a story we all continue?

No big deal. I will introduce other characters to make the story more

OoC: Alright, futsalfred, lets see how good your Battle Depiction skills are. I'm going to start the battle, but you direct a bulk of it and finish it up, ok?

IC: The Calvarymen came close, their katanas flashing and glinting in the fading light.

"CHARGE", cried Kenji, pointing his katana toward the Calvarymen. The spearmen burst forth, their spears flashing and their new training and discipline, they charged, and they met the Shock Trooper Calvary head-on.

Hmm, so you are online LKO? I will see how I make of this battle scene...

The Cavalry charged down the mountain, the hooves of the horses amalgamating with the cries of the men. War banners arise, the wind blew in their faces and circled the fear.

The spearmen felt their spearheads pierce the flesh of their desecrators, long before the stabbed got theirs. A tight formation of spearmen and the forest surrounding the battlefield meant the death of Konato's cavalry was imminent. Much in the way of two trees crashing in a thunderstorm, the armies clashed and the cries of the men echoed through the fields. Konato's army faced grave losses and they quickly knew how to turn the tide of battle. The cavalry, with their superior speed, thundered back into the open, leading Kenji's army to follow.

Kenji's army foolishly pursued, rage and fury in their hearts. But the realised their folly. Now in the open, they were susceptible to being surrounded by the cavalry, and now that their formation was broken, they needed re-organisation.

Meanwhile, NOBODY was lurking around, checking what was happening.

OoC: Pretty good. However, Shinja isn't at this battle. He's still at Hilltop Village in his keep.

IC: The army had done quite well, and the cavalry had fallen back to their base.

Surveying the fallen and dead, Kenji and Otomo stood with their spearmen.

"No horses survived, lord", said Otomo sullenly, as peasants from their village swarmed out and stripped the dead cavalrymen of their armour, swords, rice, and gold. These would be needed to finance, arm, feed, and train Kenji's army later, when it grew larger for total conquest.

"Dammit, I thought I ordered them to spare the horses", growled Kenji, kicking a fallen Swordsman's helmet in a brief spurt of fury. He would need to reprimand the Spearmen later for being so careless. "Otomo, we're pushing forward. Send orders back to the base to continue training Spearmen, we'll need some reserves if worst comes to worst."

Kenji wiped off his sword and sheathed it, turning to his army that was currently reveling in some of the spoils.

"Listen up, all of you", called Kenji from the top of a ledge after crossing up the ramp that led to the top of the hill, Otomo at his side, "You can revel in what you've taken from your fallen enemies later. We need to push forth and wipe out Konato's base! When we do, it will be the first sign that the Dragon has returned!!!"

Amidst cheering from his soldiers, Kenji waved his army forward, who now had extra armour, weapons, and food scavenged from the fallen cavalrymen. Now, Kenji's small army had swords in their arsenal.

"Otomo, push North, through the forest. There will be archers there, but there's also a back entrance to Konato's camp", ordered Kenji.

"As you wish, lord", replied Otomo.

OoC: Crap, forgot some extra paragraphs!!!

IC: Meanwhile, sitting in the top floor of his tavern in his base, Konato was sitting on some cushions in his personal quarters, enjoying tea. He was positive that the cavalry he'd sent would have wiped out those meager rebels. However, he didn't know that Kenji led the army, not just Otomo.

"General Konato", cried a messenger from the front, who had scurried into the tavern, "A message from your cavalry dispatch!"

"Ah, news of victory", replied Konato, a little smug.

"The entire dispatch was wiped out", exclaimed the messenger, "and scouts report that the Rebels are marching forward!"

"WHAT", yelled Konato, standing up and accidentally hitting his table, spilling sake and tea everywhere. Quickly calming himself, Konato quickly went to his war room in the back, with a map of the Land with a large map of his province. "We must mobilize the legions. I want every soldier in this village and in the base to be on high alert, fully armed, and ready to do battle!"

Otomo headed North. He knew that these archers that Kenji talked about would be valuable allies. Deadly aim and battle experience that the army most needed would be supplied with the aquirance of these soldiers. As Otomo marched forward with his small band of spearmen he heard something moving in the bushes. Otomo sent a spearman forward to take a look. The spearman screamed and then immediatly ran back to Otomo and the other spearmen. Three well built men walked out of the brush.

One of them walked forward and said "We are the three dragon warriors of the East. We come from the Dragon Spire and we are looking for a man named Kenji. We have an important message for him.'

Otomo said "I am Otomo, I don't know why you want to speak to Kenji but I will take you to him. But first you must help me."

One of the dragon warriors said "If it brings us to Kenji then we will do what you say. If it harms us or leads us away from Kenji then you won't live long. The Dragon watches over us and protects our souls against evil."

Otomo said in a more cowardly voice "I need to find a band of archers to the North. Kenji sent me to fetch them for, we are in the mist of a rebellion against Kanato and his army. We need to defeat Kanato to get to Shinja."

The same dragon warrior as before said "We will help you Otomo. Your soul is pure and your words have much truth in them. We will help you find these archers."

They walked North....

Kenji sat with his small detachment of 6 spearmen. They were waiting for Otomo to signal from one of the mountains surrounding Konato's base. This signal would prompt Kenji to launch a frontal assault against Konato's village and base, which would distract his cavalry and other men long enough for Otomo to launch an attack from the rear.

Two swordsmen approached Kenji, desolate and worse for wear.

"We are deserters", said one, the biggest and the talker of the two, "We were at that skirmish in which you wiped out a whole detachment of cavalry. We retreated and sent a message to Konato. For not standing and fighting to die, we were sentenced to be killed, but we both slipped out before the orders reached the right people."

They both bowed to Kenji, "We offer our services to you, Lord Dragon, to serve you faithfully until the end."

"Rise, both of you. We are equals in the same objective", replied Kenji, "I would like to know your names."

"I am Shinske", replied the bigger one, "This is my friend, Jute. We were the best soldiers of Konato's Shock Trooper Unit."

Otomo, the small group of Spearmen and the Three Dragon Warriors travelled up the forested mountain North. Why they were going up the steep trail rather than the warm, flat valley below, they did not know. Why these Dragon Warriors were here, they did not know. How the Dragon Warriors knew which way the Archers were, they did not know, but Otomo felt their presence with every step he took. The Spearmen, as ferocious they fought beforehand, feared for the silent shrill of an arrow to strike, getting more and more scared the closer to the summit they got. Otomo, being the pure-hearted being he is, decided to break the silence.

"So, what are your names, Dragon Warriors?"

The men replied. "My name is Dragon Warrior."

The other Dragon Warrior, having said nothing for the entire trip, remained silent.

But the next Dragon Warrior stuck out his chest and replied to Otomo.

"My name is Shintaro, Leader and Sensei of the Dragon Warriors of Issen."

The two other warriors grunted in servitude. But something stirred in a treetop nearby.

The still forest echoed the almost deafening sound of the wooden bow creaking...

Kenji nodded thoughtfully at Shinske. He though, if he made good with these people, they would fight against Konato alongside him, and perhaps may even lecture the Spearmen on more refined fighting techniques. But he had to test these two people, on their true fighting prowess.

Kenji looked the two in the eye. The two looked Kenji in the eye, and they all knew what to do.

"Perhaps we should have a short sparring session?" Said Kenji.

"Agreed" Said Shinske.

They all drew their swords with speed. They crouched around each other, waiting for one to draw the first blow. Jute took an inaccurate strike at Kenji with his katana, Kenji jumping vertically to avoid the blow. Shinske then backflipped a few steps away. Jute then drew a defensive pose, waiting for Kenji to inevitably strike from above. And this he did, the blow being parried with relative ease. Kenji then felt a rush of wind behind him, and there was Shinske, holding the flat of his blade behind Kenji's neck.

"Heh, so I guess we win?" said Shinske.

"You two are very far seeing fighters" replied Kenji. "Your tactics of swordplay are very well-though out. I see you grasp the concept that something small that happens now will affect the future."

Jute said "Yes. You could even say we share a spiritual bond of a kind..."

The two were obviously skilled and very loyal to Kenji now. But Kenji knew they were hiding something, and that thing would be better remaing as a secret...

It was five years ago. Shinske was walking through the forest, his new katana in hand. He was trying to find some mushrooms, which only grew on the dark side of the mountain. Jute, his little brother, followed behind, carrying an empty basket to place the mushrooms in. It was a calm day, and the army that was yet to settle here did not come yet. The innocence of peace was the rule. But then Konato's cavarly came.

They came in their dozens, searching for recruits to their army. Jute could see some of his friends following the procession. A man on a tall horse, dressed in light armour, stood tall above the boys.

"Salutations, boys. My name is Konato, and we seek to get new recruits for our army. You two look to be suitable warriors. Do you want to join us?"

Shinske and Jute knew they didn't want to go. Not wishing to provoke Konato, they tried to end the conversation.

"Sorry, we cannot join you, as we are only young boys, and are not strong enough to fight with you." This was obviously a lie.

"We will be off now" Said Shinske.

But before they could turn back, they were whisked off their feet and bound with rope. Their mouths strapped shut, they could not cry for help, nor help themselves. Only hope for the best to come.

Konato dismissed two horse-warriors. The horse warriors took Shinske and Jute, and gallaoped through the forest onto the dark side of the mountain.

Later on, they came to a stone house. Shinske and Jute were lcoked away in a dark, damp prison of stone. They were not to see the light of day until five years later.

*I must expand on this side-story, don't do it for me! It is supposed to define the character of the two, and describe their 'spiritual connection'.*

OoC (Whatever that means): I think I should just destroy this 'Shinske flashback' crap. Its getting too off-storyline.

OoC: You don't NEED to close it down. I only brought in Shinske and Jute, however, to explain why there will still be Swordsmen for training in this RP. You can expland on their characters, but hey.

'Shinske's past Version two"

It was five years ago. Shinske was walking through the forest, his new katana in hand. He was trying to find some mushrooms, which only grew on the dark side of the mountain. He was a simple boy, the rising strength of the rice paddy after his father. He aspired to become a great swordsman, and had saved up his meagre rice-money to buy this katana.

He paused in his walk to unsheath his katana. Deeply admiring it's lustrous gleam, he felt empowered that he had the power to take a man's life, if he really wanted to. But he wasn't, as he was a good boy. He aspired to be a good swordsman. After this short break, he continued to walk to the dark side of the mountain.

He came to a clearing in the mountain forest, with a few soldiers in the center, sitting, having a chat. Shinske knew he had a chance to ask some of these warriors how to do the sword techniques. He would ask the men to show him some cool moves. But before Shinske could talk, someone called for him. A tall man atop a horse came from the circle of men.

*Otomo*

Otomo stood triumphant over the corpses of the foolish archers who had ambushed his squadron at the summit of the small mountain. Shintaro and his other Dragon Warrior were both polishing and cleaning their swords, prepping them for the next battle.

Otomo turned to his less-lucky spearmen. While they had outfitted themselves with new armour and weapons scavenged from the cavalry battle earlier, the archers had hit several key points on the spearman, killing 2 of them and wounding 5 others. Now the spearmen had to recuperate.

"I shall send the signal down to Lord Kenji", announced Otomo after the Dragon Warriors were prepared. "We need to attack now."

*Kenji*

Kenji finally saw the signal as he sat with his 7 spearmen, along with Shinske and Jute, on a small hill outside the entrance to Konato's base. It was a single arrow, small enough for Konato's scouts to not see, but enough for Kenji, with seven years training in the martial arts, to see with his sharp eyes.

"It is time", muttered Kenji. Shinske and Jute stood up, drawing their swords, ready for battle.

"Lets go", ordered Kenji to his spearmen, and then they marched for the main entrance to Konato's base.