Sign in to follow this  
LJ Fox

Fun Server

Well i've noticed that Lotus has a lot of servers for TF2, but they're lacking a fun server, like custom maps or mods, I personally would love for Lotus to make a Surf Server. I love surfing it's so much fun! I just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on this one.

surfing?? in TF2, wtf are you talking about, what have i been missing (if of course i've missed anything).

Yea just like normal CSS, but you can pick classes and surf all the same and with the advantage of building teleports with Engies and Killing with all the other classes. The Scout is the best class to start surfing with the Double Jump is your best friend!

Surfing belongs in the blackest, darkest pits of the deepest, most-desolate parts of Hell.

Surfing belongs in the blackest, darkest pits of the deepest, most-desolate parts of Hell.

Along with scouts that don't respect you, yes?

servers cost money, not many ppl play on those servers

I used to play on a customs server, and it was my favorite server... ever. ;) There's some really fun maps out there, like cp_freight, where there's six sets of slow moving trains to avoid, or cp_aqua, the only map I know of with a water slide and a submarine.

Our customs server got shut down early January. We had a hard core group of regulars there, and we kept it packed most prime time nights. However, we couldn't keep it filled during the wee hours of the morning.

Here's what it looked like visually:

http://theqclan.hlstatsx.com/?mode=servers...d=4&game=tf

The last week view was almost a typical week for the server, with filling up at prime, then emptying in the dead of night.

Our last year chart shows we were having more population issues as time went on, mostly because with the advent of the payload maps, people didn't 'need' custom maps to provide interest as much as they used to. It still was a healthy server, until the day the entire server cluster was shut down.

I won't argue that customs servers are harder to fill than other types, seeing as a lot of people won't go near customs maps with a barge pole, but there is a section of masochistic people who enjoy them, especially the more beautiful and more polished maps like cp_observatory, cp_gydan, etc.

I used to play on a customs server, and it was my favorite server... ever. ;) There's some really fun maps out there, like cp_freight, where there's six sets of slow moving trains to avoid, or cp_aqua, the only map I know of with a water slide and a submarine.

Our customs server got shut down early January. We had a hard core group of regulars there, and we kept it packed most prime time nights. However, we couldn't keep it filled during the wee hours of the morning.

The last week view was almost a typical week for the server, with filling up at prime, then emptying in the dead of night.

Our last year chart shows we were having more population issues as time went on, mostly because with the advent of the payload maps, people didn't 'need' custom maps to provide interest as much as they used to. It still was a healthy server, until the day the entire server cluster was shut down.

I won't argue that customs servers are harder to fill than other types, seeing as a lot of people won't go near customs maps with a barge pole, but there is a section of masochistic people who enjoy them, especially the more beautiful and more polished maps like cp_observatory, cp_gydan, etc.

We will be getting a a TFC rotation server in due time. If that goes well and I get more servers then a custom map server might just happen.

I got banned from your servers for swearing lol