Please read the following directions carefully.
IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS, DO NOT APPLY.
Please note if you apply and do not meet the requirements, you will be denied, and unable to reapply until further notice. If you reapply, still not meeting the requirements, or before the period given on the last denial, you will be permanently denied an admin position from LotusClan.
NOTE: Staff have the right to adjust the requirements as they see fit or more suitable.
Admin Application Minimum Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age. Applicants under the age of 18 are encouraged to know our community, and its members.
- Applicants must have at least 3 days of activity on Lotus servers before being eligible to apply for admin.
- Having a microphone is encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Must be relatively active on the forums and servers. We're looking for serious admins.
- Absolutely NO records of cheating, VAC bans, and hacking on your Steam history.
- No Lotus server or forums bans within the last 6 months.
Note: Once you've submitted your application you're encouraged to examine it within the next 48 hours. During that period of time, further questions may be asked in regards to your application. A decision will be made after the 48 hours.
Please post in the correct Forum Section (Admin Applications) or your application will be denied. Your application must be complete, clear, and easy to read. You may not edit your application once submitted. Do not use unreadable font or color. Be professional.
For applying, please use the following template:
Note: you will not be able to change or see your application after you posted it.
- Ingame Name:
- Name(s)/IP(s) of Server(s) you would like to be admin for (List in order of preference!)
- STEAM ID:
- Steam Community URL:
- Do you have access to mumble?:
1. You have placed a ban against a player for griefing. They post an unban request on our forums stating you abused your power, have been harassing them, and that all the players hate you and are just too afraid to say anything. They provide one or two screenshots of text that you don't recognize but seems to back up their story. You have evidence of their griefing and post it to the unban request. What, if anything, do you do next?
2. How important is respect for admins?
"Check" all that apply by bolding the question or changing it's color.
- A respectful environment is necessary to maintain population.
- Censorship (silencing or banning disrespectful people) is a necessary evil in order to maintain a respectful environment.
- Use of bad words like racial slurs and other rude language constitutes disrespect. It doesn't matter why they said it or what they meant by it. Words are words, and some words are unacceptable.
- Admins are in charge and should be more respected than the average player, and anyone who disrespects an admin should receive a harsher punishment.
- Disrespect is something that has to be tolerated if we don't want to empty our servers.
- Whether or not it's necessary to censor someone should be left up to the server to vote on, not up to the admin to act on assumptions.
- What constitutes disrespect depends on context, intent, and opinion, and is too arbitrary and subjective to be punished consistently.
- Admins are not entitled to any more respect than anyone else, and they should have thick enough skin to deal with it instead of punishing people for disrespecting them
2a. In your own words, please explain how the use of patience when faced with (what some would consider) Admin disrespect will make our servers a more welcoming environment.
3. If you have been an admin/moderator before, what kind of servers were you moderating, and what tools were you using for doing so?
Make a selection by bolding the question or changing it's color.
- I haven't been an admin/moderator before.
- I've been on admin/moderator for less than 3 servers and have no experience with moderating tools.
- I've been on admin/moderator for less than 3 servers and have experience with moderating tools (e.g. SMAC).
- I've been on admin/moderator for more than 2 servers and have no experience with moderating tools.
I've been on admin/moderator for more than 2 servers and have experience with moderating tools (e.g. SMAC).
- Less than 3 months
- Less than 6 months
- Less than 1 year
More than one year.
4. What do you hope to gain out of becoming an admin?
5. You arrive to an admin call and a voteban is started against you instantly before you have time to understand the reason behind the call. What are your next steps?