Sign in to follow this  
TerrawindX2

"could Not Initialize Display Mode" On Eee Pc 1000h

Before I registered, I had a hard time looking for a specific problem that is similiar to mine. Too many topics had vague, generic titles ("Luk @t mai problemz", "HALP", "Strange error", you get the drill), and the search function only pointed me to one relevant topic, and even so there was no proper solution given to the problem.

I had just recently installed Battle Realms on my Eee PC 1000H. I followed all the steps, updated to Battle Pack 3, but I still cannot play the game, as clicking on the exe file would bring me to a black screen with the error message "Could Not Initialize Display Mode".

I had searched google and the results were not satisfying. I saw a website showing a list of compatible games for the Eee PC 701, with Battle Realms being unable to start due to graphics failure to initialise. However, I do not think that this would mean the end. Is there any way that I can hack, or fix, so that I can play this game which was once my favourite?

By the way, Compatibility Mode does not work, and I am running Windows XP sp 3. My Direct X is the latest, 9.0c.