Sign in to follow this  
kcruza95

Direct Ip Multiplayer

Question

IF I host a direct IP multiplayer game. Which IP Address do I give to my friend? Do I give the IP Address from sites like myip.dk or my local Ip address?

10 answers to this question

IF I host a direct IP multiplayer game. Which IP Address do I give to my friend? Do I give the IP Address from sites like myip.dk or my local Ip address?

Local Ips can only be accessed by computers inside your local network (That is in your house connected to the same router). So you would want to give your real IP from sites like the one you mentioned.

The problem is that many people don't free their Game-Ports...

And then they're so called "Blockers".

If you have one in your game, nobody is able to join after the blocker.

SO I give the myip.dk Ip Address ok. thanks.

hey.... can u tell me how to use that myip.dk ip thingy? can u make some details about it.. im no good at using my pc... heheheh

Hi, I know it is belated by years but this is my first time trying Direct IP Multiplayer for BT: WOTW and I have given my IP address from (http://www.myipaddress.com) to my sister; she is connected to a different network than mine, but I keep getting (No game on this address) what can I do?

• Upvote 1

Hi, I know it is belated by years but this is my first time trying Direct IP Multiplayer for BT: WOTW and I have given my IP address from (http://www.myipaddress.com) to my sister; she is connected to a different network than mine, but I keep getting (No game on this address) what can I do?

Your router probably has a setting called "DMZ" or "Demilitarized zone". You need to enable that setting for your server device so that it is opened up to other computers on the interwebz. Note that, though, this presents a security risk. You might be better off using a service like Hamachi.
  • Upvote 1

Your router probably has a setting called "DMZ" or "Demilitarized zone". You need to enable that setting for your server device so that it is opened up to other computers on the interwebz. Note that, though, this presents a security risk. You might be better off using a service like Hamachi.

Thank you very much I will try Hamachi as you have proposed.

• Upvote 1