Gaming Territory
  • Announcements

• Afronanny

If you have been votebanned, read this!

If you have been votebanned, wait a while then try connecting again. It is not permanent. You should not post an unban request for a voteban. We can not and will not do anything about it. Just wait it out
    • Dr. Obvious

TF2 Admin Application Format

Please read the following directions carefully.   IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS, DO NOT APPLY.   Please note if you apply and do not meet the requirements, you will be denied, and unable to reapply until further notice. If you reapply, still not meeting the requirements, or before the period given on the last denial, you will be permanently denied an admin position from LotusClan.   NOTE: Staff have the right to adjust the requirements as they see fit or more suitable.   Admin Application Minimum Requirements: Must be at least 16 years of age. Applicants under the age of 18 are encouraged to know our community, and its members. Applicants must have at least 3 days of activity on Lotus servers before being eligible to apply for admin. Having a microphone is encouraged, but not mandatory. Must be relatively active on the forums and servers. We're looking for serious admins. Absolutely NO records of cheating, VAC bans, and hacking on your Steam history. No Lotus server or forums bans within the last 6 months.

Note: Once you've submitted your application you're encouraged to examine it within the next 48 hours. During that period of time, further questions may be asked in regards to your application. A decision will be made after the 48 hours.  
      Please post in the correct Forum Section (Admin Applications) or your application will be denied. Your application must be complete, clear, and easy to read. You may not edit your application once submitted. Do not use unreadable font or color. Be professional.   For applying, please use the following template:
      Note: you will not be able to change or see your application after you posted it.
INK :D

All (almost) official information concerning Battle Realms [2016]

Hey! ^_^

I see this Komi guy quite a lot in almost every BR related place, but can only wonder why isn't he registered on here. He posts a lot of useful information and I've stumbled upon something very interesting: It's the "Complete Battle Realms F.A.Q." which has some detailed information about BR on Steam, BR on GoG, BR 2, Lair Of The Lotus and BR Legends. It has recently been updated!

For some reason, it's not on here and I've decided to take some of the information from his Steam topic and post it in the forums.  Can you pin this, if possible?

Battle Realms- Complete F.A.Q. [steam, GOG, BR2, Lair Of The Lotus, BRLegends]
by KoMiKoZa (Last updated: April 9, 2016)

Topic Source -> http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/311702665/405692758725727656

[] Trustworthy sources you can get the information about Steam BR from (aside from the "Announcements" on BR Steam Greenlight):

[] F.A.Q. - Beta and BR on Steam:

The first part is dedicated to the beta that I've never seen and Komi saying he's the only beta- tester. Doesn't sound trustworthy, but the screenshots of his game library (closed beta- testing) look legit + I really don't see any sense to lie. So we'll skip it, you can find the full version in the source link. Here come the principal questions:

Why the hell is it taking so long?

Ed Del Castillo:

I can tell you that every day someone is working on this game. I can tell you also that it seems like every day we find something new that holds the ship date. You see, Battle Realms was made a long time ago and that creates 2 problems. Problem 1 is that the code and the tools it was written with are old... 15 years old. Problem 2 is that because the code base is so old there is a shortage of talented people who can follow it.

Komi: There have already been cases when some programmers left Liquid in the middle of this all. Financial problems included. Many people left Liquid after the BRLegends kickstarter fail. The lack of people here influences on the project.

What's the current progress?

Ed Del Castillo:

So where are we today? The game code is complete and the trouble all resides in making it work with Steam. The people involved are just having a hard time getting it done, with numerous synch issues and utraced disconnects still present.

I don't want to release a de- synching game. So I won't. As of now, I have no new date for you. The last few times I gave you a date they were given to me from the people in the trenches that were supposed to know and they were wrong.

What should be updated in this BR?

Komi: Basically "new and improved" as said by Liquid in the project description. I'm pretty sure, at the first release, we'll see the original BR:Wotw with the principal improvements (such as bugfixes, screen resolutions/widescreen/multimonitor and Steam multiplayer). Ed said future BR updates depend on how well it'll sell on Steam. So if BR is successful- something will definitely be added.
I personally think some of the units need rebalancing so I'll try talking to Liquid about that as I send them the complete-BR-bugs- report.

Why Liquid doesn't update us on here? The page looks abandonned.

Ed Del Castillo:

Finally, there has been a shortfall in communications between the people we hired to finish the task, the people we hired to manage it, and ourselves

We've also suffered from poor communications with you all. That's also my fault. I trusted these communications to a few people within our group and they utterly failed to keep you all up to date. The result being that I would write something whnever enough people emailed me that they needed to know what was going on. Ugh. Not the way I like to do things.

Komi: I've also suggested my help in moderating the greenlight page- no response. Well, no outsiders I guess?

[]Battle Realms 2/Lair Of The Lotus/Battle Realms Legends

I want to play BR2:Lair Of The Lotus! Where can I get it?

Ed Del Castillo (October 15, 2014):

Back in 2001, on the eve of the Battle Realms launch, I was asked what could be expected from a sequel to Battle Realms. My response was simple. “There will never be a Battle Realms 2. As long as fans are interested and supporting Battle Realms (1), we will continue to add to it and grow it. It will never be finished.†Some time after that point I think I was lulled away from that belief and towards the idea of a sequel, but I’ve come back to my original thinking. Battle Realms, to me, is a place; and places grow and change and evolve naturally. They have history and continuity. So, short of something very unexpected, when and if Lair of the Lotus happens, it will be an expansion to Battle Realms rather than a sequel.

Komi: Source- Battle Realms Legends Kickstarter. Update #11 -> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/840772947/

What's up with Battle Realms Legends then?

Komi: BRLegends had been in works since.. around 2012. And was discontinued in 2014 due to the lack of fans' support (KickStarter fail: 50k$/100k$). This was a huge blow to Liquid.

So it's only BR on Steam?

Komi: Yep, BR on Steam and GOG. Trust me, Liquid is working on it. (My beta doesn't just get updated for nothing, right?)

Why is there no KickStarter for SteamGOG_BR?

Komi: That's what Ed answered about me questioning him why there's no KickStarter for BR on Steam:

Komi > You say you got no money but there are already fans who are willing to back the kickstarter for Battle Realms Steam Integration.

Ed: Ok, I’ll admit that I hadn’t thought of that. I will consider doing this. Understand that Kickstarters aren’t free. We spent more than $20,000 USD on the BRL Kickstarter once you calculate all the assets that where generated and all the salaries behind those assets. Add to that the salaries of all the people who were making active outreach efforts (reaching 5K fans is labor intensive), responding to emails, messages, etc.

That's basically the end of the topic. :P
Some information looks weird to me and I don't quite understand Ed's point. But hey, let's hope BR's gonna blow Steam up one day! ^_^

Edited by INK :D

prabobly one of his freind 

EDIT

look at description on youtube from a profile https://forums.gamingterritory.com/user/34235-brjoker/

also is steam link 

I sent a pm to that profile. Also- the description has a pretty outdated video + not many people will know anything about it from a profile description. There's no Steam link as well. ^_^

I am KoMiKoZa and thanks for sharing the information on here. Although now it's quite outdated and I suggest this topic should be deleted.