Sign in to follow this  
hecumarine

Battle Realms Lotus Campaign modding troubles

Hi I'm hecumarine creator of the mod "Battle Realms Corruption of the Lotus" which you can download on moddb. The mod is still in progress and I struggle to change some things. The mod is on halt for half a year because I failed to find a solution to the problems I encountered. I will post them now, maybe some of you will know something. Here goes:

- I replaced the entire Serpent Clan with the Lotus Clan. Everything works like a charm except the watchtower. Units fail to climb on it. I replaced Serpent watchtower model with Lotus watchtower model. Lotus units lack climbing animation and that's the problem, so instead they float around and are bugged to the max. Tower teleport ability would fix the problem but to do that I would have to change Clan(integer) in Data_Buildings from Serpent (number 3) to Lotus (number2). When I do that the ability works but I can't build a watchtower because the building icon isn't working.

- brotherhood crypt is replace from metal shop. The building works but I can't spawn brothers (Lythis, Tausil, Sehk).

- Zymeth ability to call storm works. The rain appears and the weather changes but he's not using thunder to kill enemies. It's just not there. I tried changing his innate ability but it doesn't do anything. I replaced Kenji to Zymeth. So Kenji uses Zymeth model and his abilities.

This is some serious advanced modding stuff but anyone who has a clue is welcome to provide solutions. Thank you all.

Posted (edited)

This is a necro reply but I guess by now you were able to tell that your problems are beyond what editing the .dat file using SITUVN's data editor can give you.

Some skills are fixed in their models like heals of healers  (in models.h2o file too bad we don't have an editor for this) and some are fixed in their unit ID in the .exe file (like Zymeth's call lightning only works if you use his unit ID, I don't know if you can use Zymeth No Corruption and still have the lightning work).

As you would inspect the building data of Lotus Crypt, you would see that the UnitOut columns are empty, it means that the buttons are embedded somewhere else, either in Crypt's model file or in the .exe itself. It's the same way as you can't reproduce the button of Town Square upgrade in the same position (below the portrait of the Town Square) or the inability to use the 6th slot of Keeps other than Dragon's despite putting a unit in UnitOut6 column.

The idea of your mod was good but as long as we only have the .dat to edit, a lot of limitations will be encountered.

Edited by Kyros

On 6/16/2018 at 10:24 AM, hecumarine said:

Hi I'm hecumarine creator of the mod "Battle Realms Corruption of the Lotus" which you can download on moddb. The mod is still in progress and I struggle to change some things. The mod is on halt for half a year because I failed to find a solution to the problems I encountered. I will post them now, maybe some of you will know something. Here goes:

- I replaced the entire Serpent Clan with the Lotus Clan. Everything works like a charm except the watchtower. Units fail to climb on it. I replaced Serpent watchtower model with Lotus watchtower model. Lotus units lack climbing animation and that's the problem, so instead they float around and are bugged to the max. Tower teleport ability would fix the problem but to do that I would have to change Clan(integer) in Data_Buildings from Serpent (number 3) to Lotus (number2). When I do that the ability works but I can't build a watchtower because the building icon isn't working.

- brotherhood crypt is replace from metal shop. The building works but I can't spawn brothers (Lythis, Tausil, Sehk).

- Zymeth ability to call storm works. The rain appears and the weather changes but he's not using thunder to kill enemies. It's just not there. I tried changing his innate ability but it doesn't do anything. I replaced Kenji to Zymeth. So Kenji uses Zymeth model and his abilities.

This is some serious advanced modding stuff but anyone who has a clue is welcome to provide solutions. Thank you all.

Only what my mind bring up solution is make normal tower with upgrade button to lotus tower it's a half fix but should work.