Legit Breeze

Banned due to name change

Hi,

I was playing Dustbowl Chicago with the regulars and we decided to tease Howard by changing our names to different variations of his name (again, all friendly, no hurt feelings). I changed my own name several times, until going to "L | Howard v2", which unfortunately got me banned.

So any staff reading this so far will probably be: "How dumb are you? Why would you do that?"

Well - admittedly - I was attempting to play a joke on the bot's names, which I was unaware that L | tag is unique on the server.

Now if you haven't realized that this was just a dumb (really dumb) prank on the bot names, then I plead that yes, I was wrong and sorry about changing my name to a title with L |. I vow that I won't ever change my name to include L | or probably L-r | either.

Thank you for your consideration,

Breeze

PS it would be more clear to me if a rule was specifically stated that L | and L-r | are lotus staff tags and not to be impersonated, or a kick would suffice instead of a ban.

Hello there!

Due the to sheer amount of morons trying to impersonate Lotus members on our servers (as in "Dude, i'm from Lotus, do as i say or you're going to get banned."), we've decided to shoot first ask questions later.

I have no problems unbanning you so far, but i don't find a ban entry for you. Could you please provide a steam link or steam ID?

• Upvote 2

Based on your forum profile, this should be your steam profile?

There is no ban for that steam ID though.

I was on the server when that happened, and I was going to unban you right then and there but there was no ban entry for you :c

Indeed you were!

My SteamID is STEAM_0:0:142651774, and if you need the 64 its 76561198245569276

As for the ban entry, I'm not quite sure. This is what I get when joining any Lotus server so far (EDIT: doesn't seem to use traditional BBCode, ah well... http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/607223562238571101/99C256DCE04EEA7EA2AD0A4E0C223EFA3CEF4D05/).I'm excited to get back to playing :)

Edited by Legit Breeze

Hmm that's weird. There is no active ban for that steam id neither has there ever been one.

Hmm that's weird. There is no active ban for that steam id neither has there ever been one.

Either way I'm still unable to join the server, and it tells me that I've been "added to the banlist". Perhaps you're looking at the local banlist rather than the network-wide banlist?

I hate to be impatient, but is there anything new regarding my ban within the past 5 days?

Nothing as of late, to my knowledge. A lot of us are just getting back from our holidays.

Your best bet would be to send a PM to Mana, himself. He too has been out of commission for a bit.

Dustbowl | Chicago: 65.60.32.29:27015

Ahh yes that matches the original post. But actually it wasn't what I was expecting. OK I'll look into local bans for Chicago servers.

Thank you. It works :)

By chance, would you mind sharing what caused the ban not to show up?

Website was out of sync with the database. It doesn't happen often (pretty much never).

Website was out of sync with the database. It doesn't happen often (pretty much never).

Interesting. Was it a software bug or does this just happen randomly? I'm just a little curious, but if you aren't comfortable sharing that's alright.