Sign in to follow this  
Mana

Tf2 Applet For G15 Keyboard

Haha, that looks awesome - but when is looking at the keyboard a good idea? :P

logitech just released the G19, kinda like the old 15 but with multiple light colors to choose from and instead of a flip-up black and white screen theres a sick color screen that's basically a miniature monitor, which opens up alot more app possibilities

(its also $200 and has its own power cord)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboard...56&cl=us,en

check out the gallery to see the lights in action

Personally, I think the G19 is a bit overkill.

I love the G15, got one for work and one for home. The little screen is good for a few apps: cpu usage, mem usage, clock, fraps, and ventrillo. Also I like the media plugin, for when I've got itunes up. Ventrillo shows you who is talking, who's in your chat room, messages for people entering and leaving, so when someone whose voice I don't identify joins my channel while I'm in a full screen game, I don't freak out. That's the main reason I got the keyboard in the first place - I play competitively, so I'm often in a ventrillo channel with the rest of my team and knowing who is talking is really important.

I've gotten pretty good at glancing at the keyboard when I'm on a tight schedule and need to quit at a certain time, or when my game is bogging down, I check fraps or my cpu usage while still in game, so I can see what's going on with my computer. Fraps does a nice chart which shows you your frame rate for the past 2 minutes or so, so you can see when you enter a certain area your frame rate just tanks, and know what to expect.

So the little amber and black display is very useful to me.

That being said - the G15 sells for around 80$ if you get it online. The G19 is 200$. Yowza. Do I really need that little monitor in color? No. The information I want is all binary - I don't need a animated flashing display, just raw information for when I'm in full screen mode.

The only reason I'm still pondering the remote possibility of getting the G19 when the price drops is, the keys are backlit with blue lights. The G15's are amber. And I really, really, like blue....