Dorian Saignren

"could Not Initialize Display Mode"

Question

For some reason this happens every time i try to start up the program. The error box pops up and then when I hit enter the program shuts down. I've looked around on the internet and submitted queries to multiple forums regarding this problem. Thus far I've been unable to find anything that works. I use an EeePC notebook computer, and I'm not quite sure what all my specifications are, but if you need them I can find any information you need me to with a little help on how to do that.

I'd appreciate a fast response because soon I won't be able to get online for at least two and a half months. If you notice this after a week from now, I won't be able to respond until at least december. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

4 answers to this question

redownload or just reinstall battle realms. i know this is a stupid suggestion, but i dont know anything else how to help you solve the problem =/

*cough* my signature *cough

redownload or just reinstall battle realms. i know this is a stupid suggestion, but i dont know anything else how to help you solve the problem =/

*cough* my signature *cough

Well, if I did that it would probably be the 4th or 5th time I have. As it is the file I have now was tested by a friend and works perfectly for him. It's also a portable version of it so I can put it on my flashdrive.

As for gameranger, well, does it still download the game to the computer or is it done in your browser or popup window?

gameranger is like hamachi, just way better. well it doesnt download the game 'cause its actually a program that allows you to host servers there.

most of the "good players" moved there cause ehm... gamespy sucks :P

anyway, you gotta have the game installed first before you use gameranger.

My sugestion is on desktop  pres right mouse button and choose display setings or properties depends what system you have

we are looking for screen resolution if we find this we could set  in our game main folder in ini file 

with this name Battle Realms.ini 

which

contains:

[Language]
LanguageCharacter = E
LanguageString = ENG

[VideoState]
Width                   =1280   \  __  this two numbers change to your resolution
Height                  =960     /        
Depth                   =32
Fullscreen              =1
HardwareTL              =0

[sound]
Enabled  = 1
NumSFXChannels =16
SoundTimerPeriod = 40
SoundTimerResolution = 5
MapSoundsEnabled=1

THEN EXIT THE FILE WILL BE SAVED

AND PLAY THE GAME ENJOY