Sign in to follow this  
blueberry waffles

Donor Abuse - Akaraccoon 24/7 Dustbowl East

AKARaccoon

506 "AKARaccoon" STEAM_0:1:28210458 1:25:11 317 0 active

24/7 Dustbowl East Coast (x33) around 2:55PM to 3:05PM Eastern time

AKARaccon was playing as a deadringer spy and was apparently upset that I continued to dominate him for multiple rounds as a pyro. Yeah, I don't like deadringer spies so when I catch them on fire I will blow them up in the air so they can't escape and survive.

So after at least an hour of this he uses his donor status to initiate a votekick. As always, people blindly hit 1 to do the kick. Heck, I even did the first time to kick myself (not that it would have made a difference).

So I rejoined and he kept trying to votekick me and voteban me. After I mentioned to him that it's against the lotus TOS he changed his tune from cursing at me to saying he is just "letting the people decide" but kept on initiating the votebans and votekicks every chance he could get.

Demos are at:

http://multiupload.b...ad.biz.dem.html or http://www.mediafire.com/?dy8086vgdyhmton

and

http://multiupload.b...ad.biz.dem.html or http://www.mediafire.com/?028e5zcfkbpbu2x

I'm scared to use that source for the demos. :S

Any particular reason? I can upload them somewhere else if you prefer. It's just a website that uploads a single file to multiple file hosting sites for you.

Can you use mediafire?

That is the site we use for all uploads. While there are plenty of legitimate sites for uploading, there are plenty that do drive-by malware. It is easier to just use the same one over and over. Mediafire is the site we request you upload with in the ban request guidelines as well.

Thanks for taking the time to submit!

Your tactics for winning were legit; it was wrong for an donor to prejudice against you because you dominated him. Don't be put off that tactic you used, it's effective. Once you uploaded to mediafire, a staff member will review this though, i'm sure :)

Yea, that's only happened recently. It's still like that in other countries.

I have also seen AKA do things like this before. He is mainly a disruptive player.

So I rejoined and he kept trying to votekick me and voteban me. After I mentioned to him that it's against the lotus TOS he changed his tune from cursing at me to saying he is just "letting the people decide" but kept on initiating the votebans and votekicks every chance he could get.

The best way to handle a donor that's irritating everyone on the server is to manually initiate a votekick. Meaning, don't just type "votekick AKA", you have to type "votekick" and then manually go through the options. If he's irritating enough people on the server, people will take the time to manually kick them. I had to do this to BULLHORN (aka NICESHOT and I think aka lrrplrrprecon) the other day for being a troll/donor (yes, donors can be trolls, too). Nothing like a little boot from the server to humble or at least infuriate a troll-donor.

Oh, and I guess reporting the offender here works as well... well, sorta... not really I guess.

From what I saw he was indeed abusing is donor privilege. Initiating multiple votekicks and votebans against a player who wasn't really doing anything worthy of those two actions was inappropriate. However, you did engage him quite a bit which only fueled his immature behavior. Next time, don't provoke a griefer, not only does it make the griefer want to grief you more, but it may also escalate the trolling behavior.

I have also seen AKA do things like this before. He is mainly a disruptive player.

Oh yeah, he can be quite disruptive. But people *have* vote kicked him before, like below.

The best way to handle a donor that's irritating everyone on the server is to manually initiate a votekick. Meaning, don't just type "votekick AKA", you have to type "votekick" and then manually go through the options. If he's irritating enough people on the server, people will take the time to manually kick them. I had to do this to BULLHORN (aka NICESHOT and I think aka lrrplrrprecon) the other day for being a troll/donor (yes, donors can be trolls, too). Nothing like a little boot from the server to humble or at least infuriate a troll-donor.

Oh, and I guess reporting the offender here works as well... well, sorta... not really I guess.

So.... is that it? No punishment?

See below

^^