Domino

Looking to cash out tf2 items

Lo folks,

I'm looking to cash out a huge chunk of my TF2 items, but I am no longer familiar with the market, any suggestions? 

I believe tf2shop.net still purchases entire backpacks. Maybe marketplace as well.

Yes, and they pay a low price for what it is worth. Remember these are companies that want to make profit, they're not people who want nice items ;)

I'd say try and sell as much of it as you can on it's own, overall you'll get more money for it although it takes more time of course.

• Upvote 1

Keep them until comp thing takes off, probably more people will be drawn into TF2 again and prices will probably go up.

• Upvote 1

Sell everything for keys, then find a trusted buyer for keys over PayPal

Seven makes a pretty good point though prices of items could go up if the comp thing takes off

• Upvote 1

i will pay 1 scrap for everything LOL GOTTEM BOYS WHAT A FUNNY ORIGINAL JOKE HAHAHAHA 

• Upvote 4

Seeing as I don't really need my cosmetics anymore, I just play for fun and don't care how I look, can someone take a look at my backpack and tell me how many cents it's worth and how long I should wait to sell it? (I saw 7's comment about comp taking off soon and he has a point). I'm thinking sometime in 2017

Seeing as I don't really need my cosmetics anymore, I just play for fun and don't care how I look, can someone take a look at my backpack and tell me how many cents it's worth and how long I should wait to sell it? (I saw 7's comment about comp taking off soon and he has a point). I'm thinking sometime in 2017

Go look at your profile on bp.tf and it should give you a rough idea on your bp worth and individual item values based on current prices. 

-> http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198090581015

I had a look and its worth 14$, and honestly it wont really change, I think 7 is referencing the mass amount of unusuals and shit Domino has that will rise in price if TF2 takes off.

Whereas you have a mixture of cosmetics and stranges that don't really amount to much, nor are they going to become profiting machines. Your best bet is selling them for ref and buying into keys and then making yourself a couple of dollars from it.

This will probably go for anyone else in a similar situation to koko (unless you are JB and had like 928238920732 euros worth of cosmetics lol). The only items of value that could see a change are Australium weapons, high tier weapon skins and unusual weapons/hats. Even then it will not be a guaranteed profit for everybody due to valuing hats and effects and certain weapons etc etc.

It will still take a long time for the chance that your item gains more value even if TF2 takes off, this is for many reasons more and I could probably speculate for several hours. If you really do care about those reasons then let me know and ill edit this reply with it I guess.

Sorry if this is disappointing, Koko.

• Upvote 3

Go look at your profile on bp.tf and it should give you a rough idea on your bp worth and individual item values based on current prices. 

-> http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198090581015

I had a look and its worth 14$, and honestly it wont really change, I think 7 is referencing the mass amount of unusuals and shit Domino has that will rise in price if TF2 takes off.

Whereas you have a mixture of cosmetics and stranges that don't really amount to much, nor are they going to become profiting machines. Your best bet is selling them for ref and buying into keys and then making yourself a couple of dollars from it.

This will probably go for anyone else in a similar situation to koko (unless you are JB and had like 928238920732 euros worth of cosmetics lol). The only items of value that could see a change are Australium weapons, high tier weapon skins and unusual weapons/hats. Even then it will not be a guaranteed profit for everybody due to valuing hats and effects and certain weapons etc etc.

It will still take a long time for the chance that your item gains more value even if TF2 takes off, this is for many reasons more and I could probably speculate for several hours. If you really do care about those reasons then let me know and ill edit this reply with it I guess.

Sorry if this is disappointing, Koko.

Nah $14 is actually about what I expected, I'm not interested in making too much money off of my backpack but if there was a chance to make more money off of virtual items why not? XD

Thanks for the financial plan btw, any particular sites that are good? (I know most of them but I've never really visited them or been part of their community)

Edited by koKo_

Thanks for the financial plan btw, any particular sites that are good? (I know most of them but I've never really visited them or been part of their community)

http://backpack.tf/

http://www.tf2outpost.com/

Backpack is simpler to use and more straight forward trading. You sell something for a price, someone comes and buys it, simple.

Outpost is more of a social trading site, what I mean by this is where you will commonly find incredibly expensive items for sale, and people offering and negotiating trade terms together, before coming to an overall deal or no deal.

Steam Community Market is also a viable option for selling certain items, you can see in your steam inventory whether they are marketable or not, however this will go directly into your steam funds if sold.

Other websites are available but those are the ones I have used throughout my exhaustive trading career in TF2. 

For your items I would recommend bp.tf, simple items, simple value, simple trades. Happy days. 

If I were you, here is how I would personally sell your inventory:

Using Backpack.tf mostly because items are relatively low in value.]

You can start off by either: 

-Crafting all the unique weapons you have into scrap

OR

-Selling each of them individually on bp.tf for 1 scrap each. This is common and largely acceptable to do, it may take a while to clear it all out however.

-Strange weapons are simple stuff, sell it for its suggested price.

-Name tags and description tags don't really alter the price at all, and people who try to milk more out of them for custom stuff don't usually work.

-Strange weapon parts attached to your weapon will increase the price by a fraction of the weapon part price (usually half).

-Killstreaks increase the value of said weapon slightly, go with the 'flow' of the other sellers. If it has a strange part too then simply add the fraction on this 'flow'.

-Genuine items are usually worth more than their unique counterparts, so make sure you sell it at the right price it is valued at, thankfully you can usually see this on that item. Sometimes they do not sell very fast, therefore knocking the price down by like 0.33 refined can see a faster customer. But that depends on how patient you are.

-If an item is painted, you add half of the value of said paint to your items original value, and sell it accordingly. Some painted items have harder times selling however, so lowering the price again sees faster customers. 

-If a customer does not want to pay in pure (refined/reclaim/scrap metal) and wishes to pay in items, it is acceptable to ask for overpay in items, which is what people do. Don't be greedy, just a ref or so over the top is nice for a craft hat, more so for more expensive items. Then sell the items offered in the format explained here.

-Make sure to note that you want overpay in items, it helps the customer narrow down if he wants to buy from you with items or not.

Bp.tf is easy enough to navigate and has a good UI, so I'm sure you wont have any trouble using it, if there are any questions however, let me know and I'll be glad to assist. 

Hope this all doesn't come across as condescending, just some general rules of thumb to follow in the trading world lol

Edit: Forgot to mention at the end when you have all of your metal, purchase as many keys as you can. When you have done this you can sell them on the market for steam funds, or find a trusted trader to sell the keys to for real money over paypal.

I haven't done the latter before and there are risks to it due to scams and trust etc, seeing as it is only around 15 dollars, there isn't significant risk if it goes tits up. If you want the money to use outside of steam, again let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.

Edited by macamoose
  • Upvote 3