ya boy's living the dream.

Alicks

lgfbpc9z.thumb.png.cfcbff6af286f20c0b33e80048022ca8.png

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Edited by fever
I'm a cunt
  • Upvote 1

I had some nasal surgery recently (along with a couple other ones in the head area). Lots of useless obstructions taken out. Some perhaps useful but enlarged things removed as well. Deviated septum is *hopefully* correct now.

Germans seem to love pain and do not believe in using real painkillers, at least the Bavarians. Worst pain of my life, it even extended into my ear as they say it's all connected there. Those were some of the worst 2 weeks of my life.

Had 2 bleeds, some a week or so after the surgery. That was somewhat scary. Ringing in the ears, vision fading. Then only the heart increases it's rate and re-calibrates, then things fade back in.

Apparently it will take months until my blood is back to normal. So just a little update on myself for those of you who are still around.

• Upvote 2

On 4/22/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mana said:

I had some nasal surgery recently (along with a couple other ones in the head area). Lots of useless obstructions taken out. Some perhaps useful but enlarged things removed as well. Deviated septum is *hopefully* correct now.

Germans seem to love pain and do not believe in using real painkillers, at least the Bavarians. Worst pain of my life, it even extended into my area as they say it's all connected there. Those were some of the worst 2 weeks of my life.

Had 2 bleeds, some a week or so after the surgery. That was somewhat scary. Ringing in the ears, vision fading. Then only the heart increases it's rate and re-calibrates, then things fade back in.

Apparently it will take months until my blood is back to normal. So just a little update on myself for those of you who are still around.

Holy shit man... that sounds pretty serious.  I hope everything is getting better, not worse.  :o

As for me, I've been off building some more robots!  We've been doing really well this year, and will be off to the world championship in Detroit in 2 days, so that should be fun.

(Yes, that is me on the far left)

29665508_1749581801765117_39282292828716

• Upvote 3

On 4/24/2018 at 4:13 AM, Dracco said:

Yes, that is me on the far left

Not wearing the right uniform...how come we made this dude staff? /s

• Upvote 1

Good to hear some folk are still alive, personally I'm still working on the country home. Roofs are finally done as are the walls, new entrance is done as well. I've been plastering the walls in my spare time for now and currently working on the kitchen and bathroom. Other than that, still working on bikes. Nothing particularly exciting.

On 5/28/2018 at 9:42 AM, Minia said:

Good to hear some folk are still alive, personally I'm still working on the country home. Roofs are finally done as are the walls, new entrance is done as well. I've been plastering the walls in my spare time for now and currently working on the kitchen and bathroom. Other than that, still working on bikes. Nothing particularly exciting.

Got any pictures of that? :D

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Got any pictures of that? :D

I got some pictures of the roof, the ceiling and extension. I'll get some pictures of the bathroom and plaster later on. It is a big job so I need help from family and friends who know what they are doing, for example tiling and the plumbing and masonry. I do the wiring and handy work and manage the tea really.

Old roof - You can see how deteriorated and badly warped the ridge is. It's not the photo, it was genuinely warped by a good 8-10 centimetres.

sLBBvsO.jpg

New Roof, took this picture while the extension was being done. It is now finished and just needs the kitchen and wiring doing.

8ZXO15N.jpg

Ceiling

TWhm93V.jpg

Extension

5Ysd0zc.jpg

Kitchen top - Have a friend who is a tiler, so he helped us out here.

X5rC7Bo.jpg

All you see here is almost how it looks today. I was there back in early April to finish measurements and orders and to knock down the old bathroom, so that's gone now. Currently got two workers who are doing the floor, walls and plumbing for the new bathroom and my friend will be doing the tiling in the bathroom as well. Then I'll need to go back once that is done to do the wiring in the bathroom and kitchen and finish plastering downstairs and start upstairs.

I still work in office administration and at college doing motorcycle mechanics and engineering so that also keeps me pretty busy. Luckily I enjoy it though, despite the fact I'd rather be working on my own rides.

As for my bikes, I've finished my off-road bike so I've been enjoying that in france when the guys don't need a cup of tea. I bought a Benelli BN302 about 6 weeks ago and crashed it after 3 weeks of owning it, was a stupid mistake. Out on a beautiful day and the second I get distracted the car that was infront of me had to do an emergency stop due to some arse who pulled out of a blind junction without giving way. Luckily I was only doing about 10mph or so since we were in a village, but now the insurance company is trying to rip me off by writing the bike off on a category C, meaning it is "uneconomical to repair", so they're trying to say they need to replace parts that weren't even damaged or in my accident report to raise the cost so that can write it off. So I'm busy fighting with them instead of enjoying my time off for now.

Anyway, hopefully the rest of you aren't as busy as me and are having a better time! 

Dayum. That view is awesome.

12 hours ago, Dr. Obvious said:

Dayum. That view is awesome.

Aye, the view isn't bad. But then again this place isn't the easiest to access. My Uncle has been there about a dozen times now, he still can't find the way there... I have to go get him at the closest area his GPS recognises. 

The new kitchen, mostly. I just need to do the wiring and fix the lighting up. There'll be a center island with oven, stove etc that whoever's cooking can move around if they want to be outside. Eventually I'll get some old, rustic wooden doors to cover some of the holes up. For now though, I'm happy.

35463990_10155505762082724_6791663086886453248_n.jpg

• Like 2

nice to see people alive

me

livingthedream.png