Skaila

Overwatch

And I'm just sitting here wishing I could play it already :(

• Upvote 2

I'll be playing it once it becomes available on the Mac.

*sob*

• Upvote 1

So I got my 2nd invite for the past weekend for the stress test.  Was able to whet my appetite until it comes out.  At the same time I only had access to it for a day since I missed the email to begin with.  Dongles also got an invite as well.

• Upvote 2

After getting to level 25: holey sheet. Dat game, though.

Still, after all that Tracer talk: stand behind Widowmaker, and stfu about Tracer.

• Upvote 1

Grrreat... and in a prominent team, too.

How fucking stupid is he?

Grrreat... and in a prominent team, too.

How fucking stupid is he?

It could just be a reddit witchhunt...got to say from the videos on that thread though, he looks pretty dodge to me.  That snap in the first video for a start off.

I think we should start an Overwatch sub forum somewhere.  I think we will all be talking about this game for awhile.  When this game comes out ill be playing it everyday and if I am going to be that active I might see if people would be interested joining our community.  Just be laid back and have fun and if anyone is interested possible teams could be created.

• Upvote 5

I think we should start an Overwatch sub forum somewhere. I think we will all be talking about this game for awhile. When this game comes out ill be playing it everyday and if I am going to be that active I might see if people would be interested joining our community.

Good idea, I've been playing in stacks with friends and ex members...I'm not at the point I'd say the games going to blow up, but it's looking good....I've got a few concerns about how long this game might last though...its all down to Blizzard and their plans I guess, I think it could go either way.

Edited by fever

I've got a few concerns about how long this game might last though...its all down to Blizzard and their plans I guess, I think it could go either way.

i might be a bit of a fanboy when it comes to blizzard, but even though its there first venture into an fps. Im sure it will last given the track record of most of there games, sure in the last few years there flagship game has been in a bit of a downwards spiral, but none the less imo blizzard know what there doing. Theres already plans set for new heroes,maps and gamemodes as free updates, and we dont know what the game holds in terms of competitive play but im sure there will be some, probably not as big as CS:GO or other popular esport games.

On another note i havent been this excited for an fps since i saw tf2, and playing the beta the last couple of days, it feels like what tf2 should be, and not a hat simulator 

• Upvote 1

It needs progression/mmr. They'll get that right fingers crossed. There's a lot of really good games atm so it needs it to stand clear of other games which are lacking that.

Edited by fever

I didn't think I was going to like Overwatch when it was announced.  I was afraid at the time it was going to kill TF2 for me.  

When I got into my first beta my whole perspective changed and played non stop.  With my 2nd beta I hardly had time to play it but with this 3rd open beta it was non stop.  Wouldn't even eat dinner so I could maximize my time in the game.  After playing the first one though I knew at the moment this will be a game I would stick with.  This will be my new TF2 where I will put in another 1200 hours an probably more.  Blizzard has always been great with updates/balance/security and customer service.  Jeff Kaplan seems to really care about this game so I think it will go a long way to just have fun and also for the competitive aspect.  

Overwatch was only in beta and it was 4th on Twitch last night with total viewers.  Once competitions get going and they start streaming those, it will get a bigger following.  

• Upvote 1

I wanna see some meet the.. vids for both games XD

Edited by BloodRedWidow
  • Upvote 1

I have to ask. What does everyone think of the balancing of the heroes? I peaked at the Blizzard forums and its 30% people complaining about bastion lol. While he does have his counters he still can be a bitch to play against. I feel Bastion could use a bit of a nerf. Although Bastion is only good when behind a Reinhardt and a mercy. Mei could lose a bit of her magazine capacity probably, shes the new m1 pyro. There are plenty other minor buffs and nerfs I could think of but overall the heroes feel very polished. Although this was labeled a beta I believe Jeff Kaplan said this is the actual full game except for competitive. I don't what to do with my hands now. Have to wait until the 24th now to play ;_;

Also i'm down to do some competitive teams when that feature gets released after launch.

• Upvote 2

I have to ask. What does everyone think of the balancing of the heroes? I peaked at the Blizzard forums and its 30% people complaining about bastion lol. While he does have his counters he still can be a bitch to play against. I feel Bastion could use a bit of a nerf. Although Bastion is only good when behind a Reinhardt and a mercy. Mei could lose a bit of her magazine capacity probably, shes the new m1 pyro. There are plenty other minor buffs and nerfs I could think of but overall the heroes feel very polished. Although this was labeled a beta I believe Jeff Kaplan said this is the actual full game except for competitive. I don't what to do with my hands now. Have to wait until the 24th now to play ;_;

Also i'm down to do some competitive teams when that feature gets released after launch.

Back in the early beta stages he only had 250 health instead of 300 that he has now.  But... he also had a shield that absorbed 1000 damage that also deployed while he was in turret form.  He also didn't have 360 degree rotation back then either.  In this stage, people had complained that he was too under powered and easy to counter.  So they ended up buffing him with some crazy health regen on top of repairing himself.  He still felt easy mode back then and strong so I don't know why people were complaining.  I think a good fix would to be add more damage drop off from far distances.  Maximize damage if you are within 25 meters or something.

Edit:  Here is my youtube video on Bastion earlier in the beta with the differences.  

• Upvote 1

I think Bastion needs a limit on his turning arc and his guns either need less ammo or an overheat penalty.  Been seeing some rocket jumping Bastions too...sweet mother of god.

They just need to add more spread to this bullets on longer range, and it'S all good. It's just fucking ridiculous how accurate that stupid gun is at that range, especially while spamming that much damage.

• Upvote 2

They just need to add more spread to this bullets on longer range, and it'S all good. It's just fucking ridiculous how accurate that stupid gun is at that range, especially while spamming that much damage.

I was just going to say exactly this. The game is good, but it could be better. I don't see the point in having so many characters unless they are all unique, and the way it stands now a few of them are interchangeable. Why would you play Torbjorn when you can play Bastion? Why play Zarya when you can play Roadhog? There aren't clear answers to these questions because it's clear that Blizzard just wanted to add more characters to the game. Playing the game and testing out the different characters I was like, "I really want to like this cowboy guy, I'll play him." and then I played him and immediately wondered why anyone would. There's nothing that McCree does that can't be done with any other character - he just shoots. An argument can be made for each one of the classes in TF2 that they are the best to play, but I don't see that with Overwatch - not yet anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 weeks to go, too bad it's not free :/ (though I think that's only a problem for me lol)

In DotA there are quite a few "random" game modes and it got me thinking. I'd love to see a larger map and teams made up of a full squad of hero's, randomly assigned, a bit like TF2's Highlander. You could also may even have the option to switch heros with another player, if they agreed, if you ended up with a hero you suck at. I'd probably play that mode a lot.

Edited by fever

In DotA there are quite a few "random" game modes and it got me thinking. I'd love to see a larger map and teams made up of a full squad of hero's, randomly assigned, a bit like TF2's Highlander. You could also may even have the option to switch heros with another player, if they agreed, if you ended up with a hero you suck at. I'd probably play that mode a lot.

Random mystery brawl or however they called it is like that. You can chose your first hero, after that, you get a new one every time you die.

• Upvote 2

I was just going to say exactly this. The game is good, but it could be better. I don't see the point in having so many characters unless they are all unique, and the way it stands now a few of them are interchangeable. Why would you play Torbjorn when you can play Bastion? Why play Zarya when you can play Roadhog? There aren't clear answers to these questions because it's clear that Blizzard just wanted to add more characters to the game. Playing the game and testing out the different characters I was like, "I really want to like this cowboy guy, I'll play him." and then I played him and immediately wondered why anyone would. There's nothing that McCree does that can't be done with any other character - he just shoots. An argument can be made for each one of the classes in TF2 that they are the best to play, but I don't see that with Overwatch - not yet anyway.

There is some slight overlap with some characters but the differences between classes are noticeable when you maximize their abilities.  Bastion is definitely a defender role and can out damage a Torbjorn.  Before the open beta,Torb and Bastion were very similar and a common complaint on the subreddit at that time. I find Torbjorn more of support like Symmetra since she also provides armor and creates turrets.  

Dongles had to look this one up because we didn't know what the number under her crosshair was but Zarya is very strong when her energy is maxed out.  It is not explained in the game but when use your shield, it absorbs that damage the shield blocks and charges her up.  It maxes out at 100 and signifies how much damage amplification you get, resulting in more damage output.  She probably does the most damage out of the tanks.  Roadhog is more of ability/hero blocker.  You can grab bastions in turret form, pull Pharah's from the sky, grab Junkrat tires to absorb the damage away from the team, etc.  

McCree is my favorite because you get free kills with him.  Yeah you can free shoot if you want but you might get one or two kills a game like that.  You have to stun them with the flash bomb and right click to get the "fan the hammer" kill.  This can take anyone out with one volley unless it's a tank at full health.  Even if it's a tank they won't live if you have a teammate there.  On that note, I find McCree and Reaper similar because they both need to be close to maximize damage.  I think I only played Reaper once in the open beta.  Even though there is overlap, that is what Blizzard is good at doing... balancing and making changes.  Over time there will probably be several changes to abilities, especially when it gets competitive.

Random mystery brawl or however they called it is like that. You can chose your first hero, after that, you get a new one every time you die.

This mode also rotates every week as well.  The the stress test before this I think there was faster health regen with faster ultimate regen and damage amplification.

• Upvote 2

Based on hearthstone take on this called "tavern brawl" which has really cool special game modes which rotate every couple of weeks, i expect to see similar things for overwatch

There is some slight overlap with some characters but the differences between classes are noticeable when you maximize their abilities.  Bastion is definitely a defender role and can out damage a Torbjorn.  Before the open beta,Torb and Bastion were very similar and a common complaint on the subreddit at that time. I find Torbjorn more of support like Symmetra since she also provides armor and creates turrets.  

Dongles had to look this one up because we didn't know what the number under her crosshair was but Zarya is very strong when her energy is maxed out.  It is not explained in the game but when use your shield, it absorbs that damage the shield blocks and charges her up.  It maxes out at 100 and signifies how much damage amplification you get, resulting in more damage output.  She probably does the most damage out of the tanks.  Roadhog is more of ability/hero blocker.  You can grab bastions in turret form, pull Pharah's from the sky, grab Junkrat tires to absorb the damage away from the team, etc.  

McCree is my favorite because you get free kills with him.  Yeah you can free shoot if you want but you might get one or two kills a game like that.  You have to stun them with the flash bomb and right click to get the "fan the hammer" kill.  This can take anyone out with one volley unless it's a tank at full health.  Even if it's a tank they won't live if you have a teammate there.  On that note, I find McCree and Reaper similar because they both need to be close to maximize damage.  I think I only played Reaper once in the open beta.  Even though there is overlap, that is what Blizzard is good at doing... balancing and making changes.  Over time there will probably be several changes to abilities, especially when it gets competitive.

i actually had a similar thing i was typing up earlier but forgot to post

a couple of things id like to add to it, 

Torb i feel brings alot more utility to a team than bastion with stuff you said like armor and plays more like a support, i feel his turret gives him an edge over bastion in terms of a distraction and im unsure but i think once you pop molten core and your turret is up and level 2 your dps will be on par if not better than bastions providing you can hit people aswel

I also feel that torb is a better pick into a random team, where as bastion even though he can do well solo providing positioning is decent ,playing him with a mercy pocket or reinhardt shield, your positioning doesnt particular matter and you can sit on a choke point or the payload and just rekt face  

Zarya i think you summed up pretty well, only thing i'll add, she brings utility in forms of shields and Crowd Control in the form of her graviton surge, probably reinhardt is the only other tank that brings probably more utility, with his big ass shield, charge and knock down, but both do well in different situations 

Mcree is a funny one, like you said his fan the hammer and flash bang, will kill most, but if you add in a roll after the first you get a free reload and can probably get a 2nd fan the hammer and possibly kill tanks aswel, not 100% sure the timing on that since i didnt play him enough, also hearing "its high noon" makes everyone cower in fear, similar to reaper apart from when you hear "die die die" your probably already waiting for a re spawn

Reaper and Mcree are probably the strongest out of the "offence" heroes, and will probably be in for a nerf for release

Overall i think everyone plays well, theres only a couple of heroes i feel that are particularly unbalanced right now, 

• Upvote 1

I already preordered, and I know I'm going to play a lot. I think a sub-section would be good, and it would be fun to play with other U.S. People. Can't play with you European people because I'm west coast.

• Upvote 1